Old 05-23-2019, 02:33 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 628 Times in 494 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusch_bag View Post
I dont wan't any high speed turn out of my thunderbirds either, but these are too much. I want them to fly like a longer teebird and these fly like a flat top firebird. These were probably going 100' shorter than the thunderbirds I have been throwing.
The new Thunderbirds must really be nasty. I've only thrown older ones, and they fly pretty damn true to the numbers. 9, 5, 0, 2.

The Thunderbird I bag is a champion 175 that can be hammered out to about 400' on a flat line with no high speed turn.

I will agree that I don't want Thunderbirds any beefier than the assigned numbers. I'd just move up to a Firebird if I wanted that.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2019, 02:40 PM

Niced 19 Times in 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjhayes7 View Post
Weird that these seem to be more overstable. It used to be that the flatter the Thunderbird, the more overstable, similar to the Firebird. But a Pro that starts overstable sounds intriguing just like the awesome first run of DX.
I can confirm that my most recent domey Pro Thunderbird is as stable as my new champ Thunderbird. I wouldn't call it Star Thunderbird overstable but I can't wait to get some wear on it because it already bombs even though it only has a HAIR of turn on full power throws (425 foot power). I can push it to 370 when a star Thunderbird is really going to be 350 max on a slight flex line. It will fight some wind with hyzer but it's no glideless Firebird for really windy shots.

For me, the flat Thunderbirds have -1 turn almost out of the box while the max weight domey ones are pretty true to the 0 turn out of the box.

Old 05-23-2019, 02:44 PM

Niced 19 Times in 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusch_bag View Post
I dont wan't any high speed turn out of my thunderbirds either, but these are too much. I want them to fly like a longer teebird and these fly like a flat top firebird. These were probably going 100' shorter than the thunderbirds I have been throwing.
I have a stiff Star Thunderbird that reminds me of what you're talking about. Every bit as stable as a Sexton Firebird (mine at least isn't as glideless as a flat firebird) if not a little more so. Sounds like you've also had bad luck with the Pro Thundebirds because my most recent domey Pro Thunderbird is an absolute money disc. I also got a new metal flake thunderbird that isn't quite as glidey but still is a nice straight to fade disc when the wind kicks up a little...