Old 02-03-2019, 09:39 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,358 Times in 793 Posts

So the R-PRO has alot less glide and is more OS than the PRO. .

The flat PRO and a Blizzard is going in my bag. . when the flat Pro gets a little less OS after a few months i´m putting a fresh PRO in the bag.

So my goal is to have one beaten in PRO, one new PRO and one fresh Blizzard in my bag
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2019, 12:41 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 23
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 209 Times in 135 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
So the R-PRO has alot less glide and is more OS than the PRO. .

The flat PRO and a Blizzard is going in my bag. . when the flat Pro gets a little less OS after a few months i´m putting a fresh PRO in the bag.

So my goal is to have one beaten in PRO, one new PRO and one fresh Blizzard in my bag
Thank you for testing these. I think I am going to stick with Pro because my Berg has the glideless brick thing nailed down.

Here are my Pigs. I think I need to have my camera looked at because I couldn't get a clear picture. The Jelly Bean stamp is my current thrower. The one in the upper right is a teal metallic and lower left is a bronze stamp. Since I am OCD with my disc colors I use the stamp colors to tell me which disc is which. All are concave, but the Bronze stamp was a pop top when I first got it. The yellow stamp is my favorite.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg _DSC1179.jpg (94.8 KB, 186 views)

Niced: (1)
Old 02-03-2019, 12:57 PM
* Ace Member *

The Blizzard and R-PRO PIG is the most "glideless brick" i own. . .I can easily outdrive them with my K2 BERG

For me the PRO PIG is like a faster more OS BERG.

But the Blizzard PIG is pretty fun, i can throw it as hard as i can. . and it doesn´t go very far at all, and turns HARD left. . i like to throw it hard and low and let it skip around corners. . .the PRO do not skip like that at all
Old 02-03-2019, 01:18 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 20.5
Courses Played: 76
Niced 173 Times in 106 Posts

I have a few Factory Store “Stiff” Pro Pigs. I don’t bag one anymore. I went back to R-Pro. The R-Pro Pigs are more overstable. The R-Pro Pig is without a doubt the mid/putter I sidearm the most. I only bag flat/concave Pigs. That’s why I don’t bag any of my Blizzard Pigs, too much dome.

It’s nice to see some love for this mold. Not many people in my area seem to throw Pigs.
Old 02-03-2019, 02:00 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
The Blizzard and R-PRO PIG is the most "glideless brick" i own. . .I can easily outdrive them with my K2 BERG

For me the PRO PIG is like a faster more OS BERG.

But the Blizzard PIG is pretty fun, i can throw it as hard as i can. . and it doesn´t go very far at all, and turns HARD left. . i like to throw it hard and low and let it skip around corners. . .the PRO do not skip like that at all
I really like skip shots so I will probably have to pick one up then. I think it will be hard to find a purple Bliz Pig right now though.

I am currently reaching just shy of 200ft with my K1 and K3 Bergs (I don't have a K2.....yet). I can reach out to about 250ft with the Pig that is currently in the bag. The only thing with the Bergs so far, I really do not get much fade. I have heard that the K2s have more fade, so I need to try those.
Old 02-03-2019, 02:04 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscinFiend View Post
I have a few Factory Store “Stiff” Pro Pigs. I don’t bag one anymore. I went back to R-Pro. The R-Pro Pigs are more overstable. The R-Pro Pig is without a doubt the mid/putter I sidearm the most. I only bag flat/concave Pigs. That’s why I don’t bag any of my Blizzard Pigs, too much dome.

It’s nice to see some love for this mold. Not many people in my area seem to throw Pigs.
If any of those Pro Pigs are purple, and you are willing to part with them, we might have to set up a trade. I love R-Pro putters, and I need to give these a try. Do they ever start to turnover on you?
Old 02-03-2019, 02:43 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 20.5
Courses Played: 76
Niced 173 Times in 106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brockness Monster View Post
If any of those Pro Pigs are purple, and you are willing to part with them, we might have to set up a trade. I love R-Pro putters, and I need to give these a try. Do they ever start to turnover on you?
I actually only have Blue and Pink. I love purple. My Delta Cart is has a purple galaxy wrap. I didn’t get purple because I have too many purple discs in my bag as it is. I rarely throw the Pig backhand. The Stiff Pros don’t turn over for me. They just don’t fade as hard as my flat/puddle top R-Pros. I can trust the R-Pro in the wind more. I feel a lot more comfortable with the R-Pro on short tee drives off the tee. I parked a 250’ hole sidearm with my R-Pro Pig a few days ago. The tee shot was into a headwind. I wouldn’t trust a Stiff Pro Pig in that situation, they’re not beefy enough. The pro plastic the Stiff Pro Pigs comes in feels amazing though. They also all come flat/concave so that is a positive in my book.
Old 02-04-2019, 03:37 AM
* Ace Member *

Yes the R-PRO is way more OS than the PRO. . but thats grate, you can have one PRO and one R-pro ( or Blixzzard ) to cover most ov your short shots.

Old 02-26-2019, 01:37 PM
Eagle Member

So now that Ricky is throwing a Pro Pig, assuming it stays in the bag, how long before we get a color glow champ Pig? A man can dream right.

Niced: (2)

Old 02-26-2019, 04:05 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 211 Times in 101 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brockness Monster View Post
So now that Ricky is throwing a Pro Pig, assuming it stays in the bag, how long before we get a color glow champ Pig? A man can dream right.
I'm crossing my fingers for a Tour Series Splatter Star Pig. That would be amazing.