Old 09-15-2017, 03:09 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 20.7
Courses Played: 95
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 14 Times in 11 Posts

Used my lunch break to hit up play-it-again:

- didn't have a resistor. I guess I'll have to suck it up and order one. Sounds perfect.

- Amp and Volt both feel like good possibilities. I'll try and find them in White.

- Matrix - Nice disc. Wish it was in Neutron. Reminds me of a Midnight Buzzz.

- Axis - was surprised at dome on this one. Expected a flatter top.

- What's word on the Axiom Alias?

- Liked the feel of the Envy. Might be a better driving putter than the Atom.

- Didn't care for the Ion and Anode. Too much like a voodoo / wizard / challenger etc... I'd like to get away from that.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2017, 03:25 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 21
Niced 68 Times in 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobpaul81 View Post
Used my lunch break to hit up play-it-again:

- didn't have a resistor. I guess I'll have to suck it up and order one. Sounds perfect.

- Amp and Volt both feel like good possibilities. I'll try and find them in White.

- Matrix - Nice disc. Wish it was in Neutron. Reminds me of a Midnight Buzzz.

- Axis - was surprised at dome on this one. Expected a flatter top.

- What's word on the Axiom Alias?

- Liked the feel of the Envy. Might be a better driving putter than the Atom.

- Didn't care for the Ion and Anode. Too much like a voodoo / wizard / challenger etc... I'd like to get away from that.
other putter suggestions... atom, proxy, spin (understable), envy.... yes, i putt with an envy

alias is like a tick more stable (or claymore) buzzz ss or longer proxy. some understability, but mostly a neutral flier (for me anyway). fades if thrown on a hyzer. just a bit longer than the proxy (my max range is around 250 with proxy)

a theory is the understable compliment to the alias. thrown on a hyzer it will flip up and give a late turnover, steeper hyzer and it will flip flat and have small fade at end of flight. pretty good back hand roller too.

Niced: (1)

Old 09-16-2017, 03:04 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 20.7
Courses Played: 95
Niced 14 Times in 11 Posts

I went back to Endicott today - Was still fighting the Tesla - About halfway through, I switched to a 2 finger grip and dumped my run-up and could throw pretty accurate 350' from standstill. Some lateral movement to it. There's a footwork issue there that it's exposed - I blame 7 years of marriage preventing me from practicing - "Don't tell my wife." Anyway - had several tap in birdies in the second half of my round thanks to Tesla. If I can iron out my footwork, this will easily be a 380-400' control driver.

Are Tesla / Volt gonna overlap like Eagle / Teebird? If so, I'll stick with Tesla. Will be buying a Neutron. Since I like the Tesla for control straight - for flip, should I try amp or ____. Looks like Dave likes Insanity.

The Atom is already getting flippy. Base plastic not going to work. I'll order a Matrix and an Envy.