Old 11-27-2012, 09:46 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 7 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hfactor View Post

I was wondering about Hudson mills. I know it is possible to camp at hudson mills which makes me think its possible to play a night round there. Anyone have info on Hudson mills night disc?
The camping part of HM is not a part of the main park, it is across the road and considered a special use group camp, not a typical campground.

At one time, the park was open til 10 pm all year round. Nowadays, no such luck. Website says this:

Park Hours: April 2 - October 31
7 am - 10 pm daily

November 1 - April 1
7 am - 8 pm daily

Years ago, there used to be some stealth after-hours play with occasional opportunity to be chased out by security. It helped to have a pal with a house across the street for easy out of park parking. Both courses are good options for night play when it works out.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2012, 05:21 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 13.4
Courses Played: 38
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sweet thanks for this info! Glad there is still some places to play at after dark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disc Golf Live View Post
The camping part of HM is not a part of the main park, it is across the road and considered a special use group camp, not a typical campground.

At one time, the park was open til 10 pm all year round. Nowadays, no such luck. Website says this:

Park Hours: April 2 - October 31
7 am - 10 pm daily

November 1 - April 1
7 am - 8 pm daily

Years ago, there used to be some stealth after-hours play with occasional opportunity to be chased out by security. It helped to have a pal with a house across the street for easy out of park parking. Both courses are good options for night play when it works out.
Old 12-15-2012, 04:35 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 13.4
Courses Played: 38
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

A small update again.
Sleepy Hollow State Park is open until 10pm daily. My friend went with his glow discs and didnt even get there until midnight and played a round there. So I don't know if they shut the gate at all but if you want to be on the safe side you could show up here from 5:30-7:30 and be out of the park before 10pm. Sweet! Another place to play glow at near lansing!
Old 12-15-2012, 05:27 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Not sure of the park hours but Bertha Brock park is a new one in your area. Its about 15 minutes east of Fallasburg.

Old 12-15-2012, 05:42 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 8
Niced 13 Times in 4 Posts
Default Just so you know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hfactor View Post
A small update again.
Sleepy Hollow State Park is open until 10pm daily. My friend went with his glow discs and didnt even get there until midnight and played a round there. So I don't know if they shut the gate at all but if you want to be on the safe side you could show up here from 5:30-7:30 and be out of the park before 10pm. Sweet! Another place to play glow at near lansing!
I actually worked at sleepy hollow state park as a park ranger for 2 summers. Technically speaking that gate will ALWAYS be locked by 10. In the summer we always had to drive around and kick everyone out of the day use area. Walk the beach, stuff like that. There is only one ranger there year round. He is a very suspecting older man. Who just associates night discin with being up to no good. Long story short, Idk that this is the best option but if it works out for you it is a beautiful course and watch out for hole 9/skip it lol.