Old 06-14-2020, 11:39 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.5
Courses Played: 525
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,547 Times in 737 Posts

Mine is flat too. I also throw around 300'. It seems to vary in stability from pretty overstable to very understable. Depending on the angle I release it at. Kind of touchy with my limited number of throws, but when I throw it good it bombs for me. That's why I was wondering about the Thrasher. Similar numbers but a bit slower. I throw Wraiths but they're pretty stable for me. The Hades is a good compliment to my Wraiths. I'll just order a couple to test out.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-2020, 11:51 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 33 Times in 23 Posts

I have a moderately domey one and it flies a bit more stable than the domey Big Z Thrasher I used to have. If you have the inkling of a headwind it'll flip on a heartbeat, but for tailwind or clam conditions I'm getting close to my max distance with less effort. You can get some nasty hyzer-flip forehands to go a long way without much behind them too, again with no headwind

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk
Old 06-15-2020, 12:04 AM
Par Member

Niced 47 Times in 35 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhaley View Post
Mine is flat too. I also throw around 300'. It seems to vary in stability from pretty overstable to very understable. Depending on the angle I release it at. Kind of touchy with my limited number of throws, but when I throw it good it bombs for me. That's why I was wondering about the Thrasher. Similar numbers but a bit slower. I throw Wraiths but they're pretty stable for me. The Hades is a good compliment to my Wraiths. I'll just order a couple to test out.
If you throw around only 300, I highly recommend a BigZ (big raptor stamp) Thrasher. They're hard to come by these days, but you if you look hard enough you can still get one. Mid-upper 160s recommended. They're so wonderfully flippy, and super fun to throw, especially in tailwinds. I have a 163 Hades that I can sometime throw similarly to my BigZ Thrasher, but it's just not the same amount of fun.

Niced: (1)
Old 06-15-2020, 12:09 AM
Double Eagle Member

I haven't seen any Big Z yet. Found a few Z, Ti and esp.
Old 06-15-2020, 02:12 PM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVSMGS18 View Post
Most likely a fluke, but how far are you throwing your Shrykes/DD3s? If you get the Hades too nose up it will do that for sure though.
It almost has to be just a fluke disc. Throwing champ shrykes and echo DD3s in the 350-400 range. I do occasionally have trouble with nose up, but my particular Hades flies like a turd whether nose down or nose up. I have to release on anhyzer angle to get any turn, and even then it is a challenge to break 300 ft with it. I have a second one I wasn’t going to throw so I could sell it as new, but now I’m tempted to just throw it since it has a little bit of a dome unlike the first one.
Old 06-15-2020, 04:58 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 12
Niced 571 Times in 396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmoody View Post
It almost has to be just a fluke disc. Throwing champ shrykes and echo DD3s in the 350-400 range. I do occasionally have trouble with nose up, but my particular Hades flies like a turd whether nose down or nose up. I have to release on anhyzer angle to get any turn, and even then it is a challenge to break 300 ft with it. I have a second one I wasn’t going to throw so I could sell it as new, but now I’m tempted to just throw it since it has a little bit of a dome unlike the first one.
Yeah I prefer my US max D stuff to have some dome regardless of what mold. Domey Shrykes bomb, and I've got a 162 Hades that has a big dome to it, but my 174s are both flat. I'll have to see if I can throw one of my buddies' 170 which have absolute pop tops.
Old 06-15-2020, 05:44 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 952 Times in 734 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVSMGS18 View Post
Yeah I prefer my US max D stuff to have some dome regardless of what mold. Domey Shrykes bomb, and I've got a 162 Hades that has a big dome to it, but my 174s are both flat. I'll have to see if I can throw one of my buddies' 170 which have absolute pop tops.
Same. I don't like to try to mash flat drivers for big distance. They tend to be stubborn and lack glide.

I've had a couple flat Shrykes that weren't very good fliers.
Old 06-15-2020, 07:53 PM
Double Eagle Member

Well, I ordered a couple Thrashers to compare to the Hades. We'll see how it goes. Added a Crank SS and Wave too just because.
Old 06-15-2020, 07:56 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 33 Times in 23 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhaley View Post
Well, I ordered a couple Thrashers to compare to the Hades. We'll see how it goes. Added a Crank SS and Wave too just because.
Proton Wave is a very good comparison IMO

Old 06-15-2020, 07:58 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotHarambe View Post
Proton Wave is a very good comparison IMO

I don't know my MVP plastics at all. Not even sure what kind I ordered lol.