Old 06-17-2020, 12:12 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.1
Courses Played: 5
Niced 1,326 Times in 879 Posts

Well I'm back...

Fission Tesla is good, pretty much messing around in Crave country, better distance, similar flight, less headwind resistance but more stability to a point but it doesn't pan the same way on anhyzers the Crave is less touchy.

Heavy SE Ohm is pretty solid, the extra 7g smooths it out even more, or there's more gyro in the rim.. Either way it's straighter out of the box then my yellow. Throws real nice, less action side to side. Threaded short - med tunnels better and less overthrows. Stills surprised me a couple times though it was 15' longer than I was looking. Putts decent too, it's easy for me to weight more like my plasma 167 Envy. We'll see which Ohm ends up in the bag.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 06-17-2020, 09:47 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.8
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,531 Times in 883 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy View Post
Hey I just got an SE red Ohm and a PFN fission tesla 155.. Light light purple/white

Just loving the feel of the SE neutron, feels grippier, puddle top again, 174g. Putts real nice, like 167 plasma envy nice haha. Had to run out to work, just waiting for bbq chicken.. Then go try these out.

Any significance to the PFN fission Tesla? It's got a medium dome.. I know I scored some early run Photons and those were money! I heard other runs were lacking, just wondering if the Tesla experience was similar.
My experience is a N=1. My PFN Fission Tesla has a little less glide than either my Neutron or my Plasma, but it also cuts though the air cleaner... it seems to have less drag. I get more distance than either of the others and is a great disc for max distance from a standstill.

I no longer bag the Fission Tesla as it has too much overlap with my speed 11s and 12s. I was using it for max distance and it was falling 20 feet short of either the Heat or Freetail and even more short of the Kahu.

I still feel that it is a great disc though.

Old 06-28-2020, 03:58 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.1
Courses Played: 5
Niced 1,326 Times in 879 Posts

Well Sunday Social distance doubles up at my place. Everyone behaved admirably at keeping distance. It was a good time.

Shot -15 for a first place, -14 was the next behind I wasn't sure because I usually give up a penalty stroke when people play here but I will take the 0 penalty! And the win.

Almost banged a couple aces with the Ohm, just low with the Tesla on another.. Decided to play light yard bag, 2 x Ohm's (167 yellow used, fresh 174 SE) and a 155 fission tesla. I also took my Relay but didn't need it..

Putted with the 174, primarily approached with the 167 Ohm.. It was a real comfortable and somewhat exciting round, got one CTP with the Ohm. Hit a laser short 35' FH putt and dented my tonal with it too which is good because that's a desperation shot for me.

The few times I needed a drive got some boomers with the Tesla, the 155 fission is a sweet complement to the 162. Real workable Crave kinda flight but Max noodle distance or fairway capable. Nice to get some time on it, definitely feeling like it's right in my speed/ power level I'm getting real easy "big" (300+) distance. Makes an excellent replacement for my 165 Switch or my 143 fission photon.

Last edited by ThrowaEnvy; 06-28-2020 at 04:01 PM.
Old 06-29-2020, 08:59 PM

Courses Played: 4
Niced 27 Times in 6 Posts

What is the deal with the MVP Signal? Is it discontinued or just severely lacking in production? No place has it in stock, but it is still listed on the MVP website as a current disc.
Old 07-05-2020, 11:47 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 7
Niced 1,275 Times in 636 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discbee View Post
What is the deal with the MVP Signal? Is it discontinued or just severely lacking in production? No place has it in stock, but it is still listed on the MVP website as a current disc.
A lot of MVP stock is low right now. Covid hit Michigan pretty hard, and I know their production took a hit. I think they might have been shut down completely for awhile.
Old 07-07-2020, 01:06 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 35.3
Courses Played: 30
Niced 153 Times in 102 Posts

Removed a couple of discs from the bag after yesterday's round.

The Reactor is replacing one of the two Ibex I used to carry. The remaining Ibex is a soft, for sticking landings when needed.

The Ion is out. The Atom, Ohm, and Spin are left. The Spin may leave soon, as the Ohm may cover what I use it for, too.

Old 07-07-2020, 11:14 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 20.4
Niced 1,401 Times in 615 Posts

I've noticed that several DGCR people don't use Facebook.
I just wanted to let those people know about the DFX LTD monthly subscription that starts in a few days. The first month's disc is only a few days away from being shipped.
HERE is information and FAQs about the subscription. And HERE is a more limited description of the subscription.
The short version is:
- primarily focused on brands molded by MVP. We don't have any plans outside of MVP but are leaving the door open. Especially if MVP doesn't restock soon... they are SERIOUSLY low on blanks
- expect a three-foil, high quality disc on the 15th of the month. $24.99 covers the disc and shipping.
- multiple artists are used. Some you will instantly recognize from MVP stamps, some usually stamp for other companies, others are new to stamping discs. I have seen the first 4 designs and I think they are all solid.
- last day to sign up for July's box is 12 July. 250 discs will be ordered and- if there are any extras- they will be sold to subscribers who want additional discs.
- if you have any additional questions that aren't covered in the FAQ I linked above, e-mail:
info@dfxdiscs.com

Old 07-07-2020, 06:16 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.8
Courses Played: 19
Niced 1,531 Times in 883 Posts

@Marmoset, How many will feature your designs?

Old 07-07-2020, 06:19 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 20.4
Niced 1,401 Times in 615 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmandragon View Post
@Marmoset, How many will feature your designs?
The first one is mine. Spoiler alert.
I don't know how many I will do... the first 4 are already done. I am working a concept for one that might be October. So I'm assuming at least 2. I'd say no more than 4 / year.

We have a TRULY stacked roster of artists you already love and a few new ones that you can begin loving

Thanks for asking!

Old 07-07-2020, 09:44 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.6
Courses Played: 122
Niced 586 Times in 358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFL View Post
Removed a couple of discs from the bag after yesterday's round.

The Reactor is replacing one of the two Ibex I used to carry. The remaining Ibex is a soft, for sticking landings when needed.

The Ion is out. The Atom, Ohm, and Spin are left. The Spin may leave soon, as the Ohm may cover what I use it for, too.
I'm loving the Reactor. Haven't thrown a Vector since the first day I threw the Reactor and compared them side by side. Never thought they'd leave the bag!

The Reactor has more glide and a better feel in the hand, while still resisting turn when I mash on it in the field.

MVP did a real good job with this and the Ohm. I think when/if the Ohm comes out in Soft Electron I'm going to try going with Ohm and Entropy as my only putter molds.

Niced: (2)