Niced: (1)
Old 09-28-2017, 02:51 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 1.5
Courses Played: 11
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 74 Times in 39 Posts

Since I'm feeling extra snarky.

Yes, because I didn't feel like talking about the definition of Par, or arguing that Rocs are better than Buzzes, or lying my ass off about my driving distance, or being a general turd.

I'm kind of having a love/hate relationship with this site. I'd love to have a place to come and discuss anything DG related, but JESUS F***ING CHRIST are there a lot of total *******s around here.

I feel it was a legitimate question, so I asked. Don't like it, don't read it. The thread title was clear, so if it wasn't something that you cared about, why the F*** were you reading it? Just to **** on it? @$$hole.

Niced: (2)
Old 09-29-2017, 08:21 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 16
Courses Played: 90
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 23 Times in 20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn LeFey View Post
Since I'm feeling extra snarky.

Yes, because I didn't feel like talking about the definition of Par, or arguing that Rocs are better than Buzzes, or lying my ass off about my driving distance, or being a general turd.

I'm kind of having a love/hate relationship with this site. I'd love to have a place to come and discuss anything DG related, but JESUS F***ING CHRIST are there a lot of total *******s around here.

I feel it was a legitimate question, so I asked. Don't like it, don't read it. The thread title was clear, so if it wasn't something that you cared about, why the F*** were you reading it? Just to **** on it? @$$hole.
I think you've had too much coffee. The caffeine is affecting your posts.
Old 09-29-2017, 09:53 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 80
Niced 32 Times in 22 Posts

If we want to think about disc golf as a sport, these kind of discussions are important. Taking any sport seriously will quickly lead to discussions about diet and chemical balances. So, I agree with the OP. This is a good discussion topic and those who don't care about it don't have to read or respond.

Back on topic. I recently changed from drinking large travel mugs of coffee to having a few shots of espresso (got a serious Bosch machine cheap). I feel just as alert, but without feeling all "gross" from too much coffee. I might try tweaking the intake amount before a morning round to see if I can get the right balance between alertness and jittery.
Old 09-29-2017, 12:32 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 1.5
Courses Played: 11
Niced 74 Times in 39 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by takman View Post
I think you've had too much coffee. The caffeine is affecting your posts.
I think that was obvious.

Niced: (1)
Old 09-30-2017, 05:26 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 10 Times in 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn LeFey View Post
I know it's not like hitting the course drunk or stoned, but does anyone else notice problems with their play when they've had too much caffeine?

It seems to affect how smooth my throws are, causing a little more or less power than I want.

And cause a lot more cussing. Maybe that's just me, though.

A morning mug (2 cups) of coffee seems to be fine if I'm playing in the afternoon, but a couple diet sodas added to that, or another mug, and it seems to start affecting performance.

coffee in general is not a good idea. it makes you uneasy, especially once you're addicted to it and don't have one.

once in awhile is fine.

i wouldn't drink coffee before anything serious.
Old 09-30-2017, 07:21 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.4
Courses Played: 19
Niced 349 Times in 186 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tu-f-o View Post
coffee in general is not a good idea. it makes you uneasy, especially once you're addicted to it and don't have one.

once in awhile is fine.

i wouldn't drink coffee before anything serious.
Countless athletes consume coffee/caffeine before games or competition, or during training.
It's not so black and white.
Old 09-30-2017, 08:14 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 10 Times in 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken Shoulder View Post
Countless athletes consume coffee/caffeine before games or competition, or during training.
It's not so black and white.
true, it depends on the person.
Old 10-12-2017, 01:54 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 19 Times in 15 Posts

I would think that there is a sweet spot that of course is going to vary for everyone based on physiology and one's personal relationship with coffee and caffeine.

I think of state dependent learning/memory - ever play pool in a bar? I know personally I'm better after one drink. This could be due to a number of factors - A. the depressant effect of the booze helps calm my nerves or makes my fine movement less imprecise, B. the state I enter prompts the skills from all the practice I've had in bars after one or two drinks.

I will say, if you do all your practice either under the effects of a cup of coffee or a beer, probably a good idea to recreate that scenario when you need to call on those practiced skills to perform. This of course is only to a certain extent - if I down a sixer at hole 1 every round, it doesn't mean I wouldn't play better in a tourney without any booze at all... my performance at pool seems to peak around a couple/few drinks after all.

Old 10-12-2017, 01:58 PM
**SuIciDe AnKles**

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 336
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 241 Times in 136 Posts

I typically have my couple cups of coffee on tourney mornings, and another before the second round. Smooths me out.

Other drinks with added sugars are what get me. Energy drinks, sodas, junk food...I can definitely tell I'm all twitched up and don't play as well.