Old 04-13-2019, 07:16 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 256 Times in 147 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Dub View Post
Attachment 68081

Attachment 68082

I've been waiting for warmer weather to put one of these back in my bag.
Old DX eagles are sweet. Never thrown an 11 time or KC pro eagle but I assume they're like a premium plastic version of these sweet old DX eagles.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 04-14-2019, 10:55 PM

Niced 9 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmiller View Post
Sounds like the shorter Firebird I’ve been after. Too bad they’re $25 and colored like the leaves I’d want to throw them amongst. Wish I could just hand-pick a regular, brightly colored Star(or Champ) with that flight. Or get a nice flat Banshee.
My sample size is only one disc, but mine isn't flying quite banshee stable. I'm getting a little turn and a nice strong fade. It'll pop up to flat on a shallow hyzer flip, and hold a moderate anny for roughly half the flight before the wing turns and starts bringing it back left. This is all BH, because my FH isn't strong enough for me to see much difference between discs on the stable/OS side of the spectrum.

All in all it's flying exactly how I consider "good" eagles to when fresh, but that's rather subjective.

Old 04-14-2019, 11:23 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpiperpan View Post
My sample size is only one disc, but mine isn't flying quite banshee stable. I'm getting a little turn and a nice strong fade. It'll pop up to flat on a shallow hyzer flip, and hold a moderate anny for roughly half the flight before the wing turns and starts bringing it back left. This is all BH, because my FH isn't strong enough for me to see much difference between discs on the stable/OS side of the spectrum.

All in all it's flying exactly how I consider "good" eagles to when fresh, but that's rather subjective.
Wish I could compare PLH between ours and see if there are inconsistencies. The PLH on mine is literally 1/8” higher than any of my other eagles

Old 04-15-2019, 06:45 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 11.5
Courses Played: 31
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 12 Times in 9 Posts

There are some color glow eagle x's with air force stamps sitting on disc golf values that look intriguing. Anyone thrown them, and if so how is the dome and flight?
Old 04-15-2019, 07:39 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogey H8tr View Post
There are some color glow eagle x's with air force stamps sitting on disc golf values that look intriguing. Anyone thrown them, and if so how is the dome and flight?
We discussed them several pages back and the consensus was no one here has had any experience with them. I contacted discgolfvalues to ask about profile of the disc and they said they are consistent with other new run eagles.

Old 04-15-2019, 08:34 PM
Bogey Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
We discussed them several pages back and the consensus was no one here has had any experience with them. I contacted discgolfvalues to ask about profile of the disc and they said they are consistent with other new run eagles.
Must have missed that, thanks for filling in. I’m planning on ordering some discs from disc golf values in the next day or two and will order a color glow eagle as well. I’ll report back here once I have thrown it with profile pictures.
Old 04-16-2019, 12:01 AM

Niced 9 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
Wish I could compare PLH between ours and see if there are inconsistencies. The PLH on mine is literally 1/8” higher than any of my other eagles
I'll have to check one out next to a current run next time I'm at the pro shop. I'm throwing the older opaque 12Xs so my idea of normal is skewed towards the more OS side already. I'm not a fan of how they've been molding up lately (or how the plastic has been feeling) so I haven't bothered with any eagles from the last few years.

The most recent releases of champ have felt more promising, just waiting to see some eagles in it. Star seems to be feeling a little better too.
Old 04-16-2019, 07:07 AM
Pandamonium Discs

Years Playing: 13.5
Courses Played: 171
Niced 727 Times in 333 Posts

Quote:
If they are the same as cfr color glow champ eagles then I can help. I would consider them domey for an eagle, slightly stiff and pretty OS out of the box. Had mine in my bag now for 6 about a year and its finally getting some glide to it. I just use it for headwinds pretty much.

Old 04-16-2019, 10:57 AM
Bogey Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsman View Post
If they are the same as cfr color glow champ eagles then I can help. I would consider them domey for an eagle, slightly stiff and pretty OS out of the box. Had mine in my bag now for 6 about a year and its finally getting some glide to it. I just use it for headwinds pretty much.
That's exactly what I'm hoping this one flies like. I ordered one from disc golf values last night so I should have it by the end of the week or next week and can report back here. I like the color glow plastic, and if its stable it'll definitely go in the bag.

Old 04-16-2019, 11:05 AM
Pandamonium Discs

Years Playing: 13.5
Courses Played: 171
Niced 727 Times in 333 Posts

Quote:
That's exactly what I'm hoping this one flies like. I ordered one from disc golf values last night so I should have it by the end of the week or next week and can report back here. I like the color glow plastic, and if its stable it'll definitely go in the bag.
Yea I havent seen too many eagle x's lately that havent been overstable so I think you will be fine. But let us know.