Old 03-29-2019, 09:02 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 19
Courses Played: 34
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 173 Times in 101 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myke566 View Post
Anyone else putting with Bullfrogs? I switched from P2s and am not looking back. They are so straight and true. You definitely need to power them up, but if you do, they are money.
I switched from Aviars to Bullfrogs because I wanted a putter I could throw...something I just couldn't get used to with the Aviars.

But now my Bullfrog is my main putting putter, as well as my throwing putter.

It's also the first disc I reach for when I get myself into trouble inside of 150'. Which is often
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 04-10-2019, 08:44 AM
Par Member

My Bullfrogs all have the red/yellow/green/ stamp which didn't bother me at first, but yesterday I did notice one "glaring" problem.

In the sun, this stamp kept blinding me during my putts. It was so bad on one hole, I had to change my stance.

Last night while putting in the basement, I took some Scotchbrite pads to the top to scuff the shine down some. Anyone else ever have that problem with a disc?
Old 04-10-2019, 08:50 AM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 1,852 Times in 1,388 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanA View Post
My Bullfrogs all have the red/yellow/green/ stamp which didn't bother me at first, but yesterday I did notice one "glaring" problem.

In the sun, this stamp kept blinding me during my putts. It was so bad on one hole, I had to change my stance.

Last night while putting in the basement, I took some Scotchbrite pads to the top to scuff the shine down some. Anyone else ever have that problem with a disc?
I haven't had this problem with a putter, but I've had a few discs with shiny stamps that were pretty bad if things lined up the wrong way.

If it's that bad, get some extra-strength fingernail polish remover, which is acetone, and wipe off the stamp on your main putting putter.

Old 04-10-2019, 09:41 AM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 834 Times in 476 Posts

I really like blank or bottomstamp disc for just this reason . . not that easy to remove stamps from baseline plastics

Old 04-10-2019, 10:04 AM
Par Member

Thanks for the tips. I ordered another Bullfrog this morning...same color, same stamp, so I may try the acetone route when it shows up.
Old 04-10-2019, 10:09 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.1
Niced 696 Times in 315 Posts

yeah, Acetone is the way to go.
Alternately, I have used 1000 or 2000 grit sandpaper on the top of DX discs to add a slight velvety feel to them. The disc feels phenomenal after the process and I highly recommend it*

*I don't think this is PDGA legal so I don't recommend it to people who compete. It is "light sanding" but not to fix imperfections from wear. It goes against the spirit of the rules. I don't compete so I don't care. YMMV.

Old 04-10-2019, 11:30 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 440 Times in 286 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmoset View Post
yeah, Acetone is the way to go.
Alternately, I have used 1000 or 2000 grit sandpaper on the top of DX discs to add a slight velvety feel to them. The disc feels phenomenal after the process and I highly recommend it*

*I don't think this is PDGA legal so I don't recommend it to people who compete. It is "light sanding" but not to fix imperfections from wear. It goes against the spirit of the rules. I don't compete so I don't care. YMMV.
I agree that it is against the rule, however for anyone else considering doing this, if you say you're fixing a molding imperfection rather than trying to give the disc a velvety feel, I think you're 100% in the clear. I've had plenty of discs with molding imperfections in myriad places outside the parting and witness lines on the surface of the disc.
Old 04-10-2019, 11:55 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 74 Times in 52 Posts

I noticed one of my bullfrogs has a glare. White with a lighter blue stamp.
Old 04-21-2019, 04:59 AM

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post
Arrow Awesome Disc

Snagged one out of my buddies basement before playing a round, not expecting a whole lot from it, and by the end of the round I knew it wouldn’t be coming out of the bag anytime soon. I’ve never had more confidence with a off the tee/approach shots whether it be FH or BH this disc is super stable to overstable. My simple minded comparison or way to describe it simply is that it’s the putter version of a beat in Xcal or PD2. It flys incredibly straight until it gets drunk and wants to tip over hard and biff it hard right or left makes running every putt from 100-200 feet out so much easier knowing it bites and stops as soon as it hits with next to 0 glide. If ya give it an honest chance, I don’t think you’ll be disappointed.

Old 05-24-2019, 01:20 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 4.9
Courses Played: 3
Niced 133 Times in 74 Posts

I'm sure that I have posted on this thread before, but just got to keep commenting. I love this disc and also the plastic. I will say that I use it primarily as a putting putter. I was already a fan of XT plastic as I have both Nova and Colt discs in this plastic. It has good grip, it is firm, and it is quite durable when using not as a driving disc but just as a putting disc. So far I am still bagging the Zero Hard Dagger as my main putter, but am using the Bullfrog alot in practice and I'm just about ready to put it in the bag in place of the Dagger.