Old 02-26-2019, 11:32 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 691 Times in 544 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
Is there or was there ever such a thing as a Destroyer-L? That would be a good one for something I'd like to see one day....
Closest you'd get to this would probably be a Teedevil. The Teedevil seemed to be a hair flippier than a Destroyer. Same speed and glide. I think the Teedevil is -2 high speed turn.

If you want a flippier Destroyer I'd just get a G* Destroyer. They turn over more than regular stars or champions.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 02-26-2019, 11:56 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,179 Times in 1,605 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twmccoy View Post
Closest you'd get to this would probably be a Teedevil. The Teedevil seemed to be a hair flippier than a Destroyer. Same speed and glide. I think the Teedevil is -2 high speed turn.

If you want a flippier Destroyer I'd just get a G* Destroyer. They turn over more than regular stars or champions.
I have a couple of Teedevils (found one of them). They're okay discs, but have those 'destrulcan' tops that are pretty unloved.

And don't you know that I don't like GStar at all?

I do have a lightweight Pro Destroyer that does well for me in the wind. And I have a DX Destroyer that also does pretty well for me. I avoid McBeth Destroyers... my wrist starts feeling twisted the moment I pick one up in my hand...

I was asking about the Destroyer-L out of curiosity if that had ever been tried..
Old 02-27-2019, 12:18 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 2
Niced 425 Times in 311 Posts

Quote:
I have a couple of Teedevils (found one of them). They're okay discs, but have those 'destrulcan' tops that are pretty unloved.

And don't you know that I don't like GStar at all?

I do have a lightweight Pro Destroyer that does well for me in the wind. And I have a DX Destroyer that also does pretty well for me. I avoid McBeth Destroyers... my wrist starts feeling twisted the moment I pick one up in my hand...

I was asking about the Destroyer-L out of curiosity if that had ever been tried..
I'd say the Ricky Destroyers (the flat winged ones) are the closest to a Destroyer-L that has ever been produced, except the TeeDevil, and maybe the Scorpius might count, if your comparing against the early McBeth BEEFCAKES.
Old 02-27-2019, 12:28 AM
Snowflake

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVSMGS18 View Post
I'd say the Ricky Destroyers (the flat winged ones) are the closest to a Destroyer-L that has ever been produced, except the TeeDevil, and maybe the Scorpius might count, if your comparing against the early McBeth BEEFCAKES.
That was the impression I got from the recent videos showing the Wysocki Destroyer, that they were L-wing-'ish'.

And like the Pro Starfire is the Starfire-L (SL), it'd be fun if they made some Destroyer-Ls in Pro plastic...

Old 02-27-2019, 12:39 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 2
Niced 425 Times in 311 Posts

Quote:
That was the impression I got from the recent videos showing the Wysocki Destroyer, that they were L-wing-'ish'.

And like the Pro Starfire is the Starfire-L (SL), it'd be fun if they made some Destroyer-Ls in Pro plastic...
They probably exist. My GStars are, and the DX that I've seen all have been really close to flat, if not slightly convex. My last Pro DS was as close to a numbers flying DS as you can get, and refused to beat in (in hindsight, it reminded me of my I-Blend Sphinx).

Old 02-28-2019, 06:52 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3.7
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 158 Times in 110 Posts

Quote:
Some are, some aren't. I went through a stack and a fair amount had a concave wing.

Niced: (2)
Old 02-28-2019, 06:55 PM
Snowflake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumberjack504 View Post
Some are, some aren't. I went through a stack and a fair amount had a concave wing.
Cool beans. And Infinite announced a new mold, the Emperor... which is rumored to be a Destroyer-L or similar. I hope it is; that would be fun to try.

Old 02-28-2019, 09:09 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 44
Niced 666 Times in 389 Posts

There are plenty of straight-winged Destroyers out there (L-wing if you will). GStars are mostly like that (although not all). I've seen Pros that were like that too (although they don't seem as consistent as GStars). I'd had several lighter Stars (low to mid 160's) like that. The first run of Philo Swirly Star Destroyers all had straight wings although the more recent Philos seem to be mostly concave. I think they even called out that the first run of Philos had been made to be slightly less stable for him if memory serves. They were all in the upper 160's too.

I don't think Innova has ever called anything a "Destroyer-L" though. The closest they've come to acknowledging the variant that I can recall is that description of the first run Philos.
Old 03-03-2019, 09:25 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3.7
Courses Played: 24
Niced 158 Times in 110 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugheshilton View Post
There are plenty of straight-winged Destroyers out there (L-wing if you will). GStars are mostly like that (although not all). I've seen Pros that were like that too (although they don't seem as consistent as GStars). I'd had several lighter Stars (low to mid 160's) like that. The first run of Philo Swirly Star Destroyers all had straight wings although the more recent Philos seem to be mostly concave. I think they even called out that the first run of Philos had been made to be slightly less stable for him if memory serves. They were all in the upper 160's too.

I don't think Innova has ever called anything a "Destroyer-L" though. The closest they've come to acknowledging the variant that I can recall is that description of the first run Philos.
Agreed on the Philos. I have 2 swirly 2017s and one 2018. The 2017s are straight winged, ~167g. They fly great, just a tick OS from neutral for me. The 2018 is convex and is an absolute meathook. I do have an ace on it though . I'd love to see some more Philos this year in the same vein as those 2017s.

I also agree that I don't think they're separate mold pieces, rather just cooling variations in different plastic blends.

Old 03-03-2019, 11:52 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 29.6
Courses Played: 67
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 1,572 Times in 519 Posts

Sounds like some folks have no business throwing a Destroyer no matter the run.