Old 06-23-2022, 12:45 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 246 Times in 118 Posts
Default PDGA Board of Director Elections

I see lots of opinions about the PDGA Board. There is an election during July for members to select 2 board members to serve for three years. My take is that these elections are mostly a popularity contest. Candidates that are familiar for playing or promoting usually win. There are 13 candidates this year including a long-time veteran and workhorse of the sport, a current member seeking a third term, and 5 guys with PDGA #'s over 100,000. They presented their candidate statements in a June 1 PDGA news post https://www.pdga.com/news/get-know-1...ga-number-2450. I'm interested in what they say they will do to GOVERN the PDGA. All of them are obviously passionate and enthusiastic about DG; however, several primarily indicate they love DG and want to Grow the Sport (GTS). I know most players aren't interested in the election and most are not PDGA members & can't vote anyway but I'll post a brief summary of what each candidate emphasized and what they will do if elected. Here are the first 4:

Conrad Damon #2450 (1986). He is a real OG. Emphasis: His administrative history in DG. Board Member 4 years, Rules Committee 11 years, Technical Standards 12+years, created Disciplinary Committee, PDGA web developer, founded La Mirada Disc Club. Priorities: Enhance social media and video content. Lower membership cost. Give members a bigger voice.

John Belty #11582. Emphasis: Promote Tulsa, OK DG, finance & banking. Priorities: Expand membership, national recognition, & corporate sponsors. GTS.

Tim Petrea #34756. Emphasis: Parks & Rec professional. Active supporter of clubs in WY, GA, & NC. Priorities: Actively support bettering public courses. Connect communities. GTS.

Joseph Brown #41057. Emphasis: Compelled to answer the "Call for Candidates". Love the game. Playing DG. Priorities: Help with sales, marketing, & scaling.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (3)
Old 06-23-2022, 08:38 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 13.4
Courses Played: 682
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 320 Times in 148 Posts

I'm only interested in candidates that stand to fix common sense problems like banning born males from competing in the women's divisions.

Old 06-23-2022, 08:59 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.8
Courses Played: 46
Niced 6,400 Times in 2,569 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMcAtee View Post
I'm only interested in candidates that stand to fix common sense problems like banning born males from competing in the women's divisions.
Your transphobia is getting boring

Old 06-23-2022, 09:06 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 39.2
Courses Played: 278
Niced 8,829 Times in 3,021 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by roblee View Post
I see lots of opinions about the PDGA Board. There is an election during July for members to select 2 board members to serve for three years. My take is that these elections are mostly a popularity contest. Candidates that are familiar for playing or promoting usually win. There are 13 candidates this year including a long-time veteran and workhorse of the sport, a current member seeking a third term, and 5 guys with PDGA #'s over 100,000. They presented their candidate statements in a June 1 PDGA news post https://www.pdga.com/news/get-know-1...ga-number-2450. I'm interested in what they say they will do to GOVERN the PDGA. All of them are obviously passionate and enthusiastic about DG; however, several primarily indicate they love DG and want to Grow the Sport (GTS). I know most players aren't interested in the election and most are not PDGA members & can't vote anyway but I'll post a brief summary of what each candidate emphasized and what they will do if elected. Here are the first 4:

Conrad Damon #2450 (1986). He is a real OG. Emphasis: His administrative history in DG. Board Member 4 years, Rules Committee 11 years, Technical Standards 12+years, created Disciplinary Committee, PDGA web developer, founded La Mirada Disc Club. Priorities: Enhance social media and video content. Lower membership cost. Give members a bigger voice.

John Belty #11582. Emphasis: Promote Tulsa, OK DG, finance & banking. Priorities: Expand membership, national recognition, & corporate sponsors. GTS.

Tim Petrea #34756. Emphasis: Parks & Rec professional. Active supporter of clubs in WY, GA, & NC. Priorities: Actively support bettering public courses. Connect communities. GTS.

Joseph Brown #41057. Emphasis: Compelled to answer the "Call for Candidates". Love the game. Playing DG. Priorities: Help with sales, marketing, & scaling.
Thanks roblee. I am interested and hope this thread can bring some discussion to light. I think it is important to hear what golfers want the PDGA to be focused on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMcAtee View Post
I hope you don't get this thread trashcanned with your oddly misplaced fear. If you want to talk about your feelings, move on over to the watercooler sections.

Old 06-23-2022, 09:34 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 28.2
Courses Played: 122
Niced 5,705 Times in 2,064 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4por View Post

I hope you don't get this thread trashcanned with your oddly misplaced fear. If you want to talk about your feelings, move on over to the watercooler sections.
Unfortunately that is going to be one of the defining issues of this election.

Niced: (2)
Old 06-23-2022, 09:37 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 39.2
Courses Played: 278
Niced 8,829 Times in 3,021 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscoe View Post
Unfortunately that is going to be one of the defining issues of this election.
As it should, for our trans community and women.

Niced: (2)
Old 06-23-2022, 10:24 AM

Niced 12 Times in 5 Posts

Heres two candidates you can vote for to help stand up for fairness in biological women's divisions.

Also, lets not forget the recent decision in women's swimming...

Its time to have a serious discussion about this. When trans represent <1% of the population, yet the competitors in women's disc golf consistently place in the top of their divisions (Ryan, Nova), there is an issue because they have a physical advantage.

Old 06-23-2022, 10:35 AM

Courses Played: 71
Niced 29 Times in 10 Posts

The CPA at the end basically calling out Heinold's conflict of interest with submitting Worlds bids and saying the PDGA's financials need to be more closely reviewed was ... interesting.

Old 06-23-2022, 10:39 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 28.2
Courses Played: 122
Niced 5,705 Times in 2,064 Posts

Quoting a FB post shared by Harris since I am too dumb to post the screenshot efficiently: "Kyle Rittenhouse showed us one thing. You can't fire into a crowd of liberals without hitting a pedophile or two."

Old 06-23-2022, 10:47 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 13.4
Courses Played: 682
Niced 320 Times in 148 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets View Post
Your transphobia is getting boring
Typical name calling cause you dont agree with me. God bless you (in a southern accent).

Closed Thread