Old 07-21-2011, 06:13 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 9
Niced 76 Times in 49 Posts
Default European open 2011

the course is new and evil. The locals wont have much of a advantage on it. The live scores are here : http://opendiscgolf.com/en/scoring . I have two guys from my club competing there, will be interesting to follow.

For the americans this is probably not that exciting, just another major. But for europe this is pretty much the biggest tournament we can have here. I am looking forward to the video coverage and realy excited about who will win here ( I bet it will be a american ^^)
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2011, 06:14 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.6
Courses Played: 21
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

BIG Av FTW
Old 07-21-2011, 02:41 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.1
Courses Played: 46
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I disagree with you smigles. its a big deal to me anyways! haha. i was hoping there would be some live coverage of it. Hopefully someone films it and puts it up like someone did for the Scandinavian open.
Old 07-21-2011, 03:11 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 15.5
Courses Played: 109
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

im pretty sure discoglfplanet.tv will be giving live coverage?? maybe? i thought i heard that...time difference could be a problem
Old 07-21-2011, 03:12 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 15.5
Courses Played: 109
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smigles View Post
the course is new and evil. The locals wont have much of a advantage on it. The live scores are here : http://opendiscgolf.com/en/scoring . I have two guys from my club competing there, will be interesting to follow.

For the americans this is probably not that exciting, just another major. But for europe this is pretty much the biggest tournament we can have here. I am looking forward to the video coverage and realy excited about who will win here ( I bet it will be a american ^^)

What do you mean just another major??!!!?!?! there are only 3! this is the biggest tournament of the year besides worlds seeing as how usdgc is on break !! this is certainly a big deal...to be crowned the European Champion!
Old 07-21-2011, 03:36 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 86
Niced 77 Times in 49 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony Cantow View Post
What do you mean just another major??!!!?!?! there are only 3! this is the biggest tournament of the year besides worlds seeing as how usdgc is on break !! this is certainly a big deal...to be crowned the European Champion!
There is also the PDGA Championship
Old 07-21-2011, 03:37 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.1
Courses Played: 46
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

yeah, i'd count worlds as a big deal haha. im not sure of discgolfplanet.tv is. it doesn't really say they are on their site, just the presidents cup which was botched. i guess ill find out tomorrow!
Old 07-21-2011, 03:52 PM
Eagle Member

discgolfplanet.tv is broadcasting the European Open. However, the broadcast today was pitiful to say the least. All they showed were players driving on #1 but they may show the lead card tomorrow. Thats what im hoping at least
Old 07-21-2011, 05:35 PM
Suffers from Delusions of Grandeur

Years Playing: 18.1
Courses Played: 192
Niced 4 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevetclark View Post
discgolfplanet.tv is broadcasting the European Open. However, the broadcast today was pitiful to say the least. All they showed were players driving on #1 but they may show the lead card tomorrow. Thats what im hoping at least
"uh oh. shame on you for criticizing them. tsk tsk. you think you can do better? who else is out there doing it?...blah...blah...blah"
i said some similar things in the chat window about being disappointed in the coverage and the coverage of the KC after the memorial and others were such a huge improvement. and then i was attacked for saying it. MNDG (whoever that is) especially was a tool about it.
ive personally donated a couple hundred dollars to them, especially this year, because i could see that it was being invested in better production. so as a contributor i expect(ed) more. and there are many like me as well.

oh and to MNDG, i know you were busy wallowing in your own self satisfaction to understand this. but, if i (and/or others) had the resources and people giving us money to do it. I(we) could do a better job than that, consistently. but that was scoffed at by the typically chat room morons and sheeple. bah bah bah you dolts.

Old 07-21-2011, 06:10 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smyith View Post
"uh oh. shame on you for criticizing them. tsk tsk. you think you can do better? who else is out there doing it?...blah...blah...blah"
i said some similar things in the chat window about being disappointed in the coverage and the coverage of the KC after the memorial and others were such a huge improvement. and then i was attacked for saying it. MNDG (whoever that is) especially was a tool about it.
ive personally donated a couple hundred dollars to them, especially this year, because i could see that it was being invested in better production. so as a contributor i expect(ed) more. and there are many like me as well.

oh and to MNDG, i know you were busy wallowing in your own self satisfaction to understand this. but, if i (and/or others) had the resources and people giving us money to do it. I(we) could do a better job than that, consistently. but that was scoffed at by the typically chat room morons and sheeple. bah bah bah you dolts.
Did u say anything in the chat window today?