Old 11-15-2018, 02:46 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 36
Niced 62 Times in 47 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger View Post
just grabbed a disc and I can see what you mean. I was using a towel and thinking it could be out further.

I do want to pull through lower tho. Having it up high feels awful.

Pull wherever feels comfortable! I like swing through up on a plane like Paul, but Swedish throwers pull through super low (see: Feldberg).
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2018, 05:49 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 329 Times in 219 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoeschel View Post
How do you know that is not what seppo means? Have you seen him throw? He certainly does not tuck his chin into his chest.

This part makes me unreasonably angry. Maybe its the language barrier but it sounds so condescending to me. I mean, you definitely know a lot more about form than me so i don't want to pass judgement, but if you go through your old blog-entries, is that really what you are doing?

Personally, i had a big breakthrough lately and all i had to do was ignore advice i got here (get to the right peck) and imitate the pros(never let you elbow collapse to <90°). Don't get me wrong, i absolutely appreciate all the videos, advice and discussions. I just have my doubts that the level of certainty displayed above is warranted.
Yeah I mean, you think any of the pros we watch on lead card got to where they are by pouring over the DGCR technique guides? Fact of the matter is, the guys on here can pontificate on biomechanics til they're blue in the face, but I don't see any evidence.
Old 11-15-2018, 08:43 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.4
Courses Played: 215
Niced 1,894 Times in 1,213 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexplz View Post
Yeah I mean, you think any of the pros we watch on lead card got to where they are by pouring over the DGCR technique guides? Fact of the matter is, the guys on here can pontificate on biomechanics til they're blue in the face, but I don't see any evidence.
You mean like a 4x World Champ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMcBeth View Post
Great concept just don't expect immediate results.

I'd advise listing to Jimmy Ballard pontificating against any advice of keeping the head down or still or back:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BUOAZrbMGs&t=6m

David Wiggins Jr - Keep your Head Up:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywEyfD1zTtQ#t=6m45s

Avery Jenkins - Keep your Chin Up:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uM_Ank9CoiM&t=10m50s

Quote:
We asked several of our top SwingFix instructors for the worst tip they've ever heard.

There were a number of strong contenders, but 'keep your head down' got the most votes … and it wasn't really close.
https://www.golfchannel.com/article/...own-not-answer

Old 11-16-2018, 03:49 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 15.5
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 477 Times in 405 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger View Post
just grabbed a disc and I can see what you mean. I was using a towel and thinking it could be out further.

I do want to pull through lower tho. Having it up high feels awful.
Same for me too, I can't throw with it across the chest an inch lower then nipples the way my brother does in a drive and lots of pros do. Instead I throw in between middle of the nipples and belly button for my drives to midrange shot being smaller then my younger brother. He is not a huge player but he has to throw this way or he will not throw flat and every throw is torqued to an overstable type throw for normal release or understable if he releases disc late.

Niced: (1)
Old 11-21-2018, 10:44 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 36
Niced 62 Times in 47 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
Same for me too, I can't throw with it across the chest an inch lower then nipples the way my brother does in a drive and lots of pros do. Instead I throw in between middle of the nipples and belly button for my drives to midrange shot being smaller then my younger brother. He is not a huge player but he has to throw this way or he will not throw flat and every throw is torqued to an overstable type throw for normal release or understable if he releases disc late.
Eric Oakley basically slits his throat with the disc he pulls so high.

Feldberg would be cutting something else off because it's so low.

There are many things everyone needs to do, but adjusting where you pull is usually based on comfort or preference.

Read the threads about Swedish vs. American style with HUB and SW22, all the info you'll need about pulling high vs low should be in there.

Old 11-30-2018, 09:07 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 15.5
Courses Played: 25
Niced 477 Times in 405 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drk_evns View Post
Eric Oakley basically slits his throat with the disc he pulls so high.

Feldberg would be cutting something else off because it's so low.

There are many things everyone needs to do, but adjusting where you pull is usually based on comfort or preference.

Read the threads about Swedish vs. American style with HUB and SW22, all the info you'll need about pulling high vs low should be in there.
I have read that post, I know the high low thing but even then throwing is different, my dad he does a forehand throw that starts out wide then he tucks in with elbow. That side arm is one of the smoothest I have ever seen, he did the forehand throw only since throwing toy and Wham-O Frisbee's since the mid 1960's when he was 4 or 5.
Old 12-01-2018, 02:15 PM
Sophomore

Years Playing: 8.8
Courses Played: 62
Niced 64 Times in 48 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexplz View Post
Is that because you haven't made enough of an effort to put their advice into action? I'd say gaining 150'+ personally is strong evidence, and you can go see it in my critique thread.

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forum...ad.php?t=65039

Now that I think of it, the hammer pound drill was what got me from 150' noob hyzers to 250-300'; so I guess you could say these guys added 300'+ to my throw.

Last edited by Dan Ensor; 12-01-2018 at 02:17 PM.

Old 12-01-2018, 04:19 PM

Years Playing: 0.5
Niced 14 Times in 8 Posts

I think anyone who's doing field work will see improvement unless they are just doing the same big mistakes over and over without trying anything different. I like to read this section because it gives me ideas to try when I do fieldwork.

With the varieties of style the pros have, I'm pretty sure there isn't only one that works for everybody. So as far as you're not releasing the disc nose up and/or rounding like crazy, if you find the timing to use your weight transfer efficiently you will at least throw 300'.