Old 07-07-2020, 09:45 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.1
Courses Played: 5
Niced 1,319 Times in 876 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFL View Post
Removed a couple of discs from the bag after yesterday's round.

The Reactor is replacing one of the two Ibex I used to carry. The remaining Ibex is a soft, for sticking landings when needed.

The Ion is out. The Atom, Ohm, and Spin are left. The Spin may leave soon, as the Ohm may cover what I use it for, too.
The Ohm's stolen a lot of shots in my bag, the Spin is in danger but I still need it for 5% shots that gotta turn from flat, but I don't need to hyzer flip it anymore to get a straight tunnel the Ohm covers that fairly well.

As far as MVP disc subscription from DFX(?) Man I'd be in but i'd have to get two subscriptions to save on shipping haha. Too much money! Damn I love the sound of it though.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (3)
Old 07-08-2020, 02:19 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 162 Times in 92 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
MVP did a real good job with this and the Ohm. I think when/if the Ohm comes out in Soft Electron I'm going to try going with Ohm and Entropy as my only putter molds.
You are going to love the Electron Entropy. It really has changed the putter bag since they beat in to be so straight with some fade. Fresh they have nearly as much fade as a fresh Neutron. The only issue is that the run that came out had various firmnesses depending on color. They might have been fiddling with the Electron mix that eventually showed up with the Electron Proxy. I think the Entropy/Ohm combo will be the one to go with but only once Electron Ohms come out. Right now I still carry a Plasma Proxy and a newer Soft Electron Proxy. The 3 Ohms I have are cycling threw the bag to beat them in. It will be a hard decision between the Proxy and the Ohm.
Old 07-09-2020, 12:11 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 21.7
Courses Played: 97
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 47 Times in 40 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by funguy View Post
You are going to love the Electron Entropy. It really has changed the putter bag since they beat in to be so straight with some fade. Fresh they have nearly as much fade as a fresh Neutron. The only issue is that the run that came out had various firmnesses depending on color. They might have been fiddling with the Electron mix that eventually showed up with the Electron Proxy. I think the Entropy/Ohm combo will be the one to go with but only once Electron Ohms come out. Right now I still carry a Plasma Proxy and a newer Soft Electron Proxy. The 3 Ohms I have are cycling threw the bag to beat them in. It will be a hard decision between the Proxy and the Ohm.
I'm patiently waiting stock Electron. I think it'll probably take over my circle duties. I already prefer the Neutron to other discs. Since the Entropy released, the Envy has slowly slipped from primary putter to just my driving putter. If the Electron Entropy gets real straight... that could change that.
Old 07-09-2020, 12:14 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 21.7
Courses Played: 97
Niced 47 Times in 40 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmoset View Post
I've noticed that several DGCR people don't use Facebook.
I just wanted to let those people know about the DFX LTD monthly subscription that starts in a few days. The first month's disc is only a few days away from being shipped.
HERE is information and FAQs about the subscription. And HERE is a more limited description of the subscription.
The short version is:
- primarily focused on brands molded by MVP. We don't have any plans outside of MVP but are leaving the door open. Especially if MVP doesn't restock soon... they are SERIOUSLY low on blanks
- expect a three-foil, high quality disc on the 15th of the month. $24.99 covers the disc and shipping.
- multiple artists are used. Some you will instantly recognize from MVP stamps, some usually stamp for other companies, others are new to stamping discs. I have seen the first 4 designs and I think they are all solid.
- last day to sign up for July's box is 12 July. 250 discs will be ordered and- if there are any extras- they will be sold to subscribers who want additional discs.
- if you have any additional questions that aren't covered in the FAQ I linked above, e-mail:
info@dfxdiscs.com
Don's a good guy... course I like any Kansan who doesn't throw trilogy.

Niced: (1)
Old 07-09-2020, 08:50 AM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobpaul81 View Post
I'm patiently waiting stock Electron. I think it'll probably take over my circle duties. I already prefer the Neutron to other discs. Since the Entropy released, the Envy has slowly slipped from primary putter to just my driving putter. If the Electron Entropy gets real straight... that could change that.
Oh they do get really straight. So far I have found a spectrum of Electron Entropy consistencies even though it was just billed as "Electron". Some are closer to Soft Electron, let's call it Medium Soft, and other are closer to Firm Electron, let's call that Medium Firm. The Medium Softs turn super straight pretty fast -- after some field work and a few rounds. The Medium Firm ones hold their stability longer but I find that the plastic takes a bit more of a beating -- a bit more brittle and firm and chunks tend to appear a bit more. That might be because I use the Medium Firm for more hyzer shots that put more stress when they hit the ground. Either way, it is a $$ disc. Not sure it will take over my putting duties though. I will still have to explore that.

Niced: (2)
Old 07-19-2020, 08:37 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.1
Courses Played: 5
Niced 1,319 Times in 876 Posts

So there was some chatter in the Drift thread... I haven't tried one of those single molded discs

What's the word on em? Relay OS? Haha
Old 07-19-2020, 09:02 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy View Post
So there was some chatter in the Drift thread... I haven't tried one of those single molded discs

What's the word on em? Relay OS? Haha
The Drift is a nice disc. I still prefer the Relay for more precision shoot shaping. The Drift has tons of glide--may more noticeable than the Relay. In the hand it is domier, if that is a feel that you like. The Relay tends to be much flatter in the hand. I like to hyzer flip and while the Drift is good, I prefer the quicker flip that I get from the Relay, especially for shot shaping in the woods- both BH and FH. While the Relay can be sneaky long, the Drift can go even further, but it needs room to reach that potential. I wouldn't really classify it as an OS Relay -- I am still looking for that disc and using the Servo (especially FAF ones) as the stand-in until/if we ever get a 16mm OS disc (yes I know the Resistor is close but I want something with little to no HSS and little to no LSS).

Niced: (2)
Old 07-19-2020, 09:07 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 632
Niced 2,687 Times in 1,512 Posts

finally found the best use for my n inertia this weekend

as a plate for my veggie burgers while camping
Old 07-19-2020, 09:08 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 632
Niced 2,687 Times in 1,512 Posts

all jokes aside i seriously did use it and it worked well it was just the cleanest disc i had one hand as it was the newest to the bag and i already hit number plate off the tee with it

Niced: (1)

Old 07-19-2020, 09:11 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 17
Niced 1,473 Times in 760 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
finally found the best use for my n inertia this weekend

as a plate for my veggie burgers while camping
Dude, first off - veggie burgers? 🤮

Secondly, send me that Inertia if you're just going to disrespect it. That's the only gyro driver that's stuck in my bag.