Old 06-15-2017, 12:47 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 19.5
Courses Played: 77
Niced 20 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siiimmons View Post
You cant say you do "physical therapy" without having a physical therapist on the staff.
While I agree that you shouldn't, technically you can. Chiropractors frequently utilize PT billing (Current Procedural Terminology/CPT) codes when sending out bills to insurance companies. :/
Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2017, 01:25 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 8
Courses Played: 81
Niced 12 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsw_03 View Post
While I agree that you shouldn't, technically you can. Chiropractors frequently utilize PT billing (Current Procedural Terminology/CPT) codes when sending out bills to insurance companies. :/
Its therapeutic exercise or something else then. Not PT.
Old 06-15-2017, 01:30 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 19.6
Courses Played: 194
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 138 Times in 79 Posts

Chalk up another piriformis syndrome issue here. Went from 953 to 923 in a year. Lost about 50to60ft on distance, but some days I can throw like I used to with no pain. Nobody seems to have an answer as to how to fix it. Took a year off....felt great and now it's back. Anybody have the miracle solution?
Old 06-15-2017, 01:34 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 23.5
Courses Played: 145
Niced 345 Times in 164 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Disc Golf View Post
Appreciate the post! We're pretty evidence based and lean more towards a combination of chiropractic care and physical therapy. Long term results are always going to be the result of diligence with home exercises and self-care. Similar to Dentistry, you see a Dentist twice a year for cleanings but 99% of the health of your teeth & gums is what you do at home to care for yourself.
Yet your website says you treat children's ear infections, ADD, and bedwetting, among others, with chiropractic treatments. If you're not evidence based in that portion of your practice, it makes me skeptical about the simple "PT-esque" treatments.

Old 06-15-2017, 01:37 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 219
Niced 2,824 Times in 1,734 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BionicRib View Post
Chalk up another piriformis syndrome issue here. Went from 953 to 923 in a year. Lost about 50to60ft on distance, but some days I can throw like I used to with no pain. Nobody seems to have an answer as to how to fix it. Took a year off....felt great and now it's back. Anybody have the miracle solution?
Better form.
Old 06-15-2017, 01:43 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 8
Courses Played: 81
Niced 12 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Maybe its not piriformis syndrome. If a medical professional doesnt know what is causing radicular LE symptoms, the usually call it sciatica or piriformis syndrome, or both.
Old 06-15-2017, 02:03 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder22 View Post
Better form.
I agree to the extent of whether or not bracing properly does or does not cause similar problems . Got any clinical evidence on that?
Old 06-15-2017, 02:07 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 47.8
Courses Played: 60
Niced 367 Times in 203 Posts

I believe the proper place here for this thread would be under 'Ask me anything' in the 'water cooler'
Old 06-15-2017, 02:14 PM
* Ace Member *

My major issue would be not figuring out exactly how to keep the front knee bent through out the process. My right leg would stay straight and my right knee will lock straight at the hit and follow through. Had a doctor look at it and he was surprised I had no knee problems. Since the issues started with my piriformis there are times where my plant foot hardly turns at all. After looking at older videos of myself I never had that issue. I'm thinking that when this injury surfaced I started to shift my weight too far forward so that the pain from bracing fully would go away. Either way now my timing and bracing is a mess. When I go back to old habits I can throw well, but the pain and numbness is too much to bare so I compensate therefore my game suffers.

Old 06-15-2017, 03:36 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 219
Niced 2,824 Times in 1,734 Posts

Quote:
I agree to the extent of whether or not bracing properly does or does not cause similar problems . Got any clinical evidence on that?
Not really clinical evidence, but personal experience with a similar issue. Years ago I was having pain in the piriformis area and ended up taking six months off to help heal it, felt great starting back up and within two weeks back started having the same pain happen again. I figured it can't be from overuse and after self-analyzing I found that two related things were causing the pain, one was keeping the head down which lead to the other thing trying to push off the back leg too late through the brace and jamming things up. After I got my head up dynamically balanced and stacked and started getting back off my rear leg before bracing on the front leg again, it was like a miracle and instant relief. This is why I hate the advice of "keep your head down".