Old 02-06-2015, 08:15 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.7
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 837 Times in 360 Posts

Great suggestions as well, thanks!

Nowadays the abundance of selection is really daunting when your just shopping at the local shop! It's a great time to be a disc golfer.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2015, 12:01 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.8
Courses Played: 16
Niced 156 Times in 107 Posts

Giants are amazing. Not just for headwinds. But in general. They really do straddle the gap between forces and destroyers. Never need another distance driver.

Last edited by Kodachrome; 02-07-2015 at 12:04 AM.
Old 02-18-2015, 10:28 AM
Big Country

Years Playing: 29.6
Courses Played: 52
Niced 202 Times in 116 Posts

Giant experts:

I'm currently bagging the Scythe as my mega-OS compliment to my Giants. I'm beggining to think it's a bit of overkill. I have some pretty beefy Giants (especially the Elastos) and I'm thinking I could cover that shot with a beefy Giant. I am worried about working them in too fast...I'm not poor but I don't really feel like buying a stack of Giants or buying a new Giant every month or three to keep a super beefy Giant in the bag. Anyone out there have any tips about which beefy Giants last the longest, which ones to look for, etc?

Conversley, I reckon that by the end of June I'll have no need for the Sorcerer as my BT Giant beats in more. It's already developing quite a bit of turn but still has a strong finish. It has even higher glide than your standard Giant as well, which suits me just fine, thank you very much. Now I just need to convince Westside to distribute these gems worldwide.
Old 02-18-2015, 11:07 AM
* Ace Member *

how long they last? It's my understanding both tp and VIP are fairly durable, no? How often do you throw?

I've got two giants that are megabeef. The rest are just beef, or stable/over stable.

The flattest, most os giants I've seen have all been tp. The three top most os giants I have are white tp. Two of them are flat, more like an x1 or stiletto. The third is just beefy with a decent dome.

I have limited giant experience, but yeah.

Last edited by Kodachrome; 02-18-2015 at 11:10 AM.
Old 02-18-2015, 11:23 AM
Big Country

Years Playing: 29.6
Courses Played: 52
Niced 202 Times in 116 Posts

VIP is more durable than TP. Neither of them scuff up very well, but even my beefiest TP Giants will develop turn within two or three months of average playing. Still have big fade as Giants are wont to do, but even VIPs develop turn (and added distance) after not too long.
Old 02-18-2015, 11:27 AM
Michael Moore Fan Club President

Years Playing: 29.8
Courses Played: 58
Niced 9 Times in 7 Posts

I'd love to chuck a BT Giant, all that extra grip.

First I want Elasto Shields and Swans though, gimme!!!
Old 02-18-2015, 11:44 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJB View Post
VIP is more durable than TP. Neither of them scuff up very well, but even my beefiest TP Giants will develop turn within two or three months of average playing. Still have big fade as Giants are wont to do, but even VIPs develop turn (and added distance) after not too long.
maybe a flat tp. Even though mine are tp, I know my flatties are not going to turn, probably ever. They are head and shoulders more over stable than all other giants I've seen. I haven't seen any VIP that come even close. VIP seem to mold up more consistently, so what I do is use vi p for my workhorse overstability to break in, then just hunt the flat tp giants.

I haven't thrown elasto, I don't like how they have been molding up, at least the ones I've seen in shops around here. But they may be your best bet if you want a more os giant in VIP. Otherwise, yeah. Flat tp. Silly overstable..
Old 02-18-2015, 12:14 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.8
Courses Played: 20
Niced 38 Times in 36 Posts

The elasto World I threw was way OS and have heard the same from others.

I've thrown frost claymores for a few rounds and they don't scuff much on tree impacts. If they stay pliable then the rim integrity should be pretty good too. Anyone else have experience with elasto/frost/fluid durability?

Elasto Giant seems like a good route to me.

Also yes, someone for the love of DG please convince trilogy to mold up some baseline Giants for the US market!
Old 02-28-2015, 04:14 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 3
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey giant throwers, I have a red TP giant and wanted to pick up another one in VIP. So I found a white VIP at infinitediscs and I got it. I was just wondering if white giants were somehow special, I think I've heard that on here somewhere. Is that true?

Old 02-28-2015, 04:32 PM
* Ace Member *

white VIP is uncommon. I don't really think it goes beyond that. White giants aren't as common. They share variations just like other giants. I've got one max weight which is a normal, good and beefy giant with a bit of a pop top. I've got two others, one of which has a shoulder and is very over stable and another which is pretty much like throwing a rock over stable.

I don't believe there is anything special about them. Don't see white VIP much though. I think I remember thinking about snagging that one.