Old 10-24-2016, 02:25 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.5
Courses Played: 313
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 2,208 Times in 1,093 Posts

Good news Scott!
That really is a beautiful setting for a course.

1) I assume the wait before pouring concrete is to see how it plays before installing permanent tees?
2) Judging from the map, layout looks different from what I recall from playing in at the Tecumseh Opens you hosted there.
3) Prior to concrete, is there anything to indicate the actual intended tee location?

Will try to play a couple of rounds and provide feedback (assuming you want opinions).
Sponsored Links

Last edited by BogeyNoMore; 10-24-2016 at 02:27 PM.
Old 10-24-2016, 02:36 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 24.5
Courses Played: 106
Niced 224 Times in 105 Posts

The concrete pads should be happening relatively quickly, within 3-4 weeks I think. Yes I will use the time we have to make any necessary tweaks to the locations.

If you come armed with the course map, navigation should be relatively easy. Tee locations are marked with flags and paint, and whenever I go out there I'll be carrying flags and paint in my Mahal so it can be refreshed as needed while we wait on the pads and permanent signage.

I welcome feedback, for sure. I think you will be pretty happy with this layout, I'm excited for people to play it.

Tried to get a balance of approachable, challenge and enjoyment. Red front 9 is more approachable than the back 9.

Edit: Yes it is quite different from the last tournament layout. A number of walking paths went in which changed things up, as well as a chunk of the land being used for a different activity, and we are using some areas we had not used before.

Last edited by esdubya; 10-24-2016 at 02:40 PM.
Old 12-21-2016, 11:17 AM

Years Playing: 12.1
Courses Played: 17
Niced 3 Times in 1 Post

I'm going to post up so I can follow this thread. Once the snow melts away I'll have to make a trip across the bridge to check the course out. Hell its close enough to belle isle that if there is a beach at the park I can land/launch a kayak from it might be a fun kayak and disc golf day trip!! Launch from Detroit, land at Lakewood, play a round of DG, have lunch, then head back to the D.
Old 12-21-2016, 11:32 AM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gremlin75 View Post
I'm going to post up so I can follow this thread. Once the snow melts away I'll have to make a trip across the bridge to check the course out. Hell its close enough to belle isle that if there is a beach at the park I can land/launch a kayak from it might be a fun kayak and disc golf day trip!! Launch from Detroit, land at Lakewood, play a round of DG, have lunch, then head back to the D.
Make sure you have a Nexus card and phone that trip in, the RCMP doesn't always appreciate undocumented crossings.. Also it's quite a bit upriver so it will be a workout to get there! What needs to happen is that pedestrian / bike ferry from downtown to downtown..

Front pads are shoveled now if you want to brave the cold. If not, see you in the spring, thanks for checking in.

EDIT: ..just reading back my last post. In case it isn't clear, concrete pads were installed late October. The course plays great and the pads turned out awesome. At the moment there is a lot of snow. The weather turned before the signage could get installed so that may have to wait until the spring sadly although all of the materials are there and ready to go out.

Last edited by esdubya; 12-21-2016 at 11:37 AM.
Old 12-21-2016, 05:42 PM

Years Playing: 12.1
Courses Played: 17
Niced 3 Times in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by esdubya View Post
Make sure you have a Nexus card and phone that trip in, the RCMP doesn't always appreciate undocumented crossings.. Also it's quite a bit upriver so it will be a workout to get there! What needs to happen is that pedestrian / bike ferry from downtown to downtown..

Front pads are shoveled now if you want to brave the cold. If not, see you in the spring, thanks for checking in.

EDIT: ..just reading back my last post. In case it isn't clear, concrete pads were installed late October. The course plays great and the pads turned out awesome. At the moment there is a lot of snow. The weather turned before the signage could get installed so that may have to wait until the spring sadly although all of the materials are there and ready to go out.
I have an enhanced drivers license for the border crossing (good by land and sea....or river). I've paddle up (and down) the Detroit river a great many of times so short distance from Belle aisle or Maheras-Gentry Park (one of my other favorite launch sites) to Lakewood isn't too much of a concern. I'd be a bit more concerned about a good place to land once at Lakewood and a place to keep the kayak safe while throwing a round. Walking down the fairways with a 14 foot kayak in tow might turn some heads...but it would be one interesting DG Cart

I thought about heading over to check it out next week but I like to keep to the courses I know during the winter just for easy of navigation. Once the snow at least starts to melt the Lakewood course is first on my list of new courses to hit up.
Old 05-27-2017, 09:10 PM
Double Eagle Member

Grand Opening Photos http://windsorite.ca/2017/05/photos-...c-golf-course/

/thread !!!!!!

Old 10-26-2018, 05:28 PM
Double Eagle Member

New 9-hole course in Chatham, Ontario, which is about an hour up the 401 from Windsor.

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/cours...=10157&mode=ci

I was able to help with the final final layout, which was nice. Great job by the local guy (John S) being a constant annoyance to his city councilors. Eventually they relented and hired Darrell Bankes / Tinlid to install the course this week. Course is now in and playable.