Old 08-02-2011, 10:56 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 21.5
Courses Played: 92
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post
Default LTC Cleveland 4th annual Ace Race/2nd Ace Revenge

WHEN: Sunday, September 11, 2011, at 11:00 a.m.

WHERE: LTC Cleveland DGC, Cleveland, WI

COST: Ace Race -- $25, Ace Revenge -- $10 (MUST BE PRE-REGISTERED BY AUGUST 26 FOR ACE RACE)

FORMAT: Ace Race is TWO rounds of 18 holes on a shortened version of the course (all holes will be less than 200 feet, or a reasonable reachable distance for all skill levels). Every player must use the 2 discs included in their player’s pack, with the goal of trying to score as many “Aces” (hole-in-one) as possible. The winner will receive a Discraft disc golf bag stuffed full of premium discs! Ace Revenge is ONE round of 18 holes playing the same layout as the Ace Race, but players can use any 3 discs of their own, and everyone will get to use all 3 discs on every hole! The winner of the Ace Revenge will receive a custom heavy-duty portable disc golf basket valued at nearly $200.

PACKAGE: Every Ace Race player’s pack will include two (2) prototype Discraft discs (in previous years this has typically been a midrange or putter), as well as a mini disc, a sticker, and new for this year—a disc golf bag that holds 6-8 discs! That’s more than $50 of stuff for only $25! There is no player’s pack for Ace Revenge, just another chance to attack the short course with your own trusty discs (or the Ace Race discs if you choose)!

DIVISIONS: No divisions, no brackets, no age protections…this is NOT a tournament, but a FUN EVENT FOR ALL AGES AND SKILL LEVELS! In previous years we have awarded prizes to beginners and experienced players alike, including children! The focus is more on having fun and cheering for your friends rather than competition, so bring the whole family!

HOW TO REGISTER: Fill out and mail back the official registration form (contact jhgonzo here or by e-mail at jhgonzo@yahoo.com), or pay via PayPal (use “gift” option to avoid either of us incurring unnecessary fees).

Registration for the Ace Race MUST BE RECEIVED BY AUGUST 26 to guarantee a spot! Pre-registration for Ace Revenge is not required (you can wait until the day of to decide if you want to play), but certainly appreciated. Mail forms to: Jason Hoffmann, 1149 West Madison, Cleveland, WI 53015. Send PayPal payments (include player names!) to: jhgonzo@yahoo.com.

Call Jason for any questions, comments, concerns at (920) 782-4012 or message me here at jhgonzo. I can e-mail the form to you if needed.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2011, 07:15 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

It's possible that we'll have a brat fry or cookout of some type, and I'm thinking of doing optional side games like a PP360 contest (like a $5 entry, best 3 scores getting the 100% payout), maybe some Kan Jam if I can find another set besides my own. Working on getting sponsors (contact me if you're interested in this regard), but I've been slacking on promotion at area courses this year due to some constraints.
Old 08-25-2011, 02:53 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Our friends from Adroit Disc Sports will be our on-site vendor for the day! It sounds like there's quite a bit of interest in a Kan Jam competition; we'll have my official set, and joelw23 is bringing his homemade set (can't wait to see it!). Got a few sponsors lined up for runner-up prizes (Widye, Bonde's Quik Mart), and still waiting on whether or not the Cleveland Athletic Club will be doing a brat fry for all you omnivores.

Registration deadline is tomorrow!!!
Old 08-26-2011, 04:18 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

ANNOUNCEMENT:

The Ace Revenge will now be known as the "Gateway Ace Revenge." The Revenge format will be the same, but players now have the option of buying the Gateway upgrade for an additional $10, and there WILL be a player pack to go along with it. Everyone who upgrades will get a Wizard putter and some other stuff, and will also have a chance to not only win the portable basket we've become known for, but a portable Gateway Bullseye Target as well! We will also have CTP prizes consisting of the prototype Slayer and lots of other stuff!

Today (08/26) is the registration deadline for the Ace Race, but if you want to show up and play the Revenge for $20, it'll be worth it! Let me know if you have any questions!
Old 08-26-2011, 04:20 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.7
Courses Played: 22
Throwing Style: LHFH
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via MSN to Skankin77

Dang already the deadline, I'm hurt on cash at the moment and dont know what im doing that weekend..i wanna come out though!
Old 09-12-2011, 07:27 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Ace Race only footage (Revenge was too busy to focus on filming!) on hole #1 (using basket of #6 plus two portable baskets in a tight cluster) and hole #18 (ending at what is normally #5).

Old 09-12-2011, 09:19 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 18
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

sorry for the noob question, but what is an ace revenge?

Old 09-12-2011, 10:48 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowren24 View Post
sorry for the noob question, but what is an ace revenge?
It's something I made up to complement my Ace Race last year, so no worries about not hearing about it...but maybe it'll take off and become a common ace-themed event! Just a little event to ride on the coattails of the Ace Race, an excuse for everyone to attack the shortened course with their own discs and win some baskets and discs...it was a TON of fun this year, definitely the most fun I've had as a TD! And I didn't even play 'cause I wanted to make sure everyone else enjoyed the event and didn't have to wait on me.