Old 03-30-2021, 10:08 AM

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post
Smile Cart Suggestions: Rovic v. Zuca v. Bag Boy XL

First time poster and as the title suggests, I am looking for advice on what cart to get. Most of my local courses would be considered cart friendly, I would say.

I guess I am hoping to find some pros/cons of push vs pull as well as build quality. I like the idea of a push cart but am concerned with long-term durability.

Any advice is helpful. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2021, 03:58 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 1.8
Courses Played: 4
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,467 Times in 751 Posts

This guy does INDEPTH reviews on youtube:

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forum...er.php?u=93053

doth savek

He's a little sensitive IMO. Caught some flack here and I don't think he's posting any more. But, if I were looking for a cart, I'd check out his YT channel. Maybe he'd answer a PM or email or something as well.
Old 03-30-2021, 04:52 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.9
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 874 Times in 487 Posts

I can't tell you anything about the rest, but I have a Rovic RV1D.

I like the compacted-ness of it when I close it up to put it in my truck.
It's mainly a push cart, but I can easily pull it when needed.
I like that I can put any bag (so far) on it. I've had my RidgeRoller V2 backpack on it and once had my Rogue Irons sling bag on it. Some carts only accept bags of certain sizes.
I like the accessories for it.

I like the cooler/accessory bag, but I don't like how low it is attached.

Niced: (1)
Old 03-30-2021, 05:42 PM

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Thank you for the reply. I like that the Rovic compacts small as well. I was considering the baby stroller approach, and while I think it would be fine, it would take up considerably more room for travel and storage.

As far as the Rovic, do you feel like the bag is secure when connected? Does it sway any? Any how is the build quality?

I am leaning Rovic currently I think.
Old 03-30-2021, 05:51 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 1,102 Times in 594 Posts

I like my Zuca but I drive a full size crew cab truck so fitting it in the back of the cab or the bed isn’t an issue. I imagine if I drove a car or maybe even a small SUV I wouldn’t like it so much.

The guy that runs my local tags match has the Rovic and he’s been pushing that thing around on many courses for many years so I assume he is pretty happy with it.
Old 03-30-2021, 06:22 PM

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1970 View Post
I like my Zuca but I drive a full size crew cab truck so fitting it in the back of the cab or the bed isn’t an issue. I imagine if I drove a car or maybe even a small SUV I wouldn’t like it so much.

The guy that runs my local tags match has the Rovic and he’s been pushing that thing around on many courses for many years so I assume he is pretty happy with it.
Would you say the Zuca is a solid value? I like the look of them and the construction but I hate the idea of having to buy all the accessories. A lot of them seem essential (fenders) + the prices for some of the official stuff seems a bit high. I know there are mods and things available, but I am not the best at that kind of stuff (not creative at all).

The Rovic is ticking a lot of boxes.

The other option I like is the Bag Boy Quad XL (Big Jerm's cart). While it is for ball golf, I really like the storage around the handle and drink holder, but I worry about it holding the bag in a reliable way.
Old 03-30-2021, 07:25 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 1,102 Times in 594 Posts

The Zuca (in my opinion) is probably the best bang for your buck. Its well made and solid but still relatively light weight.

You are correct about the accessories. The fenders would be my first upgrade unless you like water and mud slung all over your stuff or rubbing holes in the cup holders on your favorite bag.

With very few aftermarket accessories available your stuck with paying Zuca prices or getting crafty.
Old 03-31-2021, 10:59 AM

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

After taking some things into consideration, I think I am planning to get either a Rovic or a four wheel golf cart of some description. Does anyone have any experience with 3 vs 4 wheels?
Old 03-31-2021, 11:54 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.9
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 874 Times in 487 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by popoputz View Post
As far as the Rovic, do you feel like the bag is secure when connected? Does it sway any? Any how is the build quality?
The build quality is great. It has taken lots of bumps and bounces....no issues yet.

Secure bag? Depends. There are three points of attachment.

At the top, there are two little "arms/hooks??" that combine to hold the top of your bag. These are intended to go through the carry handle. I have tried it with the top of my straps over those arms/hooks, but the bag hangs lower and doesn't seem as secure.

At the bottom, there are two straps....they hook to the sides of the bag somewhere and that is the difference in if your bag is secure or if it sways. I've attached the strap hooks to the bottom of my bag straps and they don't seem to hold the bag tight enough. I'm okay with the little bit of swaying, but if the cart hits a bump or something and tilts a bit, the bag shifts and sometimes that's enough to make the cart fall over. I have seen players (with Rovic carts) hook the straps into their water bottle holders (if they have one on each side), I have seen the hooks attached to the front opening of the bag. My RidgeRoller V2 has a "strenghtening" strap on each of the backpack straps. This strap isn't sewn all the way down, there are gaps, and I've put the hooks in those gaps...that has worked the best for my bag.

So, yes...the bag can be secured very well, but it might take some trial and error to find the best way to secure your bag on the cart.

One other thing, the tires are foam...that means they can't leak. I live in Arizona and have had cactus spines, mesquite thorns, and a nail stuck in my tires. I just pulled them out and kept going. If whatever cart you decide on doesn't have foam tires (or if they are an add-on), I highly suggest converting to foam tires.

Old 03-31-2021, 12:39 PM

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillFleming View Post
The build quality is great. It has taken lots of bumps and bounces....no issues yet.

Secure bag? Depends. There are three points of attachment.

At the top, there are two little "arms/hooks??" that combine to hold the top of your bag. These are intended to go through the carry handle. I have tried it with the top of my straps over those arms/hooks, but the bag hangs lower and doesn't seem as secure.

At the bottom, there are two straps....they hook to the sides of the bag somewhere and that is the difference in if your bag is secure or if it sways. I've attached the strap hooks to the bottom of my bag straps and they don't seem to hold the bag tight enough. I'm okay with the little bit of swaying, but if the cart hits a bump or something and tilts a bit, the bag shifts and sometimes that's enough to make the cart fall over. I have seen players (with Rovic carts) hook the straps into their water bottle holders (if they have one on each side), I have seen the hooks attached to the front opening of the bag. My RidgeRoller V2 has a "strenghtening" strap on each of the backpack straps. This strap isn't sewn all the way down, there are gaps, and I've put the hooks in those gaps...that has worked the best for my bag.

So, yes...the bag can be secured very well, but it might take some trial and error to find the best way to secure your bag on the cart.

One other thing, the tires are foam...that means they can't leak. I live in Arizona and have had cactus spines, mesquite thorns, and a nail stuck in my tires. I just pulled them out and kept going. If whatever cart you decide on doesn't have foam tires (or if they are an add-on), I highly suggest converting to foam tires.
Wow thank you for the detailed response. I have been doing a lot of research and the securing of the bag was the thing I was most concerned about. It does seem like that is easily taken care of.

I appreciate the response and I am planning to pull the trigger soon on something - most likely the Rovic!