Old 05-02-2019, 02:54 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,384 Times in 800 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stable View Post
I've got such a healthy supply of unthrown Stalkers I really shouldn't care but more players should be bagging it. I was really hoping that one of the Pauls would give it a try & revive some attention on a great mold.

I do find it odd that DC doesn't have anything in that Teebird stability. Something on the same spot speedwise as the Stalker but a couple of clicks left above the BuzzzOS.
I use a Ti Undertaker for that spot. . But the Tracker is closer to a TeeBird.

But for me the Ti Undertaker and Raptor cover that spot just fine
Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2019, 03:04 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,384 Times in 800 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Howl View Post
I don't...but I'd wait for the Presnell Tour Series:
I think the new Tour series will be a HUGE boost for DRONE sales, the DRONE was definitely the biggest surprise of the Tour Series discs

Niced: (1)
Old 05-02-2019, 03:14 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.4
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 759 Times in 650 Posts

Quote:
I've got such a healthy supply of unthrown Stalkers I really shouldn't care but more players should be bagging it. I was really hoping that one of the Pauls would give it a try & revive some attention on a great mold. (Me Too)

I do find it odd that DC doesn't have anything in that Teebird stability. Something on the same spot speedwise as the Stalker but a couple of clicks left above the BuzzzOS. (Me Too)
The Stalker is more like a tad less stable Teebird almost like a flat top Champion Eagle. Yeah I have 6 at the weight I want and with how long the Z plastic lasts I am covered till I find a disc I like for this shot in the future. I think the Undertaker is supposed to be this disc but the speed is like a slow distance disc making the disc more like a tad less OS Thunderbird. The XL was in Z and ESP like a TeeBird but the Z was a tad S shape in the flight line compared to the ESP that flew the way a Z Stalker flies just more dumpy fade at the end making it more like a Thunderbird then the Z model, Still have ESP in the bag and my old Elite Z XL got too flippy in the S shape flight last year so I tried a Stalker and that is an amazing disc.
Old 05-02-2019, 08:56 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.2
Courses Played: 91
Niced 1,113 Times in 563 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
The Stalker is more like a tad less stable Teebird almost like a flat top Champion Eagle.
Flat top champ eagles are way overstable, almost like a champ banshee. So, the stalker is nothing like that at all.

In other news:
Put a flx zone and z zone back in my bag. Happy with that change so far. The breaker has a great flight, but my forehand still isn't 100% clean on every single throw where I don't get a little bit of torque on it sometimes. That's not good with the breaker, since it's not as torque resistant as a zone. Or maybe it's the bead on it? Either way, I think in the long term the zone is the better choice for me.
Old 05-02-2019, 09:18 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 46
Niced 4,192 Times in 1,755 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Putt View Post
I know this is the DCraft thread and all, but the only disc I can actually think about replacing Cyclones with are Eagles. Nothing else really gives me that controlled S flight the Cyclone was so great at.

I'm never going to run out of Cyclones, though.
That's fair...if only Innova hadn't forgotten how to make good Eagles...
Old 05-02-2019, 10:48 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.2
Courses Played: 91
Niced 1,113 Times in 563 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets View Post
That's fair...if only Innova hadn't forgotten how to make good Eagles...
DX Eagles are still good. But the DX plastic these days is really lacking

Niced: (1)
Old 05-02-2019, 11:04 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 221 Times in 108 Posts

Quote:
Buzzz #'s of 5|4|-1|1 are fair but I'm using a heavy glow Z Buzzz that's every bit of 5|4|0|2 right now. All relative to what plastic & weight.

Anyone using Big Z Drones? I've got a Z right now & love it. Would like to know how the Big Z's compare.
Big Z is a tick less stable than the Z. ESP Flx is more stable than the Z from what I can remember.

It's been a year since I thrown them. I want some a bit more stable so I started using a Justice but I am thinking of moving back to the Drone but it just seems a bit redundant when I am bagging a Buzz OS and Zone.
Old 05-02-2019, 11:09 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.5
Courses Played: 16
Niced 180 Times in 96 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoney View Post
I think discraft just won the swirl wars with the tour series discs.

What they are doing with the esp plastic is crazy

I'm personally not much of a fan of the pinwheel / burst style swirls. I like the natural, asymmetrical swirls, even if they are prone to resulting in a few duds now and again. The Swirls in the latest runs of Forces and proto Kongs were pretty amazing, tbh.

Niced: (2)
Old 05-02-2019, 12:43 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.5
Courses Played: 32
Niced 515 Times in 319 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcinmd View Post
Big Z is a tick less stable than the Z. ESP Flx is more stable than the Z from what I can remember.

It's been a year since I thrown them. I want some a bit more stable so I started using a Justice but I am thinking of moving back to the Drone but it just seems a bit redundant when I am bagging a Buzz OS and Zone.
I dropped the Zone because I use the almighty Berg so much. Even though the Drone is a little more OS than a BOS I find it easier to control. Drone seems a little bit slower & glidier than the BOS's I've used.

I think I'll have to set aside my prejiduce about swirly's & get a tour series ESP. Hopefully it's that stiffer beefy ESP I've gotten with some of my newer Buzzz's.

Last edited by Stable; 05-02-2019 at 12:46 PM.

Old 05-02-2019, 02:47 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 9
Niced 102 Times in 79 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twmccoy View Post
The Kong I have is more overstable than most Nukes I've seen. Nukes seem to have some variance. Some are really beefy and glideless. Others will flip up and hold an anny line for a while. Very seldom will you ever see a really flippy Nuke.

My Kong is just pure beef. I'd put it in the realm of a Force in terms of overstability. I've seen very few Nukes as overstable as this particular Kong. Granted, it sounds like the Kong has some stability variance too.
This is probably what it comes down to. I posted in the Kong thread how none of my Kongs came out as beefy as I was expecting. From that thread, it seems like there is variance. I recall when I threw nukes they were beefy. Oh wide rimmed drivers.