Old 10-27-2016, 09:21 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,176 Times in 1,603 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjtwinnova View Post
Now when is she going full trilogy
Probably when her contract with Prodigy is officially ovah, which IIRC is the end of this calendar year.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2016, 12:34 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.6
Courses Played: 33
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,196 Times in 556 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddjob View Post
Not like it's a surprise but yeah she gone.

Paige Ashton Pierce
23 hrs ·
After carrying around a very heavy and uncomfortable bag for the past couple years I decided to get an Upper park bag this past season. It was super cheap and more than enough for what I was looking for in the comfort department! I can honestly say I think this bag saved me 3-5 strokes per round just by not getting as worn out as before. If you are in the market for a bag I would suggest to get your hands on either the rebel or the shift! Also that new black with red zippers ����

Nice burn on the Prodigy bag.

I understand if there is some bad blood there, but you can definitely handle the situation better.
Old 10-28-2016, 01:02 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 136 Times in 67 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanJon View Post
Nice burn on the Prodigy bag.

I understand if there is some bad blood there, but you can definitely handle the situation better.
Yeah, not real classy. Hey Paige, you ever hear of a cart or a caddy? Using her math, she would have won every tournament going away with the help of one of those two.
Old 10-28-2016, 01:29 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 21.5
Courses Played: 24
Niced 84 Times in 61 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldeyeGolf View Post
Yeah, not real classy. Hey Paige, you ever hear of a cart or a caddy? Using her math, she would have won every tournament going away with the help of one of those two.
That was my thought too.

As I've heard no different I assume it is simply a contract issue as to why she is leaving. There are better ways to leave a sponsor than that statement. Hopefully when she does officialy leave she is more amicable.
Old 10-28-2016, 04:45 PM
Snowflake

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwindacatcher View Post
That was my thought too.

As I've heard no different I assume it is simply a contract issue as to why she is leaving. There are better ways to leave a sponsor than that statement. Hopefully when she does officialy leave she is more amicable.
There is definitely bad blood between Paige and Prodigy. At the banquet during 2016 Worlds, where Paige was honored as 2015 Player of the Year, she made a comment about "it's not the name on your back that matters..." and some such. While some may want her to take the high road, she might have very good reason for being bitter and expressing it. Time will tell....
Old 10-28-2016, 05:19 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.6
Courses Played: 33
Niced 1,196 Times in 556 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
There is definitely bad blood between Paige and Prodigy. At the banquet during 2016 Worlds, where Paige was honored as 2015 Player of the Year, she made a comment about "it's not the name on your back that matters..." and some such. While some may want her to take the high road, she might have very good reason for being bitter and expressing it. Time will tell....

It doesn't matter. No one is entitled to a sponsorship. No one "deserves" to be a sponsored athlete. If things went bad, then oh well, suck it up and move on when you are able to. No need to be passive-aggressive.

Remember, she chose to leave her former sponsor (who by all accounts wasn't all that bad of a deal) because she thought she saw greener pastures. Guess it didn't turn out that way. Who's fault is that? Prodigy's? I would say no.
Old 10-28-2016, 06:42 PM
Snowflake

Quote:
It doesn't matter. No one is entitled to a sponsorship. No one "deserves" to be a sponsored athlete. If things went bad, then oh well, suck it up and move on when you are able to. No need to be passive-aggressive.
Not sure I agree with this. If one side is being done wrong, should the wronged one just suck it up, i.e. just take it? I would say no.

Quote:
Remember, she chose to leave her former sponsor (who by all accounts wasn't all that bad of a deal) because she thought she saw greener pastures. Guess it didn't turn out that way. Who's fault is that? Prodigy's? I would say no.
Are you saying this with the certainty of full knowledge of the actual situation?
Old 10-28-2016, 07:19 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 31
Niced 117 Times in 60 Posts

I assume that she would have walked from her contact if she could have. There has to be more to this story considering how unhappy she is with Prodigy. My question is why they didn't just cut ties with her and let her move on a while ago. The writing has been on the wall for ages.

FWIW, I'm still a fan of Paige's.
Old 10-28-2016, 07:24 PM
Snowflake

Quote:
Originally Posted by JedV View Post
FWIW, I'm still a fan of Paige's.
Me, too. I remember how classy Paige was in congratulating Valarie at Worlds,and Sarah at USWDGC. I think Paige is a good person, and hope she does extremely well with her new sponsor(s) in 2017.

Old 10-28-2016, 08:31 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 21.5
Courses Played: 24
Niced 84 Times in 61 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
Not sure I agree with this. If one side is being done wrong, should the wronged one just suck it up, i.e. just take it? I would say no.

Right and wrong are very black and white when it comes to contacts. Either it is in it or it isnt. If they promised her things and than didn't put in in the contract that is a sleezy move on their part, but she should have made sure it was in the contract.

Regardless, I a betting we will never really know why there is I'll will for fear of lawsuits.