Nice thrower. It's DX.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-2019, 09:31 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 32
Niced 578 Times in 309 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
Just found a PFN polecat with Ontario tooling at PIAS. Probably 8/10 no ink soft plastic. Is it DX or r-pro? What’s the age of something like this and is it valuable?
It's worth a thousand birdies. Nice find.

Niced: (1)
Old 08-27-2019, 10:13 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.4
Niced 812 Times in 371 Posts

When I first started playing, I had seen Polecats in the store but quickly dismissed them because they weren't "beveled" and "technologically advanced" and "real sports equipment." I didn't pay attention to them or even touch them.

Then I played a round with an old-timer who had a stack of 6 Polecats as his only putter and approach disc. They were odd... the flight plates felt so thin, soft, and gummy that they made R-Pro feel stiff (R-Pro was still a loooong way from being invented back then). The flight plate was so thin it was translucent. The old-timer TORE UP my crazy-tight home course with basically only Polecats. He threw a mid-range here and there, but Polecats were 80/90% of his game. Kicked my butt EASILY.

That was a truly inspirational round. I immediately bought a Polecat; I was hooked. After seeing, buying, and throwing many Polecats, I still have never seen gummy DX Polecats like he had. The R-Pro isn't even close. I hope to find them one day!

Old 08-27-2019, 10:51 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 248 Times in 143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmoset View Post
When I first started playing, I had seen Polecats in the store but quickly dismissed them because they weren't "beveled" and "technologically advanced" and "real sports equipment." I didn't pay attention to them or even touch them.

Then I played a round with an old-timer who had a stack of 6 Polecats as his only putter and approach disc. They were odd... the flight plates felt so thin, soft, and gummy that they made R-Pro feel stiff (R-Pro was still a loooong way from being invented back then). The flight plate was so thin it was translucent. The old-timer TORE UP my crazy-tight home course with basically only Polecats. He threw a mid-range here and there, but Polecats were 80/90% of his game. Kicked my butt EASILY.

That was a truly inspirational round. I immediately bought a Polecat; I was hooked. After seeing, buying, and throwing many Polecats, I still have never seen gummy DX Polecats like he had. The R-Pro isn't even close. I hope to find them one day!
This one I found is definitely gummy like you describe. Probably the softest Innova disc I’ve ever felt. I’m not usually a fan of soft discs but I’m probably going to throw it around and see how I like it. PM me if you want it I’m sure we could work out a trade or something.
Old 08-27-2019, 11:20 PM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 11.4
Courses Played: 134
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,098 Times in 739 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodachrome View Post
That's more my thing, for sure.

I love driving and longer approaches with fresh, heavier cats. I know it's not the same magic many of you guys enjoy, but instead I have a superhero for short approaches and basket runs outside controlled putting range.

Though sometimes the cat gets used there too. Today there was some breeziness that would have tossed the superhero too much. Polecat handled it.

It's fun coming back and seeing all the peeps here with polecats in their bags....it's becoming a strange world lately. Lots of new, weird discs.
Upshot bro. Like $2 fiddy cents a pop xout.

I mean? How sexy.

https://gottagogottathrow.com/produc...28544100991028

Last edited by Aim For The Chains; 08-27-2019 at 11:23 PM.
Old 08-27-2019, 11:24 PM
Verified Jurkface

Years Playing: 12.2
Courses Played: 166
Niced 2,229 Times in 1,044 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
Just found a PFN polecat with Ontario tooling at PIAS. Probably 8/10 no ink soft plastic. Is it DX or r-pro? What’s the age of something like this and is it valuable?
That looks exactly like my 1st and still bagged Polecat. I got it new at least 7 years ago probably.
Old 08-27-2019, 11:30 PM
FROLF OFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherDave View Post
That looks exactly like my 1st and still bagged Polecat. I got it new at least 7 years ago probably.
Does yours now look like it was rolled thru rock but flies legit? Vs some dome waxy bs?
Old 08-27-2019, 11:42 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.3
Courses Played: 25
Niced 740 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmoset View Post

I have seen some Discs in a Walmart in 2017, some R-Pro Polecat and one of them in a stack was as soft as the modern special Steady Ed plastic, as stiff as the modern plastic is molding up for some discs. The rest were like the old Pro for the Rhyno and the Pig, that simi soft plastic that is not super soft but not like modern DX either. So runs of soft R-Pro do come out but not as often.

I bet his discs were the old Soft DX, some molds like a Soft DX Rhyno and Soft DX Shark I know existed as I have seen them in person. A Soft DX Ryhno commanded a good bit if money until the soft Pro Rhyno came out. The Soft DX Shark would sell quick but not for much just what a new DX Shark would cost as price for the Shark mold was not in as close as big of a demand as Soft DX Rhyno, later Soft DX Shark could not sell online when the slightly bouncy yet tacky Pro Shark came out.

Last edited by Casey 1988; 08-27-2019 at 11:44 PM.
Old 08-27-2019, 11:48 PM
Verified Jurkface

Years Playing: 12.2
Courses Played: 166
Niced 2,229 Times in 1,044 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
Does yours now look like it was rolled thru rock but flies legit? Vs some dome waxy bs?
It was fairly stiff when it was new but it looks like it's been beaten with hammers so it's nicked and gouged and velvety. I even got mad at it one day and ran over it with the truck and did a burnout on it. And I still bag the mf'er because it just flies so damn sweet most of the time.

Old 08-28-2019, 12:06 AM
FROLF OFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherDave View Post
It was fairly stiff when it was new but it looks like it's been beaten with hammers so it's nicked and gouged and velvety. I even got mad at it one day and ran over it with the truck and did a burnout on it. And I still bag the mf'er because it just flies so damn sweet most of the time.
Sounds normal.

Niced: (3)