Old 06-14-2018, 03:54 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12
Courses Played: 74
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 315 Times in 145 Posts
Default SLC Area Recommendations?

So, here's the deal:

A friend and I are going to be in the greater Salt Lake City area on July 15th & 16th, looking for recommendations on courses to play and some other amenities. The Solitude Mountain course is definitely on the agenda. Hoping to hit that Sunday the 15th so we can catch the lift up.

Any guidance on the following is appreciated:
  • Courses to play: Looking to play 3-6 different courses per day. Any areas with a high density of quality courses would be great, just to minimize drive times. Pay-to-play is fine. Don't mind rougher mountain golf if the design is cool. Let me know if there are any that are worth the effort to seek a local guide. Also happy to hit quick & fun shorter courses between destinations; we intend to play them all!
  • Camping Spots: Bonus points for camping areas that are near swimmable lakes/rivers. Seclusion and natural beauty also good selling points, although sites must be vehicle accessible (trying to save the hiking for disc golf courses!) Reasonable camp site fees are fine. Would prefer to have designated campfire spots available, although I know that mid-July might mean fire restrictions.
  • Other Fun Stuff: Restaurants, breweries, kitschy tourist traps...anything that you think is worth a quick stop between courses.

All suggestions welcome!
Thanks.
Sponsored Links

Old 06-21-2018, 12:27 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.8
Courses Played: 160
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 137 Times in 70 Posts

Bump, help some baggers out!