Old 07-29-2017, 10:16 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 12.6
Courses Played: 83
Niced 157 Times in 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockwell View Post
Perhaps Hobbs farms in nearby town. Houck designed with 4.6 stars. Or boundary waters. Haven't played these though to know if they can be stretched to challenge the best. Atlanta would allow for easy flight scheduling getting to the area. Might want to have it in sept or October due to heat.
Hobbs is blue level. Flyboy regular layout is also blue level. Viper flyboy layout could work, but it would never happen there because of crowds.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2017, 03:29 PM
Big Country

Years Playing: 28.5
Courses Played: 52
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 198 Times in 113 Posts

I know almost nothing of Canadian courses...any potential up there? Would be cool to have it in a different country but one that is still has easy access for U.S. players. Not xenophobic, but most of the top players are from the U.S.

A fair amount of Europeans come to Worlds and I dont see it being in Canada as an issue for them. Just spitballing here and I am open to both positive and negative feedback on this
Old 07-29-2017, 07:29 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 19.4
Courses Played: 134
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 38 Times in 18 Posts

Re: Madison, WI

I'm late to the party, and Tom has already addressed the key issue: gold-level courses. We have fantastic courses for a blue-to-low-gold-level championship .... hence why we bid for and hosted Am Worlds last year. We occasionally get some top pros at Mad City Open ... Cale Leiviska plays here regularly, MJ finished second to Cale last year, and Alex Geisinger won this year. Really strong field in 2015 with JohnE McCray beating the likes of Feldberg and Nikko. However, I don't think the courses are truly suited for Open at Pro Worlds. We have very few legit multi-shot holes ... no par 5s.

I was Assistant TD of Am Worlds last year, and President of Mad City Disc Golf for the six years prior to this one. I don't think there is much of an interest in doing a temp course / ball golf course design just to try and host something like Pro Worlds. Sure, we'd love to get a permanent course (or more!) with a gold or super-gold (black?) layout, but that may be more likely to happen on a private property than with any of our public park agency partners ... and would likely have to be a bit out of Madison for the required acreage to be financially feasible.

Overall, I think we're much more likely to host something like USWDGC or Selinkse Masters, rather than Pro Worlds.

Niced: (1)

Old 07-30-2017, 04:31 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 3
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 162 Times in 89 Posts

another one is Nashville.

there is already a disc golf course installed permanently on a golf course here that can vary to normal 9000ft to an even more epic 1100ft layout. nashville can be surprisingly windy (especially on golf courses).

https://youtu.be/ZbjMp_gak20

https://youtu.be/cSVRbPDqpm0

^the layout for the nashboro open was a two 18hole courses on one property. they can combine both into an even more epic one.

there are three great options for wooded courses: cedar hill and seven oaks has a par 61-62 9000ft+ layout options. and a new par 60 wooded course named Cane Ridge that is like playing in New england (wooded, elevation, epic).

all courses are 20min away from each other and within city limits so hotels, airports, travel is easy.