Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > Improve Your Game > Technique & Strategy

Old 10-25-2018, 01:59 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 36
Niced 62 Times in 47 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumberjack504 View Post
Agreed 100%. The diagonal shift, or "neutral body stance but offset diagonally closed to the target" concept really drove some things home for me. This idea, along with HUB's windmill drill, what he would call the "downshift" or what SW calls compression, have made my throws incredibly more consistent and much more effortless.

I need to get some video up soon, but just thinking about hopping and staying real tall on tippy toes of the rear foot, and dropping into a plant (see SW door frame drills) that is 20-30 closed to your target line but neutral to your feet/spine/body has simplified and consolidated all these small swing thoughts I used to have to piece together. The key is to really wait to drop from the hop and settle into the front side before you swing.

It was in your form thread where I realized the idea of a RH batter's power zone being to left center and relating it to what we're trying to do. If that batter wanted his power zone to be to center field, he'd have to hop up and move his whole stance closed, relative to the pitcher (your intended line).

That's what so great about having a forum, and productive discussion (not argument). The more we can talk about this and bring different analogies in, the more it will resonate to more players.
Well said. I'm going through the same things.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)