Old 11-24-2020, 09:43 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 214 Times in 147 Posts
Default Bsammons’ forehand

Just had a forehand brace revelation so I figured I’d post this for the next round of re-works.

What I see is I’m still not 100% committed to the brace and leveraging my rear end against the disc. Still trying a bit to blow past it like my old form.

Arm angle looks like a baseball sidearm pitch - that’s who I watched mainly to work on my form, baseball pitchers. Still new to properly bracing so am 100% open to any and all feedback. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-2020, 11:28 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 29
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 522 Times in 304 Posts

Coach Madden recommends up the mound throws which starts about the 3:30 mark.

Niced: (1)
Old 11-25-2020, 01:55 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.5
Courses Played: 230
Niced 4,406 Times in 2,674 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsammons View Post
Just had a forehand brace revelation so I figured I’d post this for the next round of re-works.
What I see is I’m still not 100% committed to the brace and leveraging my rear end against the disc. Still trying a bit to blow past it like my old form.

Arm angle looks like a baseball sidearm pitch - that’s who I watched mainly to work on my form, baseball pitchers. Still new to properly bracing so am 100% open to any and all feedback. Thanks in advance!
Brace is working. Rear leg, not so much. In short need to make a more lateral shift back and forth and counter rotation/hip depth//hinge/buttwipe.

1. Your stance is starting too wide and too staggered closed and foot flared too open.

2. Your feet are moving the opposite of mine, your rear foot steps back away from your CoG while my front foot kicks back toward it. Note how your hips and shoulders are still open to target in top of backswing and your rear hip is extended.

3. Rear foot spins out and knee drops, instead of driving and moving forward with CoG.

Niced: (1)

Old 11-25-2020, 10:32 AM
Eagle Member

Niced 214 Times in 147 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder22 View Post
Brace is working. Rear leg, not so much. In short need to make a more lateral shift back and forth and counter rotation/hip depth//hinge/buttwipe.

1. Your stance is starting too wide and too staggered closed and foot flared too open.

2. Your feet are moving the opposite of mine, your rear foot steps back away from your CoG while my front foot kicks back toward it. Note how your hips and shoulders are still open to target in top of backswing and your rear hip is extended.

3. Rear foot spins out and knee drops, instead of driving and moving forward with CoG.

Will work on these and report.

I really liked what he said about leading with the heel and keeping the hips closed longer. Leading with the heel gives me a pretty good idea of what the drill is supposed to teach. Going to try out the things mentioned in the video and will report back.