Old 03-24-2019, 02:30 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.5
Courses Played: 67
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 223 Times in 107 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
Do the premium plastic p2 mold up the same as baseline? Looking at c-line, s-line or c-line glow as an overstable driving putter/approach. I like the fee of baseline p2 but from my experience aviar variations tend to be domier/feel deeper in their premium counterparts.
They vary for sure. The sky god 2s are flatter, but I have had domey and flat S-line. Pretty much every c-line I have had experience with has been on the domier side.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2019, 03:47 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3
Niced 217 Times in 144 Posts

Yes, S-Line P2 feels deeper than D-Line P2.
Old 04-01-2019, 05:30 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 15.6
Courses Played: 24
Niced 709 Times in 291 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishballer06 View Post
It is Innova's problem, not Discmania's. Clearly Jussi is somewhat tired of being under Innova's control, because he's now having two other manufacturers make discs for him so that he can better meet the demand of his customers.

Regardless of your opinion of their swirls, I've seen (and own) plenty of beautiful, bright swirly discs manufactured by Innova/DM. But I'll agree, there are plenty that are rather bland in between the real stunning one's.
Production assemblies being closer to consumers reduces cost and increases potential profit margin. EU players have long complained about lack of availability of popular molds. I see this as a direct way to expand reach (especially in the Chinese market which will EXPLODE over the next decade). If I could buy DM stock I would drop 20% of my portfolio into it right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
Do the premium plastic p2 mold up the same as baseline? Looking at c-line, s-line or c-line glow as an overstable driving putter/approach. I like the fee of baseline p2 but from my experience aviar variations tend to be domier/feel deeper in their premium counterparts.
Premium plastic is all slightly deeper. P-Line being the most shallow disc (you might want to snag one of these for a "thrower" they are great for upshots and less OS duties off the tee. D-Line beats up even faster obviously.

C-Line, especially the first 2 runs of Sky Gods feel extra bulky in the hand, really fill out the knuckles compared to the other runs. They are the most OS as well. Regular C-Line are so rare now I haven't even seen one for sale anywhere in years. S-Line are straighter, some slightly domey, some flat. They feel good, and are a good middle ground between C-Line and D-Line. Glow C-Line I have no experience with. Luster C-line are the deepest feeling, you need gigantic hands for them to feel like a P2 (in my opinion, average sized hands here).

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusch_bag View Post
They vary for sure. The sky god 2s are flatter, but I have had domey and flat S-line. Pretty much every c-line I have had experience with has been on the domier side.
Agree but I wouldn't call them "domey" the C-Line just have a higher shoulder than the rest of the runs. I've only seen an S-Line with an actual dome (middle of disc higher than top of shoulder). The shoulder on the P2 is rounded so it extends in towards the middle of the disc a little ways.
Old 04-08-2019, 09:49 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.5
Courses Played: 32
Niced 515 Times in 319 Posts

Are the 'Stiff P-Line's basically KC Pro plastic? I blindly ordered two today in my ever revolving quest for the right putter.

DiscBaron has a bunch with that cool Colorado/California stamp.
Old 04-08-2019, 10:44 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 15.6
Niced 709 Times in 291 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stable View Post
Are the 'Stiff P-Line's basically KC Pro plastic? I blindly ordered two today in my ever revolving quest for the right putter.

DiscBaron has a bunch with that cool Colorado/California stamp.
Yes basically, they used to just call them p-line but after a successful 2nd release of the soft p-line they added the stiff name to help people know which is which. They might actually take longer to beat in than KC. My main putting putters are practically new after using them for 2 seasons. I don’t throw them though.
Old 04-11-2019, 05:54 PM
* Ace Member *

Just got my Stiff P-Line P2's. The engraving on the bottom flight plate says 'P-LINE P2'. Does Discmania label all their P-Line (soft, stiff, regular) this way or will they engrave them differently?

I know they will say on the standard stamps but these have that Colorado/California stamp. They feel just slightly softer than my Tour Aviars & aren't as slick. These P2's feel great.
Old 04-12-2019, 09:44 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 1.5
Courses Played: 17
Niced 47 Times in 38 Posts

Quote:
Just got my Stiff P-Line P2's. The engraving on the bottom flight plate says 'P-LINE P2'. Does Discmania label all their P-Line (soft, stiff, regular) this way or will they engrave them differently?

I know they will say on the standard stamps but these have that Colorado/California stamp. They feel just slightly softer than my Tour Aviars & aren't as slick. These P2's feel great.
The new P2's are now embossed on the bottom (D and P line that I've seen). From my understanding, Stiff P is the same as the old P line that we're all accustomed to. With the popularity of the soft P line, they renamed the standard P line to Stiff P line so that people can more easily tell the difference between soft or stiff.
Old 04-12-2019, 09:51 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.5
Niced 87 Times in 58 Posts

The Sky God 2 is a bit of an enigma. It is quite overstable but has typical P2 glide. When I throw it hard (320'+), it will dip the left shoulder but never really "get to the ground" and just keep gliding. My other S-lines will stay straight (no turn) then start to hyzer. It's a bit odd.

I also agree they feel a bit "clunky" in the hand, compared to older S-lines. The older ones feel more like P3s. Strange.
Old 04-12-2019, 01:33 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishballer06 View Post
The new P2's are now embossed on the bottom (D and P line that I've seen). From my understanding, Stiff P is the same as the old P line that we're all accustomed to. With the popularity of the soft P line, they renamed the standard P line to Stiff P line so that people can more easily tell the difference between soft or stiff.
Thanks. That explanation helps. How soft are the 'soft p-line'? Is the flight plate real gummy or no? If I commit to the P2 ( which is likely) I'd like a softer one for when winter comes around again.

Old 04-12-2019, 02:19 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 20.5
Courses Played: 76
Niced 173 Times in 106 Posts

Quote:
Thanks. That explanation helps. How soft are the 'soft p-line'? Is the flight plate real gummy or no? If I commit to the P2 ( which is likely) I'd like a softer one for when winter comes around again.
Id recommend D-Line or X-Line for winter golf. If you like (Stiff) P-Line then I bet the (Soft) P-Line would be to flexible for your liking. The D and X are still grippy but not as flexible as the (Soft) P-Line.