Heh...
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2018, 11:20 PM
Still a puppy

Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 204 Times in 133 Posts

My explorer got stuck in a tree, it's marked but i doubt ill get a call back.
Old 11-12-2018, 12:23 AM
Bogey Member

Niced 20 Times in 13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finny View Post
Firebird is 1.9. Criminal's 2.1, same as Wraith. XXX is 2.0. Enforcer and War Horse are 2.2, Defender and Gladiator are 2.3, and Stiletto is 2.4.

One thing I've noticed is that other companies seem to struggle to produce stable-overstable fairways with smaller rims as well as Innova does. Firebird and Teebird are the best examples. Many the DD fairways, for example, are 1.9 and up.
That seems like it's splitting hairs between the XXX and the Firebird. And even so, there are also Felon's which in the Lucid-X plastic are more overstable and the Westside Ahti which I forgot about that which from everything I've heard is very comparable to a Firebird.

In DD's lineup it makes sense that they have faster fairways because their mids are fast compared to most other companies.

And I wouldn't call Teebirds popular because of the stability. It's more about how they beat in and work well over time along with great glide and distance potential without sacrificing control. Some people search out more overstable versions, but plenty of others prefer ones that are more workable. Companies have discs that are slower and overstable too. The Spark is probably more overstable than the Teebird and the rim is probably somewhere between a Teebird and Firebirds. But the Spark doesn't have the glide and distance of a Teebird.
Old 11-12-2018, 04:47 AM

Niced 14 Times in 9 Posts

Vip Ahti flies exactly like a champ Firebird for me. I’m obviously not 1040 rated, but it would certainly be a disc wysocki could have thrown had he felt Lat64 was missing something in that spot for him in their lineup
Old 11-12-2018, 06:02 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 110 Times in 58 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hartigan5279 View Post
That seems like it's splitting hairs between the XXX and the Firebird. And even so, there are also Felon's which in the Lucid-X plastic are more overstable and the Westside Ahti which I forgot about that which from everything I've heard is very comparable to a Firebird.

In DD's lineup it makes sense that they have faster fairways because their mids are fast compared to most other companies.

And I wouldn't call Teebirds popular because of the stability. It's more about how they beat in and work well over time along with great glide and distance potential without sacrificing control. Some people search out more overstable versions, but plenty of others prefer ones that are more workable. Companies have discs that are slower and overstable too. The Spark is probably more overstable than the Teebird and the rim is probably somewhere between a Teebird and Firebirds. But the Spark doesn't have the glide and distance of a Teebird.
I agree it's splitting hairs. Firebird does seem to have the je ne sais quoi combination of thinner rim and right amount of overstability.

But I'd say Teebird is popular exactly because of it's stability and controlability. It's got a small rim for a fairway, but you can rip on it and it will go straight without turn. It's stable, not overstable. No other disc with that rim width is as stable.
Old 11-13-2018, 07:03 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 11
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 17 Times in 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finny View Post
No other disc with that rim width is as stable.
Banshee!
Old 11-14-2018, 02:05 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 67
Niced 513 Times in 255 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grippenripp View Post
Okay, I can dig it. What I was getting at though is something more like what if Nate went on straight up attack mode this year, like he was gunning for some titles? It would be fun to watch.
Would be like watching Lizotte Light.
Old 11-14-2018, 03:11 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 9
Niced 616 Times in 451 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecoin View Post
Would be like watching Lizotte Light.
IDK about thay I think the fact that he would play within his means but attacking at the same time would look similar to seeing Barsby or Dickerson whe. They're super on point

Old 11-14-2018, 05:46 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.8
Courses Played: 43
Niced 21 Times in 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
This may have been answered by now, but Wysocki used KC Aviars in the past. Also, the Dagger is similar in feel and flight to a Whale, so he might try that. The Whale also flies (doesn't feel like, but flies like) a Warden.
....I'm pretty sure that Ricky has a stack of seasoned KCs sitting around somewhere. They might have a prodigy stamp on them, but still.