Old 02-17-2019, 01:56 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 691 Times in 389 Posts

From my experience, all of Discraft/DGA flydyes mold up with more glide. The lack of color injection make them cool different as well as they usually have a minimalist stamp.

I always buy Discraft fly dyes, when I can find them.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2019, 02:13 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 472 Times in 270 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by discerdoo View Post
Going all in on the Force based on a sample of one? I applaud you!
Order one to test and if i like it order some more in different plastics and try, how else could I do it?
Im not sponsored and cant get a large sample stock to try and then pick out the good ones

Its super frustrating to buy a disc that you come to like. . And then you cant find a disc that flies like that first one again
To find 3-5 disc that actually flies the same is harder than it should be
Old 02-17-2019, 02:38 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmandragon View Post
From my experience, all of Discraft/DGA flydyes mold up with more glide. The lack of color injection make them cool different as well as they usually have a minimalist stamp.

I always buy Discraft fly dyes, when I can find them.
I do feel like the fly dye Z feels very different from normal Z, different grip and texture
Old 02-17-2019, 07:30 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.5
Courses Played: 5
Niced 372 Times in 263 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
Going to make an order for a few different FORCEs today...just hoping all the fly dyes flies like mine does and the ESP and sig Z is more OS
Maybe a OS FORCE can kick my Predator out of the bag and I can make those utility shots with a OS FORCE instead
Hmmmm kinda like the other guys have hinted any Force should be more overstable than a Predator so that should be no problem for you.. Maybe it has something to do with the 169 weight. Especially if your Predator is elite X they were less stable than the Z's. If it's FLX it may be more stable. Interesting breakover point for a torqued shot on a Z Predator it is less stable than a Force but thrown flat etc it's consistently more stable just less torquemonkey resistant. I am also very fond of the feel of the Force.

Last edited by ThrowaEnvy; 02-17-2019 at 07:34 PM.
Old 02-18-2019, 03:16 AM
Eagle Member

My two Z Predators ( one flat, one domy. .both 170g ) is WAY more OS than the Fly Dye FORCE i got. .its not even close
Old 02-18-2019, 09:01 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.6
Courses Played: 88
Niced 712 Times in 367 Posts

Quote:
My two Z Predators ( one flat, one domy. .both 170g ) is WAY more OS than the Fly Dye FORCE i got. .its not even close
the Predator is a 2.5 and the Force is a 2.0...so even if you're getting them both up to speed (most people won't with a force anyway) the predator is basically always going to have a more overstable flight path.

Niced: (1)
Old 02-18-2019, 09:56 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.7
Courses Played: 12
Niced 674 Times in 353 Posts

Quote:
Order one to test and if i like it order some more in different plastics and try, how else could I do it?
I follow a similar pattern, that's why I have too many discs that I don't throw.
Old 02-18-2019, 11:43 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 165 Times in 104 Posts

My ESP predator definitely starts fading sooner than my ESP force, i can get the force to turn a tiny bit before it comes back. The pred just has that classic forward slicing fade that kicks in sooner.

Fly dyes can be oddly inconsistent across the board. I have a 167g Z Flick that is more OS than my 175g Ti Flicks. I also have a dyed Z glide too that is surprisingly stable for such a flippy mold. There was talks about how that older clear Z plastic molds up more stable.
Old 02-18-2019, 08:01 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 537 Times in 425 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANBURGARLAR View Post
My ESP predator definitely starts fading sooner than my ESP force, i can get the force to turn a tiny bit before it comes back. The pred just has that classic forward slicing fade that kicks in sooner.

Fly dyes can be oddly inconsistent across the board. I have a 167g Z Flick that is more OS than my 175g Ti Flicks. I also have a dyed Z glide too that is surprisingly stable for such a flippy mold. There was talks about how that older clear Z plastic molds up more stable.
I have a dyed Z Flick that I had to take out of my bag. Damn thing was borderline flippy. It didn't do any of the things I want a Flick to do.

OTOH, I have a dyed Z Crank that is a beefy, glideless turd.

I won't say that dyed discs are all bad, but I've definitely thrown some aberrant ones.

Niced: (1)

Old 02-19-2019, 09:40 AM
Eagle Member

Got two more fly dye Z and one normal Z FORCE today
I noticed that all 3 fly dye Z has a totaly flat flightplate. . the regular Z has a slight dome
I just hope my two new fly dye Z has the same flight as my first one and that the normal Z is more OS