Old 07-16-2019, 01:18 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 12
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 940 Times in 514 Posts

Good question, I love ESP plastic and currently bag a pre-Mcbeth swirly ESP that's firm and slightly more stable than normal. It replaced the liberty sparkle Z I'd bagged for over a year. I have a sunking stamped glo Z that's sweet too. Gotta say my favorite is probably the sparkle Z, beats in a little different than regular Z and I love the feel.

I really think there's very little difference in flight between the plastics off the shelf. That's one of the beauties about the Buzzz.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 07-16-2019, 01:54 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.4
Courses Played: 25
Niced 759 Times in 650 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
i stocked up on esp flx before they went oop

and now i barely throw any buzzes at all lololol
Yeah but a the time I was Using the Stingray So I was not concerned But my brother was, getting two disc in the FLX as he had the Buzz In the ESP FLX plastic as his midrange for a very short period of 2 seasons before switching to the Impact as a fairway midrange disc rather then just between midrange and fairway driver when he had the Buzz in the bag.

I now Currently use the Shark 3 175 as my midrange disc. From lineup of Innova discs the Shark 3 is closest to a Buzz in terms of feel but a flight more of that to of a bead less ROC. I use the Shark 3 due to the Star Shark 175 grams used as an very very short midrange to approach disc from 35-40 feet on out for its main function though driving putter slot is also highly used for the Star Shark and windy day putter is occasionally used.

Old 07-16-2019, 02:06 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,374 Times in 798 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowLegs View Post
I’ve been trying out the new rubber blend. Super straight, like 0,0 for me. I love the feel, like the good ok’ form Vibrams. They just need to get some decent colors.

Also thumbs up for the McBeth ESP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is the Rubber blend really the same blend as in the Proto LUNA? Discraft ( and Paul ) said they could not get any more of that Blend so they changed if for the first runs Lunas
Old 07-16-2019, 02:12 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,179 Times in 1,605 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
Is the Rubber blend really the same blend as in the Proto LUNA? Discraft ( and Paul ) said they could not get any more of that Blend so they changed if for the first runs Lunas
I believe the pre-Luna "Paul McBeth Prototype" was that excellent blend you're thinking of. It still doesn't hold logic with me that Discraft would use a plastic that they say they can't duplicate (what if McBeth said he loved it and demanded more?!?). I have one of those pre-Lunas, and they are sweet putters (out of my paw, anyway).

I think, but am not totally sure, that the "Jawbreaker Rubber" blend is what they made the more recent Lunas in...
Old 07-16-2019, 02:15 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.4
Courses Played: 25
Niced 759 Times in 650 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
I believe the pre-Luna "Paul McBeth Prototype" was that excellent blend you're thinking of. It still doesn't hold logic with me that Discraft would use a plastic that they say they can't duplicate (what if McBeth said he loved it and demanded more?!?). I have one of those pre-Lunas, and they are sweet putters (out of my paw, anyway).

I think, but am not totally sure, that the "Jawbreaker Rubber" blend is what they made the more recent Lunas in...
Yeah it was similar blend from the Proto Luna to the Production Luna plastic. From what I can see of the discs the Proto plastic looks more shiny.
Old 07-16-2019, 02:22 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,374 Times in 798 Posts

i use the Paul McBeth Prototype as my main putter, a really BAD idea as i can΄t get any more . . i just think it feels better than the LUNAs
I need to try the Rubber blend Buzzz then. . but it will probably not last very long in that type of plastic
Old 07-16-2019, 02:35 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 407 Times in 142 Posts

If I closed my eyes I wouldn’t be able to tell the difference between my TI (which is lost out of state, RIP) and my ESP McBuzzz. Same feel in the hand. Same flight as well, straight with solid fade unless I really lay into it with a forehand, then I can get a bit of a hyzer flip to flat.
Old 07-16-2019, 02:55 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 46
Niced 4,189 Times in 1,754 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwalk77 View Post
It is a bit surprising for as popular as the Buzzz is, isn't it?
He was being facetious...it's been done many times already.

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forum...=buzzz+plastic

Niced: (3)
Old 07-16-2019, 03:41 PM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 7
Niced 23 Times in 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets View Post
He was being facetious...it's been done many times already.
I was too. Thanks for the links, but I was looking for more up-to-date feedback since plastics change from year to year

Old 07-16-2019, 06:13 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 528 Times in 337 Posts

McBeth ESP seems to be a good choice lately, very Buzzzy.

My biggest concern is that I get one that molded up well - I've had some Z and BigZ over the years with gnarly overbite - like the top half of the mold didn't fit super well over the bottom or something. Only smooth discs for these soft hands, thank you!