Old 06-09-2020, 10:34 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.1
Courses Played: 5
Niced 1,306 Times in 871 Posts

Wow ok so....

I'm yapping about good karma, listed a bunch of my stuff in the FSOT VIP thread since Grips been a good dude.. I'm sitting in my Hottub and my buddy (?) Shows up, my dogs going ape ****, he doesn't like this dude and I'm thinking it's this chick who's here to visit my woman. Anyhow naked and scared barely hidden by bubbles a big dude says I want your discs, and waves $100 in my face...

So I hook him up, haha, he finished my concrete in my shop until 1 am, maybe 1:30, months ago, he left with 6 gyros and two bottles of hotsauce and a glow Margarita doubles mini, and a Sharpie, I did not get molested in any way.

Dumped my orbitals, plasma proxy, theory and 152 crave and 174 relay, 179 Vertex, I hope it works out for him. Crazy. That's a Pender Is. day.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)

Last edited by ThrowaEnvy; 06-09-2020 at 10:37 PM.
Old 06-09-2020, 10:40 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.1
Courses Played: 5
Niced 1,306 Times in 871 Posts

Oh and he gave me two beer. Good thing, I was out.
Old 06-11-2020, 12:23 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 21.7
Courses Played: 97
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 47 Times in 40 Posts

So funny - all the Tesla talk. I yanked the Tesla out of the bag this week... Funny that It's the disc that convinced me to switch to MVP!

Reactor is earning it's spot. Really digging it. Getting 350' distance out of it - roughly same as my Matrix - albeit slow and straight vs. fast and all over the place laterally. Between the two, I can eat park holes alive.

Niced: (1)
Old 06-12-2020, 06:48 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.6
Courses Played: 122
Niced 585 Times in 357 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy View Post
Haha, I was wondering where you where.. So I stopped into your page this morning while toilet surfing and last post was 2019 haha. I have awakened Mike C!
Something sure woke me up. Played more disc golf in the past week than I have in a long time.

This was my setup for two rounds at a shorter 18 hole course

Old 06-13-2020, 10:02 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.6
Courses Played: 122
Niced 585 Times in 357 Posts
Thumbs up

Only got a couple of throws with the Ohm and Reactor today. Gotta throw them more before I can be sure about them.

Ohm - It felt like it wanted to fade sooner than my Proxy. I compared it to a fresh Soft Neutron. Rim feels good in my hand and the plastic is softer than typical neutron, which I like. Initial impressions are it probably won't make the bag. I dropped the Envy because I didn't feel the need for a mold between the Proxy and Entropy, especially with a mid (vector) that's in between their stabilities. Based off the first few throws it seems like a broken in Envy. I appreciate how close the rim shape is to the Entropy. They'd make a good combo.

Reactor - This one I really liked. I expected a little high speed wiggle vs my seasoned eclipse Vector, like I saw in the Matrix. Didn't see any. I was throwing it FH and BH in the 200-300' range. Maybe if I push it to 350-400' it'll turn, but I'll have to find out next time I do field work. The rim is very comfortable. It's like a Matrix but with a wider lower lip. The neutron plastic is soft and gummy like my old neutron Wrath and SE Fireball, really nice grip. I was probably bummed more than anyone when the Vector gotthe axe, been throwing them since they came out. But this might actually replace mine. I'll have to throw it around on some long hyzers in a headwind to be certain. I always liked the Vector & Roc flight but not the rim shape, and most "modern profile" discs in this stabilityslot seem to be more OS / less glide, or lack the HSS. This may be the modern winged mid for me.

The Electron Proxy was listed as soft but feels like regular. Maybe it just needs broken in. It's cosmic with a slight dome. It putts well aside from being firmer than I'm used to putting.

I think tomorrow I'll play a full round with these three.

Old 06-13-2020, 11:06 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 20.4
Niced 1,397 Times in 613 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
The Electron Proxy was listed as soft but feels like regular.
Agreed. I have a soft and a medium and they are very close in stiffness.
Old 06-15-2020, 08:22 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 153 Times in 80 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmoset View Post
Agreed. I have a soft and a medium and they are very close in stiffness.
Same

Old 06-15-2020, 09:18 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.8
Courses Played: 19
Niced 1,531 Times in 883 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post

The Electron Proxy was listed as soft but feels like regular. Maybe it just needs broken in. It's cosmic with a slight dome. It putts well aside from being firmer than I'm used ...
All of the Cosmics seem a bit stiffer; Even Mint's swirled Sublime is stiffer than the regular Sublime.

Cosmic Firm is the only Electron I will buy now. Regular Firm feels like flexible medium now... I want my putters close to feeling like a slab of granite.

Last edited by wolfmandragon; 06-15-2020 at 09:22 AM.
Old 06-15-2020, 02:55 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 162 Times in 92 Posts

Electron has been all over the place in terms of feel and durability. Electron Cosmic Firm is really nice. Have you ever felt the original Fossil plastic from RDG? That is some pretty hard baseline plastic with a nice finish to it.

Old 06-15-2020, 03:06 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.8
Courses Played: 19
Niced 1,531 Times in 883 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by funguy View Post
Electron has been all over the place in terms of feel and durability. Electron Cosmic Firm is really nice. Have you ever felt the original Fossil plastic from RDG? That is some pretty hard baseline plastic with a nice finish to it.
Yeah, while it feels good, Fossil is too fragile. Electron Firm is much tougher. Electron Firm and Gateway Eraser are my two favorite baseline plastics.

MVP used to have the best consistency of any mfg.; now maybe Innova is the only one that is worse. Sad as MVP has the best putter molds ever made.

Last edited by wolfmandragon; 06-15-2020 at 03:09 PM.