Old 11-20-2020, 10:15 PM
Captain Oblivous!

Niced 71 Times in 60 Posts
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadlock86 View Post
well you don't throw 500' so maybe you should stfu

well you don't throw 400' so maybe you should stfu

notice how that is not really an argument?
I love you too my brother. Maybe I do throw 400+ already, who knows? Time will tell. Haven't been able to throw outside for distance in a few weeks because of the cold weather and snow. When I stopped I was around 380.

Go ahead, be grumpy, won't change my outlook.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2020, 03:51 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 38
Niced 815 Times in 385 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDeO View Post
Haven't been able to throw outside for distance in a few weeks because of the cold weather and snow.
This sounds like an excuse after all the talk about effort. How much snow are we talking about? Plenty of people throw in cold, snowy conditions. Ever heard of disc golf Ice Bowl events? The motto is "no wimps, no whiners." Disc golf is a year-round activity. People are throwing 400'+ even in the cold and snow.
Old 11-21-2020, 10:04 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.5
Courses Played: 230
Niced 4,399 Times in 2,668 Posts

Quote:
I always marvel at professional bicyclists and how much effort they put in and how that effort goes hand in hand with their discipline. Think about it- how many of us even come close to the same effort and discipline as a professional bicyclist in our disc golf journey? A true Tour De'France competitor? Probably less than .001 percent! No joke! Thats alright though, it is a leisure type of sport and most people just do not have nor desire the discipline or effort required to get there.
How many bicyclist put in the same amount effort or discipline of a true Tour De'France competitor? Probably less than .001 percent! No joke!

How many of those true Tour De'France competitors work with coaches and mechanics analysis to help make them more efficient? All of them.
Old 11-21-2020, 10:50 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 20.6
Courses Played: 102
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,149 Times in 517 Posts

Quote:
PP is about at the limits of what a woman can achieve throwing a disc for distance. Why? Muscular ability limits her from throwing as far as a man.
You shouldn't be comparing Pierce to pro men and using that as your argument...you should be comparing yourself to Pierce.

From your videos, I'd say you are twice as big as Paige and probably twice as strong. Yet she can crush you on a drive. Using your logic, shouldn't you already be throwing farther than her?

Doesn't that fact alone tell you that strength is not the main ingredient of the secret sauce?

Niced: (2)
Old 11-21-2020, 11:49 AM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
I always marvel at professional bicyclists and how much effort they put in and how that effort goes hand in hand with their discipline. Think about it- how many of us even come close to the same effort and discipline as a professional bicyclist in our disc golf journey? A true Tour De'France competitor? Probably less than .001 percent! No joke! Thats alright though, it is a leisure type of sport and most people just do not have nor desire the discipline or effort required to get there.
Bad analogy.
Old 11-21-2020, 11:50 AM
Captain Oblivous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanA View Post
You shouldn't be comparing Pierce to pro men and using that as your argument...you should be comparing yourself to Pierce.

From your videos, I'd say you are twice as big as Paige and probably twice as strong. Yet she can crush you on a drive. Using your logic, shouldn't you already be throwing farther than her?

Doesn't that fact alone tell you that strength is not the main ingredient of the secret sauce?
That's a bad argument. She has been playing how many years? How many years did it take to get to her max distance or ceiling? I've been playing less than half a year. Muscle fiber and technique don't magically appear overnight. Bring up this argument several years from now and maybe you would have a point.
Old 11-21-2020, 11:53 AM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
That's a bad argument. She has been developing her form how many years? How many years did it take to get to her max distance or ceiling? I've been playing less than half a year. Muscle fiber and technique don't magically appear overnight. Bring up this argument several years from now and maybe you would have a point.
Fixed it for you.

Niced: (1)
Old 11-21-2020, 11:59 AM
Captain Oblivous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder22 View Post
How many bicyclist put in the same amount effort or discipline of a true Tour De'France competitor? Probably less than .001 percent! No joke!

How many of those true Tour De'France competitors work with coaches and mechanics analysis to help make them more efficient? All of them.
You missed the point. My point I was making is that in the sport of disc golf very very few put forth any real athletic training and real effort to improve their driving ability. I don't even train to that level of a professional bicyclist and yet I train harder than pretty much everyone around where I live. It's basically a leisure sport though so it's no wonder you very rarely see disc golfers practicing for hours on end day after day at the local park. What few you do see usually end up finding forums like this. Some of us in here represent that .001%.
Old 11-21-2020, 12:04 PM
Captain Oblivous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaROCaM View Post
This sounds like an excuse after all the talk about effort. How much snow are we talking about? Plenty of people throw in cold, snowy conditions. Ever heard of disc golf Ice Bowl events? The motto is "no wimps, no whiners." Disc golf is a year-round activity. People are throwing 400'+ even in the cold and snow.
Sure, I go and throw in the slippery and frozen/wet conditions wearing multiple layers but I'm not out to throw for max distance in those conditions and I don't think anyone else is either. Not only can you not get adequate bracing, the extra layers of clothing and cold dense air limits distance. When it has been nice enough outside I have been working mostly on control.

Old 11-21-2020, 12:13 PM
Par Member

Niced 60 Times in 45 Posts

Quote:
Sure, I go and throw in the slippery and frozen/wet conditions wearing multiple layers but I'm not out to throw for max distance in those conditions and I don't think anyone else is either. Not only can you not get adequate bracing, the extra layers of clothing and cold dense air limits distance. When it has been nice enough outside I have been working mostly on control.
Shovel and salt yourself a throwing pad?

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk