Old 06-08-2020, 09:30 AM
Bogey Member

Niced 52 Times in 30 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by discerdoo View Post
These are out of stock at my normal locations. Guess I'll wait until I can feel one up in a shop or just avoid more McBeth-mania like usual.
FWIW our local store just got another batch in. Still not as good as seeing/feeling them in person but they at least list the dome profile of each one. I bought the last 158g "pop top" this morning.

https://www.discbaron.com/searchresu...=hades&Submit=
Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2020, 02:08 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.5
Courses Played: 525
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,543 Times in 736 Posts

Finally got some throws with mine yesterday. This thing can bomb for me. I don't throw far by any means, 300' on a good rip usually. I was getting this out to probably 320' or 330' pretty easily.

The downside is I don't know where it's going to end up yet. It's touchy for sure but it's making my bag based on its distance potential. It's a small sample size but if I can dial it in I'm going to definitely pick up a few more. Nice disc.

Niced: (1)
Old 06-08-2020, 02:21 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 9.4
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 185 Times in 97 Posts

My thoughts for the Hades is pretty much the same. It seems to be sensitive to release angles. Too much Anny and it just turns and turns, too much hyzer and it will fade harder than expected and not glide too much.

For a supposed -3 hss disc it handles headwinds pretty well.
Old 06-08-2020, 02:27 PM
Double Eagle Member

Yep. When I got into it it bombed but a touch too much hyzer it was like a Wraith for me. Which is fine, I throw Wraiths. A little flex and it may sail right forever. It may fade out. Like a Shryke for me. Like I said though, the potential is there for easy distance. I'm going to keep working with it and hope I figure it out.
Old 06-09-2020, 11:07 AM

Niced 33 Times in 19 Posts

I have done a lot of field work with the Hades in the last week. Throwing it side by side with a lot of comparable big, understable drivers.

I find it most similar to the Infinite Discs Pharaoh in I-blend plastic.

It is kind of in between my Daedalus and Shryke. It gets the initial turn of the Daedalus, but where the Daedalus has a tendency to keep turning and never come back, the Hades comes back and finishes a little right of center (RHBH). The Hades has similar fade as the Shryke but definitely more turn. (Not sure if my Shryke is more stable than the norm, but even on 400 ft flat throws, it is left of center)

Currently the Hades and Pharaoh have been my most frequent 425-450 ft drives. The Pharaoh has been slightly longer, but the Hades has less turn and burn potential.

Niced: (1)
Old 06-13-2020, 08:20 AM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wanted to love this disc. It is a glideless turd. Currently throw Shrykes and Echo DD3s for distance. Im not sure if my Hades is a fluke but it is a flat 173 and flies 2/3 the distance of my other drivers with an over stable flight. So weird.
Old 06-13-2020, 01:32 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 947 Times in 731 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmoody View Post
Wanted to love this disc. It is a glideless turd. Currently throw Shrykes and Echo DD3s for distance. Im not sure if my Hades is a fluke but it is a flat 173 and flies 2/3 the distance of my other drivers with an over stable flight. So weird.
I felt the same way about the Kong/Zeus.... and I've thrown 6 of them. I simply can't get the damn things to glide. They fly 2/3 the distance of star Destroyers.

If/when I get a Hades I'll do a detailed write up of it. Bummer to hear the thing doesn't glide well.
Old 06-13-2020, 02:09 PM
Double Eagle Member

I don't throw very far but I throw these farther than anything else. When they go they really go imo. I'm still trying to master it but I'm loving mine so far.
Old 06-13-2020, 05:40 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 19
Niced 70 Times in 51 Posts

I can get some good rips on the Hades with some really good distance with it. I would only throw it on a wife open Shot with little to no wind. I like the disc but I don’t think it’s going to stay in the bag.

Old 06-13-2020, 09:00 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 12
Niced 571 Times in 396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmoody View Post
Most likely a fluke, but how far are you throwing your Shrykes/DD3s? If you get the Hades too nose up it will do that for sure though.