Old 04-13-2018, 01:54 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 117
Niced 258 Times in 137 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeK View Post
Disc Golf Course Review is clearly the leader in cataloging, rating, and discussing disc golf courses. The PDGA’s own database pales in comparison to DGCR. So to me, it’s far more important how DGCReview defines a course. So for Rolling Hills Putting Labyrinth to still be listed on DGCReview as a permanent course rather than a practice area IS AN ABOMINATION.

Has Tim G really been given all the facts about the Labyrinth from BogeyNoMore? I sure hope not. I’d like to think Tim hasn’t broken his own high standards by allowing the Labyrinth to be called a permanent course, and if Tim was given the full picture he’d do what’s best for disc golf and fix the listing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by c_a_miller View Post
And the reality is, Guinness does not give a damn. *shrugs* Someone could "break" it at this course, and Guinness would happily give them the record if they hit all the criteria, none of which is a minimum hole length.
Frankly neither do I to be honest. *shrugs*

My point was more to MikeK losing his mind about Bogey working with TimG about adding this putter course to the site. Go rant and rave at Guinness Mike not at DGCR for simply informing golfers of another option to throw pieces of plastics at baskets. This site is an information resource for disc golfers and the more info the better IMO. Not Tim's job to ensure Guinness is doing their due diligence before recognizing "records", that is 100% on Guinness.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2018, 02:41 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 231
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 33 Times in 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future_Primitive View Post
Frankly neither do I to be honest. *shrugs*

My point was more to MikeK losing his mind about Bogey working with TimG about adding this putter course to the site. Go rant and rave at Guinness Mike not at DGCR for simply informing golfers of another option to throw pieces of plastics at baskets. This site is an information resource for disc golfers and the more info the better IMO. Not Tim's job to ensure Guinness is doing their due diligence before recognizing "records", that is 100% on Guinness.
I have actually broken another non disc golf world record through Guinness recently, and I just don't think they care about the integrity of how their records are broken rather they care that the rules they set forth for the record are followed. At the end of the day, Guinness is completely independent from the PDGA and every other sports governing body that people might break records through.

When I was younger, I had a huge infatuation with Guinness, but after going through their process twice now on two separate records, I have become jaded with them.

Old 04-13-2018, 02:45 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 231
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 33 Times in 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyNoMore View Post
I think FP's point was that Guiness should have minimum requirements for records such as this. Perhaps those standards should be arrived at in agreement with the activity's governing body.
The PDGA probably either doesn't care about it or doesn't want to touch this controversial issue. Though they have written articles three times about Mike Sale hitting 1310 and then 2900.

https://www.pdga.com/breaking-world-...s-great-causes
https://www.pdga.com/bar-has-been-raised