#291  
Old 09-14-2020, 11:46 AM
BillFleming BillFleming is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Arizona
Years Playing: 1.8
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHFH
Posts: 405
Niced 239 Times in 144 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles_Lefty View Post
I’m a noodle arm and love the Escape. I’m sure I could find something similar on offer from another brand, but the Escape is good (for me). IIRC, it was one of their first handful of discs produced.
I like the Escape (9/5/-1/2) also and have one in my bag (lost my best, broken in one though). I also carry the Innova Sidewinder (9/5/-3/1), which seems to be a straighter flight, and a Legacy Mongoose. I just got the Mongoose (9/5/-3/1) and am still trying to figure out how I will use it.

The Escape is great when I want my RHFH to curve right and the Sidewinder is for when I need a RHFH to go straight.

I have some other 9 speeds that I try out now and then....but my Escape and Sidewinder are my 'go to' discs for that range.
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #292  
Old 09-14-2020, 01:11 PM
DiscFifty DiscFifty is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 4,263
Niced 1,567 Times in 881 Posts
Default

I am a Wizard man through and through... but the Deputy is easily the best putter I've thrown off the tee for pure distance.
Reply With Quote
  #293  
Old 09-14-2020, 03:15 PM
Orioles_Lefty Orioles_Lefty is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 42
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 490
Niced 716 Times in 274 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillFleming View Post
I like the Escape (9/5/-1/2) also and have one in my bag (lost my best, broken in one though). I also carry the Innova Sidewinder (9/5/-3/1), which seems to be a straighter flight, and a Legacy Mongoose. I just got the Mongoose (9/5/-3/1) and am still trying to figure out how I will use it.

The Escape is great when I want my RHFH to curve right and the Sidewinder is for when I need a RHFH to go straight.

I have some other 9 speeds that I try out now and then....but my Escape and Sidewinder are my 'go to' discs for that range.
Escapes for me tend to have more fade out of the box than some of the Innova models (Roadrunner, Sidewinder, Archangel). They also have more turn than their -1 rating, if you ask me. Maybe -1.5, depending on all kinds of factors. I just bought a 171g that is both heavier than marked and beefier than any others I’ve thrown. Pretty much a Getaway. So I took my Culverins out of my bag and will just beat it in starting from OS. I don’t throw the Escape FH but could probably do so with this one and get a tight flex out of it (if I were to throw it well, unlikely as that is to occur).

The fade the disc has, for me, is a good check on nose angle. An Escape thrown pretty flat, with good nose down flies beautifully. I need to throw more like that. Haha.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #294  
Old 09-14-2020, 04:02 PM
BillFleming BillFleming is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Arizona
Years Playing: 1.8
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHFH
Posts: 405
Niced 239 Times in 144 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles_Lefty View Post
Escapes for me tend to have more fade out of the box than some of the Innova models (Roadrunner, Sidewinder, Archangel). They also have more turn than their -1 rating, if you ask me. Maybe -1.5, depending on all kinds of factors. I just bought a 171g that is both heavier than marked and beefier than any others I’ve thrown. Pretty much a Getaway. So I took my Culverins out of my bag and will just beat it in starting from OS. I don’t throw the Escape FH but could probably do so with this one and get a tight flex out of it (if I were to throw it well, unlikely as that is to occur).

The fade the disc has, for me, is a good check on nose angle. An Escape thrown pretty flat, with good nose down flies beautifully. I need to throw more like that. Haha.
I throw RHFH. When I throw my Escape, I aim left of where I want the disc to land. With the Sidewinder, I aim right at my target. I also don't throw far, so I'm probably not getting the true flight of the discs, but I'm happy.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #295  
Old 09-21-2020, 05:57 PM
Casey 1988 Casey 1988 is offline
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Pierre, South Dakota, USA
Years Playing: 17.3
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 6,944
Niced 1,155 Times in 960 Posts
Default

Not at all, with the ability to get onto a streaming site for a major network with the one tournament on the PT/NT that Dynamic Disc is the top sponsor. Dynamic Disc has yet to reach full potential with what they are doing with other stuff not on the player sponsored side or the manufacture side as the manufacture seems to be as far as Dynamic Disc is going, just small tweaks here and there.

I feel it is Prodigy that has peaked big when they had all the top players until they made discs, then a few left and then more and more due to how they were getting payed so little when the players were supposed to get perks for hitting things in the contracts they never got and is now having to pay $$ for its mistakes of too many players on the team so Prodigy can't really do much as the companies outside manufacture budget is gone.

Dynamic Disc since being part of the Latitude 64 team, makes me think that since the team did not have to with disc worry as much about the manufacture of discs as much now so they could still do other things even when the had too many pro sponsored players on the team. Only thing the team had to think about was sending the designs for the backpacks, the carts, and the discs to the various manufactures they use to make the items so that they did not have to worry about setting up a factory deal in China or other country for backpacks like most other brands that have a backpack or find a factory somewhere to make the cart the way MVP did with the single cart they have made for them. Dynamic Disc could let these companies do the work of manufacture for them, not needing to really check the factory setup for quality of products like the backpacks or the cart as these places were known for quality already.

Niced: (1)

Last edited by Casey 1988; 09-21-2020 at 06:00 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #296  
Old 09-21-2020, 06:09 PM
The Albatross's Avatar
The Albatross The Albatross is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Spokane, WA
Years Playing: 11.3
Courses Played: 36
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,562
Niced 475 Times in 244 Posts
Default

DD and Lat64 are not the same.

One is a manufacturing company founded in Sweden in 2005. They make their own discs and are the OG of the European market.
The other is an American retail company that pivoted to discs in 2012.

They are different in every imaginable way, except that Dynamic uses Latitude’s production and distribution.
Reply With Quote
  #297  
Old 09-21-2020, 06:17 PM
seedlings's Avatar
seedlings seedlings is online now
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Northwest Missouri
Posts: 305
Niced 116 Times in 73 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Albatross View Post
DD and Lat64 are not the same.

One is a manufacturing company founded in Sweden in 2005. They make their own discs and are the OG of the European market.
The other is an American retail company that pivoted to discs in 2012.

They are different in every imaginable way, except that Dynamic uses Latitude’s production and distribution.
I did not know this. Can you explain the ‘trilogy’ relationship while also being ‘different in every way’? (Genuine question, not snark because I don’t know anything besides buying discs at DD store)
Reply With Quote
  #298  
Old 09-21-2020, 06:31 PM
The Albatross's Avatar
The Albatross The Albatross is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Spokane, WA
Years Playing: 11.3
Courses Played: 36
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,562
Niced 475 Times in 244 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seedlings View Post
I did not know this. Can you explain the ‘trilogy’ relationship while also being ‘different in every way’? (Genuine question, not snark because I don’t know anything besides buying discs at DD store)
The “Trilogy” thing is just marketing. The companies are separate LLCs, run by different people, on different continents with different rules and regulations. The only thing that binds them is a contract that keeps DD exclusive and Lat64 producing.
Reply With Quote
  #299  
Old 09-21-2020, 07:28 PM
Moose33 Moose33 is online now
Salient/Yikun Groupie
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Atlanta, GA
Years Playing: 8.8
Courses Played: 82
Throwing Style: RHFH
Posts: 5,855
Niced 1,501 Times in 957 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Albatross View Post
The “Trilogy” thing is just marketing. The companies are separate LLCs, run by different people, on different continents with different rules and regulations. The only thing that binds them is a contract that keeps DD exclusive and Lat64 producing.
And now they are Co-owners of the Westside brand, so they are even a little more intertwined than they used to be.
Reply With Quote
 

  #300  
Old 09-21-2020, 08:01 PM
The Albatross's Avatar
The Albatross The Albatross is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Spokane, WA
Years Playing: 11.3
Courses Played: 36
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,562
Niced 475 Times in 244 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose33 View Post
And now they are Co-owners of the Westside brand, so they are even a little more intertwined than they used to be.
Yikes I forgot about that. Apparently they have 50/50 ownership of Westside, which makes it much more complicated than I’d remembered.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Great Discs: Discraft, Innova, Axiom, Prodigy, MVP, Dynamic Discs deyo7 The Marketplace 2 06-24-2020 12:24 AM
Has Stardoggy peaked? ODRB General Disc Golf Chat 165 06-16-2020 01:34 PM
Has Will Schusterick peaked? DiscFifty General Disc Golf Chat 716 04-09-2019 10:39 PM
AM Worlds Discs: Prodigy M4, Discraft Heat and Dynamic Discs Warden bhadella The Marketplace 2 08-13-2015 02:55 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.