Old 06-01-2020, 01:03 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.1
Courses Played: 5
Niced 1,326 Times in 879 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhaley View Post
I actually don't mind the feel at all. I only throw BH so that's probably why. It's definitely staying in the bag, I just have to not torque on it so much. It does things I've never done before, with ease. Like I said, I can't believe I waited this long. I'm hooked.
Awesome man, my name's Mike and the Comet worked for me! Thanks DGCR!

I actually started using a "birdie" grip just for the Comet to keep a more controlled angle, now it's everywhere, I have to stop myself when I grab a driver haha.. Except the Relay.. I can birdie that sucker and pretend it's a mid... anyhow...

Welcome fellow Cometeer! .......
....BA da .dada da dah! and away I go on a frozen rope!
Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)
Old 06-01-2020, 07:59 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.2
Courses Played: 91
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,565 Times in 780 Posts

I used to only use a fan grip on drivers and putters for many years. Late last summer and fall, I dedicated myself to throwing everything with a power grip. Took a bit to get used to, especially with comets and putters, but now they are flying even truer to holding their lines and I can throw them in a wider variety of conditions.

No matter the grip you use, once you can throw them smoothly they are pretty much the perfect golf disc.
Old 06-01-2020, 09:30 AM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 25.8
Courses Played: 136
Niced 3,645 Times in 1,316 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorB View Post
I used to only use a fan grip on drivers and putters for many years. Late last summer and fall, I dedicated myself to throwing everything with a power grip. Took a bit to get used to, especially with comets and putters, but now they are flying even truer to holding their lines and I can throw them in a wider variety of conditions.

No matter the grip you use, once you can throw them smoothly they are pretty much the perfect golf disc.
I fan gripped putters and drivers for literally decades. I switched to all power grips a few years ago; the power grip doesn't aggravate the arthritis in my thumb as much as the fan grip was. My perception was that I gained quite a bit of control with the power grip, but it's not a fair comparison. I had lost quite a bit of control as I struggled with getting a comfortable fan grip, so the control I gained with the power grip might just have gotten me back to where I was with the fan grip.

Niced: (1)
Old 06-01-2020, 09:43 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 20.3
Courses Played: 101
Niced 845 Times in 407 Posts

A few summers ago I watched a video with Drew who showed how he used a 3 finger power grip. I've been using that on my putters and mids, and it works great for me with the Comet.

I took the Comet out for it's first round yesterday morning...very pleased to say the least.
Old 06-02-2020, 06:33 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.4
Courses Played: 81
Niced 357 Times in 165 Posts

Any more feedback on the 20s?
Old 06-02-2020, 09:18 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10
Courses Played: 46
Niced 5,175 Times in 2,163 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusch_bag View Post
Taking mine to doubles tomorrow, will report back. Love the plastic on these.

Old 06-03-2020, 01:43 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 12
Niced 571 Times in 396 Posts

Quote:
Very pretty looking both in the hand and in flight. Handles power well especially for a Comet. Keep questioning myself on why I bag a 19 instead of a 20 sometimes.

Old 06-03-2020, 08:57 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 17.6
Courses Played: 87
Niced 162 Times in 106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GripEnemy View Post
Sorry about your buddy, half of me says throw that thing with pride and always think of him. Other half of course says hang that up and preserve it. No right answer

I added one of the '19 Sparkle Zs to my bag yesterday with much success. Domey, stiff, quite stable, paired well with a fairly flat stock ESP and domey understable X. I tried to throw it as much as possible for any shot that didn't require a driver or a putt. Very workable and had surprisingly better glide than I remembered (tested my two when I first got them, Been in the closet since) which was nice. Even held up to open field windy shots well. First time ever Playing the Preserve at AGA Farms (Perkasie, PA) and it was a blast aside from the open 1100' par 5. Boring hole with a giant fairway and zero trees.

Don't recall hearing much about these, anybody else bagging one? I was throwing the pink:

I'm bagging a blue one of these. I found it is now filling my stable slot (used to be a new buzzz or beat wasp). The weird part is I have a super beat buzz that I used for power turnovers, but other that that, the sparkle does everything the buzz normally would do. For me, RHBH 177g, it is not a traditional comet. Doesn't hold the same comet lines that my regular Z does, but it is way more forgiving. I pull this comet out to RUN ace, and regular comets to try for birds.

Old 06-03-2020, 10:40 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 124 Times in 77 Posts

Quote:
messed with mine yesterday, definitely more stable than stock z, see a bigger difference in LSS. on full throws there is less wiggle than a normal comet. This is a run I may invest in three or four of just to have that top end comet covered for a while.

Old 06-03-2020, 10:49 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 193 Times in 104 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdw80550 View Post
I'm bagging a blue one of these. I found it is now filling my stable slot (used to be a new buzzz or beat wasp). The weird part is I have a super beat buzz that I used for power turnovers, but other that that, the sparkle does everything the buzz normally would do. For me, RHBH 177g, it is not a traditional comet. Doesn't hold the same comet lines that my regular Z does, but it is way more forgiving. I pull this comet out to RUN ace, and regular comets to try for birds.
Where doI find these?!?!