Old 11-10-2020, 01:07 PM
Size Queen

Niced 230 Times in 150 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4por View Post
Nope. You are making it up. You have made no case for any problem. You have failed to propose any logical solution to the non existent problem. You have made up numbers, that don't prove anything, to support an imaginary solution, that you cannot explain.

My oldman logic. The NFL is too easy, they should go to a round ball. Evidence, scoring is very low in soccer, which uses a round ball. Delusional.

Now coconut rollers.....that is an idea you should get behind.
It was about a 15% drop from Veteran to Bullseye from 25 and 33 feet. Yes I did the stats you simply ignored it. The problem has been acknowledged by most pro's like the round table discussion you probably ignored as well which was done by Steve Dodge.

What percent makes do you feel should be reasonable for the top putters in the world from 25 feet?
Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-2020, 01:12 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 37.7
Courses Played: 250
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 5,104 Times in 1,753 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmandiscer View Post
It was about a 15% drop from Veteran to Bullseye from 25 and 33 feet. Yes I did the stats you simply ignored it. The problem has been acknowledged by most pro's like the round table discussion you probably ignored as well which was done by Steve Dodge.

What percent makes do you feel should be reasonable for the top putters in the world from 25 feet?
Statistically irrelevant to any discussion. You have no problem to be acknowledged by pro players. No problem, no solution, no facts, no interest. Just trying to talk you off your delusion. Shrug.

Niced: (1)
Old 11-10-2020, 01:17 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 7
Niced 1,734 Times in 821 Posts

I'd like to see a poll of the top 100 players in the world. Leave baskets as is, or shrink them 25%. I bet 90% vote to leave the size.
Old 11-10-2020, 01:32 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakebake91 View Post
I'd like to see a poll of the top 100 players in the world. Leave baskets as is, or shrink them 25%. I bet 90% vote to leave the size.
I bet you are right, but I am not sure I care. Pro golfers don't really represent any part of the actual game. Their numbers are so minuscule that they hardly count. They provide very little back to the game.

There might have been a time, where their YouTube views represented potential for growth. But, now that most of that has been stashed behind a paywall, I don't think that is even in play.

There is simply no justification for the discussion of smaller baskets. The idea is ill conceived, unsupported in any manner, poorly thought out, logistically impossible and fraught with potential damage to the game. And those are just the deluded, rambling, nearly incoherent proposals that are discernible here.

Niced: (2)
Old 11-10-2020, 01:45 PM
Size Queen

Quote:
Statistically irrelevant to any discussion. You have no problem to be acknowledged by pro players. No problem, no solution, no facts, no interest. Just trying to talk you off your delusion. Shrug.
You didn't answer the question. What percent should top players make from 25 feet? What would be the number that makes in interesting and challenging?
Old 11-10-2020, 01:53 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
You didn't answer the question. What percent should top players make from 25 feet? What would be the number that makes in interesting and challenging?
You are looking for answers to help find your problem, lol. I don't care what a tiny handful of top players do.

They should make.......wait for it.......AS MANY AS THEY CAN!!

Number don't make disc golf interesting or challenging. If it was not interesting or challenging, we would not play.

Niced: (2)
Old 11-10-2020, 02:10 PM
Size Queen

Quote:
You are looking for answers to help find your problem, lol. I don't care what a tiny handful of top players do.

They should make.......wait for it.......AS MANY AS THEY CAN!!

Number don't make disc golf interesting or challenging. If it was not interesting or challenging, we would not play.
Then you shouldn't be in this thread because it has no bearing on you.

Did you read the title? smaller basket for the PRO's. Why are you here? You don't care!
Old 11-10-2020, 02:23 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 16.8
Courses Played: 33
Niced 1,634 Times in 738 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocthecourse View Post
Couldn't you just have one hole with two tubes inside it, think skee-ball. Beginners can land in any of the rings. Advanced players would have to land in the center ring or the second ring. Pros would have to land in the center ring.

Brilliant, end thread.

Niced: (3)
Old 11-10-2020, 03:51 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 20.6
Courses Played: 102
Niced 1,149 Times in 517 Posts

Quote:
Then you shouldn't be in this thread because it has no bearing on you.

Did you read the title? smaller basket for the PRO's. Why are you here? You don't care!
Once again you are 100% wrong. Go back and read the first post. ALL of it! Here is the most important part:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizunodave View Post

I believe having 99.9% of players using different equipment than the pros we idolize is a cure that's worse than the disease. The Disc Golf Pro Tour can afford to buy special baskets but local clubs and cities cannot afford to replace what we have.
This thread was high-jacked from the very beginning. It was turned into an argument of why or why not small baskets are a good or bad idea, when the point mizunodave was making is that it's easy to modify existing baskets for a tournament if you so choose. It was never about the right or wrong in that decision.

If you really care what this thread is about, take the information mizunodave gave you, host your own damn tournament and see what everyone thinks after playing it. Until you are willing to do that, keep all of this woulda-coulda-shoulda crap to yourself.

You are exhausting!!

Niced: (1)

Old 11-10-2020, 04:05 PM
Size Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanA View Post
Once again you are 100% wrong. Go back and read the first post. ALL of it! Here is the most important part:

This thread was high-jacked from the very beginning. It was turned into an argument of why or why not small baskets are a good or bad idea, when the point mizunodave was making is that it's easy to modify existing baskets for a tournament if you so choose. It was never about the right or wrong in that decision.

If you really care what this thread is about, take the information mizunodave gave you, host your own damn tournament and see what everyone thinks after playing it. Until you are willing to do that, keep all of this woulda-coulda-shoulda crap to yourself.

You are exhausting!!
It's an important conversation to have going forward for all Pro Tour events. I'm not in charge of the DGPT nor any other large event, nor am I on the rules committee for the PDGA so I am unable to make changes to basket size. I can simply point out the obvious facts like putting is TOO easy for the pro's. No other sport makes such a high percentage of shots consistently. No challenge is required to make a 15-20 footer. Spectators run off to the next tee.

The simple solution is to have the PDGA lower the basket requirements size and if TD's, course designers feel the newer size basket is the best for that course or tournament then they have the choice.

The problem lies up top with the PDGA and the size requirements which have been overdue for a change. You cannot host a C,B or A tier with an unapproved PDGA basket. I don't think most of you understand how things work.