Old 07-02-2022, 06:12 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 138 Times in 84 Posts

I agree with Neil re stiffnes+grip. I putt and throw weese nexus aviars, they hold up really good to scuffs and warping. The galatics seem to scuff easier and the grip isn't as good.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2022, 11:23 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 20
Niced 394 Times in 182 Posts

how does nexus compare to yeti pro? (they sound pretty similar and im wondering if nexus is just rebranded yeti or jk pro putter plastic?)
Old 07-06-2022, 09:11 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 2.4
Courses Played: 1
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 61 Times in 30 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gammaxgoblin View Post
how does nexus compare to yeti pro? (they sound pretty similar and im wondering if nexus is just rebranded yeti or jk pro putter plastic?)
Definitely not the same. Nexus is stiffer.
Old 07-06-2022, 09:44 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 21.1
Courses Played: 29
Niced 113 Times in 58 Posts

How does it line up with the DX used for Thunderbirds a couple years back? That stuff was top notch!
Old 07-18-2022, 10:33 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.2
Courses Played: 7
Niced 734 Times in 363 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckstopper View Post
How does it line up with the DX used for Thunderbirds a couple years back? That stuff was top notch!
(Bump)
I have never tried Nexus either, but the DX used in the first run of DX Thunderbirds were really unusual. Is it the same material as Nexus?
Old 07-18-2022, 11:53 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 785 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckstopper View Post
Hard to say, I haven’t felt a driver in Nexus. My impression is that it will not be as good, that run was something special.
Old 07-20-2022, 08:46 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 2.4
Courses Played: 1
Niced 61 Times in 30 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingus View Post
Hard to say, I haven’t felt a driver in Nexus. My impression is that it will not be as good, that run was something special.
I'm not sure Nexus would be appropriate for midranges much less drivers. I think it would have durability issues at those speeds.
Old 07-20-2022, 12:26 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 22
Niced 104 Times in 83 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil_Rankin View Post
I'm not sure Nexus would be appropriate for midranges much less drivers. I think it would have durability issues at those speeds.
I bag an XT Mako3 and it's somehow lasted a full year in the bag at this point. It's kind of a utility disc for me, so it only comes out once a round on average. It's definitely flippy, but that's what I use it for. I'd love to try some mids in Nexus, which I think is ever so slightly more durable.
Old 07-20-2022, 10:18 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 38
Niced 991 Times in 444 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil_Rankin View Post
If DX Rocs can be durable enough, why wouldn't Nexus be able to?

From personal experience, I throw DX Rocs and have been throwing Nexus Fireflies since the 2019 runs. I have played plenty of one-disc rounds with a Firefly, throwing them full power off the tee, hitting trees, rocks, etc. They are definitely still closer to the baseline end of the plastic spectrum, but certainly not a fragile plastic.

Agree that faster drivers might not be great in Nexus plastic, but maybe slower drivers could work (not that it's something I think should be made, but thinking about how DX Teebirds can be very nice flyers.) That one run of DX Thunderbirds was special; probably not a fair comparison.

Nexus is more durable than XT, IME, comparing Fireflies to XT Aviars and Novas.

Last edited by SaROCaM; 07-20-2022 at 10:22 PM.

Old 07-21-2022, 12:02 AM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 15
Niced 40 Times in 23 Posts

I was actually googling Nexus vs XT plastic just now and this is the latest thread. Pretty cool!

I have never touched Nexus plastic and am pretty curious about it. I have XT BB Aviars that seem to be exactly like the description for Nexus. Just a little less stiff than KC, and just a little less grippy than JK. Seems to be a best of both worlds, but even stiffer would be better.

My take on the whole thing is if you live in a place where the temperature changes significantly over the year, it makes sense to switch from KC Aviars to something more grippy like XT, JK, or Yeti in the winter. Thomas Gilbert used Yetis when he played with Innova in Canada.

So my question is, can anyone compare XT to Nexus in detail? Specifically in the BB Aviar mold, and using current KC plastic as a baseline. Many thanks in advance