Old 04-15-2013, 10:01 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 7.7
Courses Played: 28
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 4 Times in 2 Posts

Yeah, I held on to a couple FR Vectors for really OS. I've thrown the axis and Vector before, but it was when I was still getting a feel for line shaping. I may pull the trigger, we'll see.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2013, 10:05 AM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 10.4
Courses Played: 134
Niced 972 Times in 665 Posts

still not sure how the vector doesn't fill an OS mid slot? Its by no means just a stable mid and the lateral amount of fade is much better than any other mid I have thrown which generally sit down sooner or finish forward like the axis does. My vector literally stops going forward and starts flying sideways almost during LSS fade, unless I release with some mean anhyzer or intentional oat there is no part of the vectors flight that is understable by any means and is an OS disc 100%

It is what I always wanted the PAIN to be when I threw lat. all day everyday and now the tangent have replaced the fuse plus the guys across the pond are cranking out so many new molds its hard to keep up even let alone all the over-lap between their 3 companies now... Its like going to a restaurant with a 10 page menu and trying to pick something to eat when you are starving-- just give me some solid choices and make the best! Innova is a great example with beyond too many molds when you consider OOP, changes, X + tool this tool that patent# etc you could spend 2 years researching which mold to throw and another 2 years trying to find an identical one lol.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:33 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.8
Courses Played: 61
Niced 28 Times in 21 Posts

Well I really like my roc3, kc pro roc, and dx roc. I may give the vector and axis anoth per try at some point but in neutron plastic. I tried them in proton and wasn't sure about Em. Plus I still carry my Buzzz. I definitely want to try out the tangent though, it seems like there might still be a slot for that.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:45 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 18
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Throw Rocs if you like em or buy a bunch of new mids to try if you don't. You could just say you're supporting the disc golf community to justify spending $.

Likely the most non-informative post ever, but I mainly just wanted to see if my profile picture change worked.

If so, "Do not touch the trim!!"
Old 04-15-2013, 10:45 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 18
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Nope, didn't work.

Bollocks.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:51 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 35
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
still not sure how the vector doesn't fill an OS mid slot? Its by no means just a stable mid and the lateral amount of fade is much better than any other mid I have thrown which generally sit down sooner or finish forward like the axis does. My vector literally stops going forward and starts flying sideways almost during LSS fade, unless I release with some mean anhyzer or intentional oat there is no part of the vectors flight that is understable by any means and is an OS disc 100%

It is what I always wanted the PAIN to be when I threw lat. all day everyday and now the tangent have replaced the fuse plus the guys across the pond are cranking out so many new molds its hard to keep up even let alone all the over-lap between their 3 companies now... Its like going to a restaurant with a 10 page menu and trying to pick something to eat when you are starving-- just give me some solid choices and make the best! Innova is a great example with beyond too many molds when you consider OOP, changes, X + tool this tool that patent# etc you could spend 2 years researching which mold to throw and another 2 years trying to find an identical one lol.
I agree the Vector is somewhat overstable, but I'm talking about Drone overstability. I've thrown a couple M1s and they are much closer to a Drone than the Vector is. I play where 20 mph winds are normal, I need a TRUE overstable mid. A Vector will flip up in a 20 mph headwind.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:28 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 122
Niced 421 Times in 269 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazman07 View Post
I have 4 Rocs in the bag, OS Roc3, stable KC Glo, Neutral DX, us KC Pro.

I'm thinking of switching to MVP mids, if so I'm thinking a light tangent, heavy tangent, axis, beat vector, fresh/ FR vector.

My problem is that I add one disc total to the mix. I don't know, show me the way DGCRers.
I went from Rocs and Comets to MVP mids. Threw Buzzes at one point also.

Vectors generally do well covering the OS Roc slot. Most are roughly fresh kc roc overstable, some a little more, some a little less. I have thrown Rocs side by side and they throw pretty similar overall, with Vectors feeling a hair faster and a bit longer. The beefier Vectors do a little better in the wind than a new max weight kc, and the more neutral Vectors do slightly worse. Both molds handle full power drives well.

The Axis I cannot recommend enough for the perfectly seasoned Roc / slightly seasoned Buzz slot. I just spent some time with a new Roc 3 and 10th Buzz, and it is amazing throwing them side by side with my bagged Axis. I could never go back to either for my dead straight mid. The Axis is the straightest mid I have thrown with reliable high speed stability, is durable enough to stay there through months of hard use, and consistently molds up.

The Tangent I have less experience with because of how new it is. I have a handful of 177-179 whites, and one 171 green. The green is easier to turn, the heavy whites are pretty stable. If I throw them 15' high, flat and 300', the white one is pretty much a laser, and the green has a mild track to the right the entire flight. I can throw them straight on a full power toss with hyzer, or get a smooth turn thrown flat. They glide very well on anhyzer lines, and the profile is very comfortable for fh approach.

If I were new to MVP mids I would buy the following:

The heaviest, domiest, highest PLH Vector I could find for my OS mid.
An Axis with moderate dome, 178-180, for my 0 hss straight mid.
Lighter Tangent, 170-173, for my slightly understable mid.

Plastic doesn't seem to make a huge difference from what I've seen except that overall my eclipse mids feel like they generally start out a bit more neutral. Dome seems to matter more. My flat Vectors and Axis have been less OS than domey ones of the same plastic and weight.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:31 AM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 10.4
Courses Played: 134
Niced 972 Times in 665 Posts

^Exactly.

Old 04-15-2013, 11:39 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 122
Niced 421 Times in 269 Posts

This is the first video I did with MVP's neutron mids.

Tangent.

This is me driving with KC and DX Rocs.

Last edited by Mike C; 04-15-2013 at 11:43 AM.