Old 04-14-2013, 06:19 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 9
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I couldn't do it, they were way to hard to range compared to my rocs. Only one I liked was the tangent. Axis and vector touched base into fairway driver territory.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2013, 06:27 PM
Big Country

Years Playing: 27.6
Courses Played: 52
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 165 Times in 92 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thugjitsu View Post
I couldn't do it, they were way to hard to range compared to my rocs. Only one I liked was the tangent. Axis and vector touched base into fairway driver territory.
Agreed. Throwing the vector and the Axis actually hurt my game. I was unable to get shorter, "true" mid-range shots with them, so I ended up powering up putters and eventually dropping mid-ranges all together for a couple months. The Roc3 came out and i remembered what I was missing...

To the OP: I just scaled down my arsenal of Rocs myself. My bag was just getting too dang heavy with my 6 Rocs in different states of wear. I did that because it's what I've done for years, and was easy to get back into when I got over the foolish idea that I didn't need mid-ranges. Now, as you can see, I have a varied mid-range lineup.

If you want to try an all-MVP lineup, just get heavy Neutron Vector, Axis and Tangent. Don't worry about lighter weights or Proton or Eclipse or any of that. Only do that if you decide you like 'em enough to run 'em. Just three regular Neutrons should give you enough of a sample to decide if it works.
Old 04-14-2013, 06:32 PM
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*

Years Playing: 13.4
Courses Played: 25
Niced 44 Times in 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazman07 View Post
My only complaint with the rocs is that they beat in differently. I have a dx that is thrashed, but won't turn, it's just dead straight. I have a flat top R-Pro that's way US for HSS and WAY OS in LSS. I have one great US roc, what happens when it's gone?
Trust me you wont have that problem with MVP, their discs beat in slower than ANY plastic i have ever thrown.

Get yourself a Vector in Eclipse and one in Neutron, then get a Axis and a Tangent.

The vector alone will cover everything a roc can do with very similar flight, but the axis/tangent will give you coverage of every shot your seasoned, beat rocs ever could right out of the box!

I find Orange and Yellow are nice and consistent for me always.

I have a Vector in my bag that i have had sonce the day it released, its beat to hell but still hasnt lost its stability.. just flies straight for a longer amount of time the more i use it.

MVP makes great discs, dont listen to the haters on here.. give it a try and if you dont like them i will buy them from you. Everyone i have given that offer to has not sold them to me after they tried them most of the time they never turn back.
Old 04-14-2013, 06:38 PM
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*

Years Playing: 13.4
Courses Played: 25
Niced 44 Times in 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJB View Post
I was unable to get shorter, "true" mid-range shots with them, so I ended up powering up putters and eventually dropping mid-ranges all together for a couple months.
If you have trouble ranging MVP midranges then its because you havnt put enough time into getting used to the Gyro tech of their discs, they hold lines longer so it takes a while to get used to the amount of time that disc will hold its line.

I have been able to get FAR more control with MVP than any other discs i have tried, but i gave them an honest chance and didnt give up right away when they didnt fly exactly like conventional discs.

You can get neutron plastic from Marshal Street for like $11 for no-stamp.. i say give it a shot and see if you like them
Old 04-14-2013, 07:01 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.7
Courses Played: 33
Niced 758 Times in 365 Posts

Why is it that when someone says something negative about MVP (or doesn't care for them) on here the normal response is that we are "haters", or that we don't know how to throw properly in order to fully realize the power of gyro. I dont get it. But whatever, to each their own.
Old 04-14-2013, 07:15 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 5
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I did the exact opposite of the OP. I went from a stable of MVP to Rocs for a little while. I ended up totally changing my mids up recently because it is hard to find newer DX plastic that does not gouge the first time it hits something. Tossing all Euro plastic for mids now.
Old 04-14-2013, 07:19 PM
Free at Last

Years Playing: 7.6
Courses Played: 1
Niced 830 Times in 443 Posts

DX Rocs and MVP mids feel very different in the hand to me. The Roc3 feels a lot like my Axis. One advantage and disadvantage of MVP discs is that they take forever to beat in. If you like cycling Rocs, it just won't be the same.

I say just buy one of each MVP mid in whatever weight you choose. Like in4d said, MST has an April deal right now on unstamped discs. You can pick up 3 Neutrons for about $36 bucks.

If you don't like em, they'll be easy to sell in the MP.
Old 04-14-2013, 07:26 PM
Big Country

Years Playing: 27.6
Courses Played: 52
Niced 165 Times in 92 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by in4d View Post
If you have trouble ranging MVP midranges then its because you havnt put enough time into getting used to the Gyro tech of their discs, they hold lines longer so it takes a while to get used to the amount of time that disc will hold its line.
I have been able to get FAR more control with MVP than any other discs i have tried, but i gave them an honest chance and didnt give up right away when they didnt fly exactly like conventional discs.

You can get neutron plastic from Marshal Street for like $11 for no-stamp.. i say give it a shot and see if you like them
If you look at my sig, you will se that is clearly not the case. I love my Tangent, Ions, Volts and Shocks. vectors and Axisi didn't click with me. There's lots of different playing styles out there, no need to imply I don't know how to play disc golf just because I don't like some discs that you do.

I really like what MVP does and they make a very quality product. If you notice in my first post in this thread, in no way did I try and steer the OP away from MVP, quite the opposite, rather. But I do find it helpful to relay my experiences so they have a full gamut of knowledge to draw from when they try them out.
Old 04-14-2013, 07:34 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 43
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC AceHole View Post
Plus nothing glides like dx or kc pro, espicially when beat in.
Have you thrown any MVP? The mids glide like crazy.

Old 04-14-2013, 07:52 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 71
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

I say go all Prodigy mids.