Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-16-2018, 11:12 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.7
Courses Played: 5
Niced 99 Times in 78 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
Why have the practice putters such a lightwight? Are they just that low now from years of use or are they actually bought at 166 grams?
Well as my name implies I like the Envy bought a few in various weights a couple neutrons and a 165 proton... I discovered a few years back that I can get a light Ion up to cruising speed easier than the max weight I always threw and it is easier to get to fly straight for approach shots... so I have kind of balanced the stability of my Envy's with a lighter weight and it works great for me. Straight, hyzer or anny... killer fade back out annys!

Now it's just kind of a thing, started sort of by accident but it seems like an appropriate weight for my drivers too especially if it is a new mold to me. I find it easier to weight my shots, I had to trade off my 170 Neutron Envy even though I love it I hit basket more than chains and I try not to pack specialty or one shot discs.. Haha but the electron E envy has changed that it's my prime putter only disc.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-2018, 11:35 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.1
Courses Played: 32
Niced 216 Times in 136 Posts

For straight on putting, I just use one mold (Roach). There needed to be another option for 'more than one mold' because there's 3 in my P&A game. I also use a PA1 for putts that need to hyzer around something or serious wind.

I also use an ESP Buzzz for long putts - outside of 40' where I need that extra reach. I really recommend any Buzzz throwers (or equivalent) to try this out. I use a modified power grip with my normal putting style. Makes it easy to contend the basket from 40'+.
Old 06-16-2018, 11:43 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.7
Courses Played: 5
Niced 99 Times in 78 Posts

https://vgy.me/AA6ivO.jpg

All 166, six envy, two proxy, a Spin and an atom

Last edited by ThrowaEnvy; 06-16-2018 at 11:46 AM.
Old 06-18-2018, 06:19 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 15
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 336 Times in 286 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stable View Post
For straight on putting, I just use one mold (Roach). There needed to be another option for 'more than one mold' because there's 3 in my P&A game. I also use a PA1 for putts that need to hyzer around something or serious wind.

I also use an ESP Buzzz for long putts - outside of 40' where I need that extra reach. I really recommend any Buzzz throwers (or equivalent) to try this out. I use a modified power grip with my normal putting style. Makes it easy to contend the basket from 40'+.
I do the same with my slow midrange, use it on 37-40 feet and out either Putting stance or short midrange shot. They power down well unlike its faster 3 top mold that is a true midrange disc and the other mold that I have that is a midrange styled fairway disc.

Niced: (1)
Old 06-18-2018, 05:42 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 50 Times in 43 Posts

I practice with my rat, nova, and my main 2 clutches. Generally I practice from different ranges and positions I may be using each at but I’m also lazy and would rather throw more each time I have to go to the basket

Old 06-18-2018, 07:06 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.2
Courses Played: 74
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 64 Times in 39 Posts

I have about 50 putters in the backyard. For just inside the circle practice, I grab a stack and just work on muscle memory. Ready, aim, fire.

For longer putts or small throws I have a stack of wizards I use.

Niced: (1)