Old 06-02-2020, 01:23 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 36.9
Courses Played: 2
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 169 Times in 104 Posts

In ball golf a legitimate ace can only occur during a completed round played strictly by the rules. Since you only played a few holes, and off a temporary tee it wouldn't count officially. Ball golf runs a clearing house where you can register your ace. Ace records are only taken from this registry.

That said i was playing two separate balls in ball golf one day (disqualifies it from being official) and hit one into the hole for an ace. While it wasn't official I still count it as one of my five. I had also snuck onto that private course that day while it was closed, so couldn't very well get it certified (pro needs to sign).

So basically i would count your ace when relating to others, but don't count if you are going for some kind of ace record or such (you obviously aren't).
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2020, 01:34 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 41.4
Courses Played: 515
Niced 388 Times in 159 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Straw ICT View Post
(But I think Kegel’s was a Legit Ace cuz it’s legit like an adjacent TD approved tee that a TD might designate for messed-up tees)
That's up to ASS to decide! And you don't mess around with those thugs. I'm sure they would counter with, "And what is that TD's full name and contact information?", as they start to reach for their rubber hoses, brass knuckles, and truncheons.

P.S.- My guess is that 0.005% percent of all disc golfers agree with you (but 99.99% don't care one way or the other. I don't have any hard stats, but I put everyone who has posted in this thread among the 0.01% who have an opinion. And on that note I wouldn't be surprised if 0.005% of all disgolfers disagree that the shot in question was a real ace!)

Old 06-02-2020, 02:07 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.5
Courses Played: 525
Niced 1,555 Times in 741 Posts
Unhappy

Teeing off next to an icy or snow covered tee is actually encouraged up here. It's pretty dangerous on an icy tee. I'd count it for sure. You get the ace AND you don't eat s***. Win win.

Niced: (1)
Old 06-02-2020, 02:11 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 26.4
Courses Played: 54
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 162 Times in 53 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olorin View Post
Kegel,

You can count this as an ace, but if you do are you willing to live with the consequences? You have just publicly confessed to a transgression of not throwing from the standard tee, so at any moment of the day or night the Ace Standards Squad (ASS) now has every right to come without warning, break down your door, wag their finger in your face, and yell at you! Do you really want this happening in the middle of some cold frozen night? Do you realize that they actively monitor every post on all disc golf message boards? If you have a family think how this will traumatize your wife and kids? How will your wife even show her face at the grocery store? You will need to resign your church membership and maybe even move. What if your boss finds out? Forget any government job that needs a security clearance. If you have kids in school think of how they will be They will be mercilessly taunted! Can you live with them being forever marked and scarred from this?

So before you add this to your Ace list I urge you to do some soul searching and seriously ask if you can live with these consequences.

Haha...I can handle the ASS squad coming after me!
Old 06-02-2020, 02:12 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhaley View Post
Teeing off next to an icy or snow covered tee is actually encouraged up here. It's pretty dangerous on an icy tee. I'd count it for sure. You get the ace AND you don't eat s***. Win win.
I remember that day at Dretzka like it was yesterday. You could tell just by looking at it, that teepad proper was slip and fall city - there was no way in hell I was shooting off of it!
Old 06-02-2020, 02:17 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.5
Courses Played: 525
Niced 1,555 Times in 741 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegelexercise View Post
I remember that day at Dretzka like it was yesterday. You could tell just by looking at it, that teepad proper was slip and fall city - there was no way in hell I was shooting off of it!
Dretzka winter? Those are rubber pads too, right? Rubber pads suck in the summer much less April.

Old 06-02-2020, 02:29 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhaley View Post
Dretzka winter? Those are rubber pads too, right? Rubber pads suck in the summer much less April.
It was actually the summer course hole N4, one of the very last days the regular baskets were in last season. We had a ton of early season snowfall, freeze-thaw, and that teepad is one I've seen covered in water enough times to know it was very likely pure ice underneath the snow cover.

Old 06-02-2020, 06:48 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 41.4
Courses Played: 515
Niced 388 Times in 159 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballgolfconvert View Post
In ball golf a legitimate ace can only occur during a completed round played strictly by the rules... Ball golf runs a clearing house where you can register your ace. Ace records are only taken from this registry.
So Kegel, don't try to register your ace with the ball golf clearing house, because you didn't meet many of their standards. You probably didn't even use golf clubs, reserve a tee time, or pay a greens fee...

Niced: (2)
Old 06-04-2020, 01:45 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 12
Niced 571 Times in 396 Posts

So I have an ace dilemma. One local course has removed the tray from their baskets and I hit what sounded like a solid shot to the chains but without the tray it's hard to know if it would've satyed in, but it's likely based on where the disc ended up (less than 8' from the pin and on the right side for a RHBH throw with a Wasp at 280'). Does it count?

Old 06-04-2020, 01:59 AM

Niced 14 Times in 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVSMGS18 View Post
So I have an ace dilemma. One local course has removed the tray from their baskets and I hit what sounded like a solid shot to the chains but without the tray it's hard to know if it would've satyed in, but it's likely based on where the disc ended up (less than 8' from the pin and on the right side for a RHBH throw with a Wasp at 280'). Does it count?
While ASS will definitely want to decide, sounds perfectly like an Asterisk Ace, first invented several posts above by a non-ASS member