Old 05-08-2017, 04:19 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 74
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 69 Times in 44 Posts

I haven't had the best luck leaving voicemails. However, calling back has worked great. Never had a problem getting a tee time when I get them on the phone. Fun course. If you post on Mile High Disc Golf's facebook page you can usually get a group together if you want to play with others.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2017, 08:02 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 22.5
Courses Played: 147
Niced 330 Times in 165 Posts

I played it about 4 years ago and it was on a weekday, so my friend couldn't get off work. Paulie allowed me to play it solo, gave me the full orientation and cut me loose. I believe I only made the donation for one. I had played Phantom Falls 2 years previous, and Paulie remembered me, and that may have made a difference, but I can't speak to what he may allow for you. There was no background check, just a waiver to sign. The rules aren't unreasonable.

I wouldn't pay $80 to play it though, but that's just me. Beaver Ranch and Bailey are close by, high quality and much cheaper although not quite as unique. I will say Bucksnort is not the best place to play solo. That course has some boulders as big as office buildings that slope into cliffs, drop-offs close to basket locations that will kill you if you are not careful. If you got hurt in there, it might be awhile before anyone comes looking for you. There's nothing else around. Try to at least find one person to tag along with you, even if they just walk it. It's a beautiful area.

Last edited by jeffmonty; 05-08-2017 at 08:06 PM.
Old 05-08-2017, 08:30 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 262
Niced 38 Times in 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJB View Post
They are preparing for a tournament right now. Probably a little busy with that. Not making excuses per se, but just a heads up.
Definitely will not bother the course owner then and just play somewhere else. I played in Colorado a Couple of years ago and was told it was difficult getting on the course if I did not get in contact with the owner a month prior. When the guy I played with commented about the background check, he must have been joking but it did not seem like he was from my perspective.
Old 05-08-2017, 09:35 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 18.4
Courses Played: 28
Niced 8 Times in 5 Posts

It is a bit crazy on the weekends, as I do not have a weekend tee-time at this point till September. You can get on during the week much easier than the weekends. Call me at 303-816-4622 if you wish to try to play the most unique DG course in Colorado. Oh, and no background checks required, just some commonsense, very reasonable rules. Thanks - P22

Niced: (1)
Old 05-08-2017, 09:51 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.4
Courses Played: 287
Niced 44 Times in 22 Posts

Bucksnort is worth it!!! Think I've played 242 courses and it's in my top 3. As far as extreme/adventure golf courses go it may be the best. I payed for a group but played solo and will do it again if I'm in the area and there's an opening. Paulie is a great host and the rules are just common sense/respect stuff.
Old 05-08-2017, 11:04 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 30.4
Courses Played: 900
Niced 59 Times in 35 Posts

Put in the effort to contact Paul (as he noted above) and there's a good chance you'll get on, with a little flexibility. It's in my very top list of courses; for it's uniqueness.
Old 06-13-2018, 09:54 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 13.4
Courses Played: 92
Niced 17 Times in 12 Posts

I haven't seen any discussion on this thread about BuckSnort being closed. I see ldtrainman has updated the course conditions to say it's back open, but that's the first time I've seen somebody say that.
Old 06-13-2018, 12:24 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 22.5
Courses Played: 147
Niced 330 Times in 165 Posts

Horsman just did a fresh review of it last week, but didn't mention anything in the review about past or present status, which seemed a bit odd. It was like nothing ever happened.

Old 06-13-2018, 12:30 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 12.2
Courses Played: 31
Niced 241 Times in 95 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallpaul View Post
Put in the effort to contact Paul (as he noted above) and there's a good chance you'll get on, with a little flexibility. It's in my very top list of courses; for it's uniqueness.
ITT: Pauls sticking together