Old 09-21-2020, 06:11 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 122 Times in 75 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
I can't do the extra after the release of disc swing, or I grip lock the disc/have the disc hook into my fingers and not release. There is a little of the after disc swing I can do with faster disc speed 11+ on full power throw but the full after release of disc swing but not the whole thing or I have timing issues with regards to letting the disc out of my hand or having issues with trying to let the disc rip from hands.
Is ‘follow through’ what you mean by after-disc-swing?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2020, 06:24 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 17.3
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,158 Times in 963 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by seedlings View Post
Is ‘follow through’ what you mean by after-disc-swing?
Yes after disc released part that follow though the grip gets messed up especially on less power X step drives where I am doing less then ~90% power. Also I have shoulder pain after a round since 2000's some time when I could get more distance using the X step on all throws but only getting said shoulder pain when attempting full follow thought with power drives 90% of full power or higher. I still get good distance with my shot just not using the follow though at end of drive. It is an odd shot to see me do but it works and the X step is correct with the hip rotation and all just the follow though after disc is released is nearly impossible to get the timing of release right.
Old 09-21-2020, 09:25 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
Yes after disc released part that follow though the grip gets messed up especially on less power X step drives where I am doing less then ~90% power. Also I have shoulder pain after a round since 2000's some time when I could get more distance using the X step on all throws but only getting said shoulder pain when attempting full follow thought with power drives 90% of full power or higher. I still get good distance with my shot just not using the follow though at end of drive. It is an odd shot to see me do but it works and the X step is correct with the hip rotation and all just the follow though after disc is released is nearly impossible to get the timing of release right.
I get shoulder pain when I start strong-arming from the back swing. The only part of the swing where you need muscle is coming out from the chest pocket. Hips and shoulders get everything going at first, not our strong arms. I hope some day I won’t have to make a conscious effort to loosen up until the hit.
Old 09-30-2020, 08:26 AM

Courses Played: 10
Niced 2 Times in 1 Post

Tried this a couple days ago and had great results. I think focusing on getting wide in the reachback helped to get the tension out into the arm (like having the disc be like a weight on a string) rather than letting the shoulder collapse toward the chest. Also helped me keep the hand on the outside of the disc later

I got a lot more spin on the disc on the throws where it worked, but there biggest surprise for me was how much earlier in the swing (closer to the chest rather than past it) the release came. I have a bad problem of throwing way right RHBH which someone mentions above and I know is a symptom of rounding, so seems like this addresses that

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Niced: (2)
Old 10-01-2020, 06:52 PM

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

I haven't seen this video until now, but 3 weeks ago came across someone on reddit describing this. This happened when I was determined to eliminate strong arming and finding the loose "no effort" feeling. I had a lot of success with this immediately, not only quickly matching my strong arming with little effort, but also I was now aware of where my arm and the weight felt like it wanted to be. Part of it might also be that it helps with not collapsing my frame (hugging myself).

It has paid immediate dividends and I feel it will help me with further exercises.

As for aim, I find it only sails right if I fail to get the disc into the pocket.
Old 10-06-2020, 07:10 AM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Would be nice to have some of the legends(seabass/hyzerbomber etc) saying somerhing about possibel bad things this (unintentionally) may or may not do to you form.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
Old 10-06-2020, 07:13 AM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Birdz View Post
Would be nice to have some of the legends(seabass/hyzerbomber etc) saying somerhing about possibel bad things this (unintentionally) may or may not do to you form.

Seabass is hus youtube, sorry. Sidewinder22

Old 10-06-2020, 09:18 AM
Birdie Member

Check out this thread: https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134415

Quote:

Quote:
Seabass is hus youtube, sorry. Sidewinder22

Niced: (1)