Old 02-14-2018, 02:29 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 22.5
Courses Played: 29
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 226 Times in 141 Posts

i replaced my 2 straight stable and overstable buzzz slots with wasps. after i cracked one of my wasps and the RDG gila was released, it was nearly identical to my overstable wasp but more consistent,a little more glide and a little more hss. i now bag a 180g RDG gila for the overstable slot, a 172 proto GILA for the straighter to mildly OS slight and now have to find a replacement for my seasoned wasp that cracked last week. i will be testing out the gateway prophecy and the black zombie crossbow, im certain one of those will fill that spot.

the RDG gila is a great mold though,large diameter,comfortable and very similar to the old sanny q sentinels. ive never had it perform poorly as a result to the wind. since the prophecy and crossbow both share the same gila bottom, i imagine i will like them both.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 02-14-2018, 03:28 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 44
Niced 666 Times in 389 Posts

It's funny, but it seems like something very similar to this thread pops up nearly every year. Seems like lots of people want to use Buzzzes like Rocs (same mold with discs in different stabilities to cover all mid-range lines). I can't really fault them for the approach (I tried to do it too at one point and created my own "most overstable Buzzz" thread). But it doesn't seem like the Buzzz was really designed for this approach. The Buzzz was designed to be a premium plastic mid that held its stability and flew a certain line consistently for a long time. Then they made the Wasp/Drone/Hornet/Comet/Buzzz SS/Buzzz OS to be premium mids to cover more overstable and understable lines.

If I went back to throwing Buzzzes, I think I would just accept that I needed at least 3 molds of mid in my bag, at least for a year or two until some Buzzzes broke in to cover understable shots. If you HAVE to find a Buzzz for more overstable lines, you're going to be doing this painful search for one periodically which probably just isn't worth it.

Niced: (3)
Old 02-14-2018, 03:41 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 183
Niced 673 Times in 446 Posts

Didn't Comet and Wasp pre-date the Buzzz? Point taken though. The Buzzz is a good premium plastic mid that is very versatile, but getting a "cycle" of 3 or more Buzzz's that each excel at a certain type of shot just doesn't seem as beneficial as with Rocs. Nevertheless, it's easy to justify bagging a Buzzz pair, and my mid lineup is a beefy and less beefy Buzzz plus a Comet. Maybe it's DGCR's fault, but I barely ever bag my Drone anymore.

Niced: (2)
Old 02-14-2018, 04:16 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 20
Niced 590 Times in 432 Posts

I wonder how the MD4 is shaping out? Could be a perfect option. From what I read the 4 was only slightly more OS than the 3. so not a big diff
Old 02-14-2018, 04:23 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 22.5
Courses Played: 29
Niced 226 Times in 141 Posts

md4 or a warrior is probably the best bet for a "beadless" ,overstable mold.

Last edited by booter; 02-14-2018 at 04:26 PM.
Old 02-14-2018, 05:20 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 27 Times in 17 Posts

I mean even Doss rolls US Buzzz, Straight Buzzz and Wasp for mids.

Old 02-14-2018, 05:51 PM

Courses Played: 63
Niced 8 Times in 5 Posts

You should try the ti flx buzzz from the 2015 worlds. You can find them pretty easily on the facebook pages and they're not marked up in price at all. For me, that's the most os buzzz. I would compare it to a bio verdict for my arm speed (I can get buzzzes to about 280-300'). I don't bother with a buzzz os, because with my arm speed, it's just a brick. Elite X, Elite Z, and Ti FLX buzzes go with a utility justice for my mids.
Old 02-14-2018, 08:09 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.4
Courses Played: 25
Niced 758 Times in 649 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgesummers View Post
I'm looking for a buzzz that for a 330-350 foot shot will go straight and fade out at the end. All the buzzzes I have love to go really straight at this distance. I have a buzzz is that I really like, but it's more of an overstable utility disc that goes hard left. I'm looking for a disc that fits between the two.

Has anyone thrown a sparkle buzzz? Also, I've been told that new glo buzzzes are pretty straight. Is that true?
I say a Buzz OS In least premium plastic and beat them in or is that too Overstable a disc?

Another disc that does the Straight to Fade Out is the Shark 3 in Champion plastic. It is a Overstable Buzz but not a OS Buzz the few times I tested my new Shark 3. Bonus it is beadles like a Buzz.

Last edited by Casey 1988; 02-14-2018 at 08:13 PM.
Old 02-14-2018, 08:44 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 115
Niced 198 Times in 102 Posts

Can confirm that ESP Swirly Buzzz is the most HSS of the hundred or so Buzzzes I've thrown. Really nice. Thanks to Howl for the rec.

Old 02-14-2018, 09:17 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 9
Niced 725 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddyboots View Post
Can confirm that ESP Swirly Buzzz is the most HSS of the hundred or so Buzzzes I've thrown. Really nice. Thanks to Howl for the rec.
I saw that recommendation as well and didn't realize that I had some lol, I ordered esp buzzes and they were unique in color on dgc, superbly stable dead straight with far more fade than any of my other buzzes(bugs and z)