#221  
Old 11-20-2020, 10:15 PM
RoDeO RoDeO is offline
Captain Oblivous!
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 892
Niced 71 Times in 60 Posts
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadlock86 View Post
well you don't throw 500' so maybe you should stfu





well you don't throw 400' so maybe you should stfu



notice how that is not really an argument?
I love you too my brother. Maybe I do throw 400+ already, who knows? Time will tell. Haven't been able to throw outside for distance in a few weeks because of the cold weather and snow. When I stopped I was around 380.

Go ahead, be grumpy, won't change my outlook.
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #222  
Old 11-21-2020, 03:51 AM
SaROCaM SaROCaM is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Courses Played: 38
Posts: 936
Niced 815 Times in 385 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDeO View Post
Haven't been able to throw outside for distance in a few weeks because of the cold weather and snow.
This sounds like an excuse after all the talk about effort. How much snow are we talking about? Plenty of people throw in cold, snowy conditions. Ever heard of disc golf Ice Bowl events? The motto is "no wimps, no whiners." Disc golf is a year-round activity. People are throwing 400'+ even in the cold and snow.
Reply With Quote
  #223  
Old 11-21-2020, 10:04 AM
sidewinder22's Avatar
sidewinder22 sidewinder22 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Creeping Creek DGC
Years Playing: 14.5
Courses Played: 230
Posts: 17,243
Niced 4,399 Times in 2,668 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDeO View Post
I always marvel at professional bicyclists and how much effort they put in and how that effort goes hand in hand with their discipline. Think about it- how many of us even come close to the same effort and discipline as a professional bicyclist in our disc golf journey? A true Tour De'France competitor? Probably less than .001 percent! No joke! Thats alright though, it is a leisure type of sport and most people just do not have nor desire the discipline or effort required to get there.
How many bicyclist put in the same amount effort or discipline of a true Tour De'France competitor? Probably less than .001 percent! No joke!

How many of those true Tour De'France competitors work with coaches and mechanics analysis to help make them more efficient? All of them.
Reply With Quote
  #224  
Old 11-21-2020, 10:50 AM
JuanA's Avatar
JuanA JuanA is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Colorado
Years Playing: 20.6
Courses Played: 102
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,068
Niced 1,149 Times in 517 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDeO View Post
PP is about at the limits of what a woman can achieve throwing a disc for distance. Why? Muscular ability limits her from throwing as far as a man.
You shouldn't be comparing Pierce to pro men and using that as your argument...you should be comparing yourself to Pierce.

From your videos, I'd say you are twice as big as Paige and probably twice as strong. Yet she can crush you on a drive. Using your logic, shouldn't you already be throwing farther than her?

Doesn't that fact alone tell you that strength is not the main ingredient of the secret sauce?

Niced: (2)
Reply With Quote
  #225  
Old 11-21-2020, 11:49 AM
JuanA's Avatar
JuanA JuanA is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Colorado
Years Playing: 20.6
Courses Played: 102
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,068
Niced 1,149 Times in 517 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDeO View Post
I always marvel at professional bicyclists and how much effort they put in and how that effort goes hand in hand with their discipline. Think about it- how many of us even come close to the same effort and discipline as a professional bicyclist in our disc golf journey? A true Tour De'France competitor? Probably less than .001 percent! No joke! Thats alright though, it is a leisure type of sport and most people just do not have nor desire the discipline or effort required to get there.
Bad analogy.
Reply With Quote
  #226  
Old 11-21-2020, 11:50 AM
RoDeO RoDeO is offline
Captain Oblivous!
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 892
Niced 71 Times in 60 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanA View Post
You shouldn't be comparing Pierce to pro men and using that as your argument...you should be comparing yourself to Pierce.

From your videos, I'd say you are twice as big as Paige and probably twice as strong. Yet she can crush you on a drive. Using your logic, shouldn't you already be throwing farther than her?

Doesn't that fact alone tell you that strength is not the main ingredient of the secret sauce?
That's a bad argument. She has been playing how many years? How many years did it take to get to her max distance or ceiling? I've been playing less than half a year. Muscle fiber and technique don't magically appear overnight. Bring up this argument several years from now and maybe you would have a point.
Reply With Quote
  #227  
Old 11-21-2020, 11:53 AM
JuanA's Avatar
JuanA JuanA is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Colorado
Years Playing: 20.6
Courses Played: 102
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,068
Niced 1,149 Times in 517 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDeO View Post
That's a bad argument. She has been developing her form how many years? How many years did it take to get to her max distance or ceiling? I've been playing less than half a year. Muscle fiber and technique don't magically appear overnight. Bring up this argument several years from now and maybe you would have a point.
Fixed it for you.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #228  
Old 11-21-2020, 11:59 AM
RoDeO RoDeO is offline
Captain Oblivous!
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 892
Niced 71 Times in 60 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder22 View Post
How many bicyclist put in the same amount effort or discipline of a true Tour De'France competitor? Probably less than .001 percent! No joke!

How many of those true Tour De'France competitors work with coaches and mechanics analysis to help make them more efficient? All of them.
You missed the point. My point I was making is that in the sport of disc golf very very few put forth any real athletic training and real effort to improve their driving ability. I don't even train to that level of a professional bicyclist and yet I train harder than pretty much everyone around where I live. It's basically a leisure sport though so it's no wonder you very rarely see disc golfers practicing for hours on end day after day at the local park. What few you do see usually end up finding forums like this. Some of us in here represent that .001%.
Reply With Quote
  #229  
Old 11-21-2020, 12:04 PM
RoDeO RoDeO is offline
Captain Oblivous!
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 892
Niced 71 Times in 60 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaROCaM View Post
This sounds like an excuse after all the talk about effort. How much snow are we talking about? Plenty of people throw in cold, snowy conditions. Ever heard of disc golf Ice Bowl events? The motto is "no wimps, no whiners." Disc golf is a year-round activity. People are throwing 400'+ even in the cold and snow.
Sure, I go and throw in the slippery and frozen/wet conditions wearing multiple layers but I'm not out to throw for max distance in those conditions and I don't think anyone else is either. Not only can you not get adequate bracing, the extra layers of clothing and cold dense air limits distance. When it has been nice enough outside I have been working mostly on control.
Reply With Quote
 

  #230  
Old 11-21-2020, 12:13 PM
NoseDownKing NoseDownKing is online now
Par Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 153
Niced 60 Times in 45 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDeO View Post
Sure, I go and throw in the slippery and frozen/wet conditions wearing multiple layers but I'm not out to throw for max distance in those conditions and I don't think anyone else is either. Not only can you not get adequate bracing, the extra layers of clothing and cold dense air limits distance. When it has been nice enough outside I have been working mostly on control.
Shovel and salt yourself a throwing pad?

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Arm speed during reach back Darth Anovin Technique & Strategy 11 04-11-2020 09:09 AM
Turn Back, Not Reach Back Pymm Technique & Strategy 13 09-15-2016 04:21 PM
Rebounding on Reach Back TheBeardedFatGuy Technique & Strategy 21 09-02-2016 12:44 PM
More distance with less reach back... onemilemore Technique & Strategy 4 04-09-2013 05:52 PM
Reach back as far as you can rlangton Technique & Strategy 15 09-12-2009 12:21 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.