Old 06-01-2016, 08:52 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10
Courses Played: 29
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 208 Times in 131 Posts

Got one more round in today. I had some absolutely beautiful shots on the second round with the Defy. Set myself up for looks at easy birds, that I then botched with my approach.

Still, getting more comfortable with it, and really love it in a headwind.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2016, 01:25 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 20
Niced 609 Times in 445 Posts

So I got out to test the DEFY in a field. I threw it with a Katana, King, D3, Trespass, and Outlaw.
I had a 174g Neutron defy

i rate the Defy as 12/5/-0.5/2 (but with a late late hard hyzer fade) . It had more High speed stability than I was expecting, but that was a good thing. The D3 was similar in flight, but the Defy would hold a line like a bullet then have that late fade.
Overall its a nice disc, doesnt feel the BEST in the hand as the rim is fairly sharp but the Neutron plastic is great, the disc is Flat as a board.
It was more stable at high speed than the Trespass, King and Katana but this was only with a very strong throw. I was hitting about the same distance with exceptions on the katana and king that are a wider rim and had much more lateral movement.

Defy can be lasered straight then have a confident hyzer end. It can be anhyzered and will hold about 50% of the flight then break and come back. It is stable. Its not a beefcake but its not flippy. Weights in 165-170 would allow more turn most likely and weights sub 165 would probably soar. I prefer heavier for the control.
Old 06-03-2016, 10:56 AM
* Ace Member *

After playing a competitive round with the DEFY i still agree with my previous review. its a sweet disc. its Fast. still wasn't the most MAX D of a driver, but it felt very accurate. It will be very straight and workable at angle the first 50%-75% of flight then has a solid hyzer finish. It was nice being able to give it a full power throw and see it zip straight with a small track off to the right, then fade in , then hit and stick, Had some good drives with it. All around a good power driver that isn't crazy OS at all, just a good stability for power or forehands. I dig it
Old 06-03-2016, 11:02 AM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 12.4
Courses Played: 134
Niced 1,128 Times in 758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasOrion View Post
So...
...It was more stable at high speed than the Trespass, King and Katana but this was only with a very strong throw. I was hitting about the same distance with exceptions on the katana and king that are a wider rim and had much more lateral movement.
#GyroIsREAL!

Your review sounds a lot like my experience. Im pretty invested in the photon but defy is a good flying slightly OS distance driver if people skipped out on the MVP version.
Old 06-03-2016, 11:31 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 10.4
Niced 4 Times in 4 Posts

I have a Photon and love it! I just ordered a Defy to give it a shot too. Blue core with Red over mold. Buffalo Bills colors woot woot!
Old 06-15-2016, 10:21 AM
* Ace Member *

Just picked up another Defy at random. was at the mall and had to swing in to Air Traffic. Found a sweet Light blue rim, dark blue center 1616 stamp 173g defy. Its not my favorite disc ever, but its like a Tesla but way faster. Its neat. so i had to grab one. Feels like a nice stable disc.
Old 06-20-2016, 04:30 PM
* Ace Member *

I got out to use the DEFY again and got to figure this thing out a bit more.
It's very unique in that the first 75% of flight is really where you are aiming the disc. My favorite shot was on Hole 12 of Bryant Lake Regional Park.
I threw a full shot ~ 90-95% power with a slight anhyzer release. The shot rode the anny line around the trees perfectly, stabled out straight at the basket and skipped on the chips right by the basket. Ended up 15 ft behind. I sank the 2. It was one my best shot on the hole and closest to an Ace for sure.

The DEFY will go where you want it to but has a reliable late fade. Its not Us its not super OS, just go as you throw with late OS hyzer. Nice for accuracy, maybe not max D type...fyi i have a 174g Neutron. liking Axiom a lot lately, just ordered a Clash, vanish, and Wrath
Old 07-18-2016, 12:14 PM
* Ace Member *

Update again: This disc has earned a spot. I love that i can power this up and have a nice release that will hold a laser straight line with power. thats rare to be able to power snap a disc and it holds straight without it fading out soon.
The Defy has been great. Best shots of the weekend:

Hole #8 Vision Quest Black tee long: Laser staight between trees and over OB's then skip left at end, landed just next to the blue short teepad, layup for an Eagle.
Hole #14 Vision Quest - Black tee long : Long shot open air over lake/pond on left and a raised Ant-hill basket. Lasered, avoided turn even with wind, hyzered back on the hill, 15 foot tap. My first time parking that hole from that far.
Old 07-18-2016, 12:40 PM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 12.4
Courses Played: 134
Niced 1,128 Times in 758 Posts

Ive definitely noticed the defy flying straighter for longer as its seasoning up. When new it was a lot like my photons but starting to remind me more of my 166g that was really beat up which i lost a few weeks ago.

I think ill just beat up all my defys and pair with fresh photons for OS. Easier to find the defys for sure given the goofy color combos

Old 07-18-2016, 12:47 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 83 Times in 74 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
#GyroIsREAL!

Your review sounds a lot like my experience. Im pretty invested in the photon but defy is a good flying slightly OS distance driver if people skipped out on the MVP version.
..."lateral movement"

u noticed that too, huh? yep, in a nutshell.