Old 07-25-2019, 08:49 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 15
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 464 Times in 281 Posts

Got a throw in the dark Ontario glow DX recently.

Why the heck didn’t anyone tell me an Ontario flies like a beat rancho?! It’s freaking perfect for the straight slot right away and I’m sure will beat in to perfect flippiness. Not that different from a comet really, but feels like a roc
Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2019, 10:05 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 24
Niced 497 Times in 287 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicGuy View Post
Just stopped by to say the DX Roc3X is the best midrange ever. Maybe time will temper that enthusiasm, but for right now I feel it.
I keep getting tempted to give up my mids as they are now for Rocs but have always figured KC.
Do the numbers for the DX hold true for these guys? I really would like something that starts out with more fade, and how long will it hold that? Would this be a fast cycle in the DX?
Old 07-25-2019, 10:35 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 559 Times in 297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putt for D'oh View Post
I really would like something that starts out with more fade, and how long will it hold that? Would this be a fast cycle in the DX?
It is like an old USDGC roc molded in DX with the glide of DX. I dont know about long term cycling yet but right now the stability is holding good and wear is going into glide.
Old 07-25-2019, 10:36 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 559 Times in 297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirtydirtybirds View Post

Why the heck didnt anyone tell me an Ontario flies like a beat rancho?! Its freaking perfect for the straight slot right away and Im sure will beat in to perfect flippiness. Not that different from a comet really, but feels like a roc
Because Sannys were always better at all of that. Ontarios were the middle child.
Old 07-26-2019, 10:09 AM
Pandamonium Discs

Years Playing: 13.5
Courses Played: 171
Niced 726 Times in 333 Posts

Quote:

Why the heck didnt anyone tell me an Ontario flies like a beat rancho?! Its freaking perfect for the straight slot right away and Im sure will beat in to perfect flippiness. Not that different from a comet really, but feels like a roc
I thought it was pretty common knowledge that Rancho are the most OS, then San Marino then Ontario being around straight.

Niced: (1)
Old 07-26-2019, 11:06 AM
Salient Disc Test Team

Years Playing: 14.7
Courses Played: 214
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 1,411 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:

They're the best kept secret in Roc-dom. If you really want your mind blown, try one in Star plastic...
Old 07-26-2019, 11:22 AM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 24.9
Courses Played: 135
Niced 2,467 Times in 897 Posts

Quote:

Why the heck didn’t anyone tell me an Ontario flies like a beat rancho?! It’s freaking perfect for the straight slot right away and I’m sure will beat in to perfect flippiness. Not that different from a comet really, but feels like a roc
Fun fact: The Comet is a Roc copy, but it came out in 1995. What Roc was THE Roc in 1995? The Ontario.

Ontario Rocs and Z Comets are reeeaaalllyyy close in flight. Like so close my weaksauce arm can't tell the difference.
Old 07-26-2019, 11:46 AM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 7.9
Courses Played: 73
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 1,030 Times in 671 Posts

The Comet feels very Roc like, but a little bulkier is that makes sense. That bulky wing made it harder for me to grip. In the rare event I throw a less stable mid the more svelte Piwakawaka or Warship are my cup of tea. Lately just a thrashed Bard does the trick though.
Old 07-26-2019, 11:55 AM
*Super Moderator*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose33 View Post
The Comet feels very Roc like, but a little bulkier is that makes sense. That bulky wing made it harder for me to grip. In the rare event I throw a less stable mid the more svelte Piwakawaka or Warship are my cup of tea. Lately just a thrashed Bard does the trick though.
There are a lot of disc names here that are not Comet or Roc so I'm just going to say you are wrong and move on with my day.

Old 07-26-2019, 12:14 PM
*Super Moderator*

Actually I have a legit problem. I can't put great feeling Rocs in my bag.

Example one: I used to run an Ice Bowl so when I ordered discs for that I'd just get a KC Roc for myself. The 2012 Ice Bowl Roc feels like a bullet in my hand; it's a sweet, sweet feeling Roc. One of the best feeling Rocs I've ever picked up. I was really excited to get a Roc that felt that good; DX Rocs at the time were pretty iffy. At the time I was getting to the end of the 11X KC's I had and a guy I knew REALLY wanted the 11X I was throwing; I figured life was short and traded it to him. I mean, I had that sweet Ice Bowl KC right? Went down to the stash and somehow talked myself into putting the 2011 Ice Bowl KC Roc in my bag. When it was getting beat in those yellow puddle top 12X KC Pros were out and I put one of those in the bag. Then I hurt my arm and threw Comets for a long time, switched back to Rocs and when I needed a new KC put another 12X in the bag...FOR GOD'S SAKE I'VE HAD THAT ROC FOR 7 1/2 YEARS AND I'VE NEVER THROWN IT ONCE!!!

So my KC was getting a little beat in and instead of FINALLY getting that KC Pro in the bag I decided to throw a Champ Roc in and see if I could ever find a spot for those. I had two to choose from; one felt great and the other one was a little domey. I'm throwing the domey one.

I need help.

Niced: (1)