Old 08-06-2020, 11:34 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.5
Courses Played: 230
Niced 4,424 Times in 2,687 Posts

1. Correct 99% of the time I'm talking about weightshift as the force or pressure shift into the foot/ground, not where the center of mass is - mass is not weight.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5xfv9jPqZs#t=5m37s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1pkfJtVq-8#t=4m5s

2. Lag just means that the disc is last thing to move or change direction and you have allowed the arm/disc's inertia to be separated or suspended or abandoned from your body temporarily to the top of the backswing as you transition forward into the plant.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 08-09-2020, 06:56 PM

Niced 17 Times in 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder22 View Post
2. Lag just means that the disc is last thing to move or change direction and you have allowed the arm/disc's inertia to be separated or suspended or abandoned from your body temporarily to the top of the backswing as you transition forward into the plant.
1. So you want your front foot fully planted (all of the pressure to shift to the front leg) before the disc starts to move forward?
2. Doesn΄t that mean that you have to separate the back turn of your hips and shoulders? So your hips start to open before the shoulders do? I have seen you (SW22) post a pic of Eagle McMahon where the pressure is fully on the front foot, his hips are square (started to turn forward), but his shoulders are still fully closed (turned back) and the disc/hand is at the top of the backswing. Instead of the hips and shoulders moving together, which I believe I am doing.
Old 08-09-2020, 08:13 PM
* Ace Member *

1. Ideally, there can be some variance, most of the pressure should shift forward. Disc can move forward linearly, while shoulder/arm still lagging back rotationally.
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forum...d.php?t=133319

2. You can move everything back together. The separation happens when the hips start transitioning forward into the plant.
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forum...d.php?t=133733

Old 08-09-2020, 08:45 PM

Thank you SW22. Having someone like you to confirm (or not) the things that are going around in my head is huge.
Now all I have to do is practise... and practise some more
Old 08-15-2020, 09:09 AM

Forehand.

I have also been working on my forehand. There are two throws on this video and the second one it definitely more of a nose up throw, which has been a common issue in the forehand throws. 1. Is it just a wrist angle adjustment? I wonder if I am keep my hand to much palm up to the sky at release.

What do you think, overall?

2. Are there any drills for forehand, such as OLD for backhand?
Old 08-16-2020, 12:45 AM
* Ace Member *

Supinate in backswing and turn back with elbow locked and loaded forward and arm/disc pulled taut. Your elbow is wandering around too much/slack.

Old 08-16-2020, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Supinate in backswing
1.In layman terms, supinate means palm up and pronate means palm down, right?
So I should be keeping my palm more up during the entire backswing, so the top of the disc should not be facing right side tee pad so much as can be seen in the video?

Quote:
turn back with elbow locked and loaded forward
2. I do not get what you mean by "elbow locked and loaded forward". In my video I can see that during the backswing my elbow faces/turns out towards left side tee pad (away from camera), is it that what you are referring to? So my elbow should be facing more down the whole time?

Quote:
arm/disc pulled taut
3. Is this the same as wrist cocked back?

Quote:
Your elbow is wandering around too much/slack.
4. I assume you are here referring what I mention above with my elbow facing left side tee pad. I can also see that it lifts a little just before the start of the forward swing.
Old 08-16-2020, 05:49 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by StandingOnShoulders View Post
1.In layman terms, supinate means palm up and pronate means palm down, right?
So I should be keeping my palm more up during the entire backswing, so the top of the disc should not be facing right side tee pad so much as can be seen in the video?

2. I do not get what you mean by "elbow locked and loaded forward". In my video I can see that during the backswing my elbow faces/turns out towards left side tee pad (away from camera), is it that what you are referring to? So my elbow should be facing more down the whole time?

3. Is this the same as wrist cocked back?

4. I assume you are here referring what I mention above with my elbow facing left side tee pad. I can also see that it lifts a little just before the start of the forward swing.
1-4. Not keeping it up, rolling everything back loading into supination and external shoulder rotation. Should end up top of backswing like holding a pizza pan/drink tray - elbow forward, lower arm/wrist laid back locked and cocked to the shoulder/body.

Only difference below is shoulder tilt.

Old 08-17-2020, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Supinate in backswing and turn back with elbow locked and loaded forward and arm/disc pulled taut. Your elbow is wandering around too much/slack.
I was trying this out today. I think I am understanding this correctly. For me it is all about keeping my shoulder in external rotation the whole time and not letting go of that in the backswing and not allowing my elbow to move up/backwards. I also changed how I start the backswing by swinging my arm down and back instead of up and back, that sets my shoulder right into external rotation. Obviously the whole throw is a little wonky still because in this throw I am focusing on the arm and the shoulder and I definitely need more reps with this. But I just wanted to make sure that I am doing this right now. What do you think?

Old 08-17-2020, 02:28 PM
* Ace Member *

Your stance looks a little staggered too closed, and your elbow/arm appears to race ahead of your shoulders or shoulders stop turning early/short. Make your shoulders bring your elbow/arm forward and just use a little flick of the wrist at the end. Try kicking your left elbow with right heel.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--CCIxtDIxg#t=5m20s