Old 09-21-2020, 10:52 PM
Par Member

Niced 153 Times in 64 Posts
Default Help design a new bag

I have been talking with a company that is looking to bring a new disc golf bag to market.
They are looking for not just my input but also all of yours.
They have put together a 35 question survey to gather data on what disc golfers are looking for in a bag as well as some other data.
This survey will run for 1 week from today. At that time 1 person that has filled out the survey will be randomly selected and given a $250 Gift Card to OTB discs.

Please fill out the survey if you can find the time. It will take 5 to 10 minutes.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/DiscGolfBags
Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2020, 11:25 PM

Courses Played: 1
Niced 16 Times in 10 Posts

Done. Easy peasy.
Old 09-22-2020, 12:50 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.7
Courses Played: 140
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 531 Times in 237 Posts

Quick and easy survey.

...though I felt there was more demographic data in there than actual feedback on/about the bags.

I also felt there was an absence of options for people like myself who regularly change from bag to cart, or even bag to bag. For a new manufacturer, I think they would be interested in the desire for versatility since (from my perspective) that is what made bag growth necessary.

You need to carry more stuff, so you make bigger bags, You need to carry more weight comfortably, introduce backpacks. You want to innovate, introduce carts. Now, manufacturers are making bags designed for carts. I still think there is a fairly large void in the "carry" bag market.

There are a lot of bags out there, and I have used most but I needed to modify each one for my personal use. Of course, it is my desire to make my carrying weight efficient. Manufacturers will gladly sell me another bag to satisfy my curiosity if that one actually fits my expectations...

Niced: (3)
Old 09-22-2020, 01:27 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 17.3
Courses Played: 25
Niced 1,150 Times in 956 Posts

The Backpack Disc Golf Bag I use curently is not the best, but it had to fit very specific dimentions of the Vertex angler seat. The one model from Upper parks that would work with the belt on it was gone in 2018 and had trouble saying in stock when it did so when the Athetico backpack came on the market I got it as the bag would fit on the seat, have two bottle holders and not have any upper putter pockets be very hard to use due to how close they are to the seat top. I do not like that there is not a Disc golf backpack with built in seat for under $150 the price for the old style Gorilla Boy exact copy knock off. There should be something in the above $100 but at or below $135 for a Disc golf backpack that has a built in seat. Even if a brand had something like the Knockoff Gorilla Boy backpack range but was not a knockoff of any disc golf brands bag made cheaper, I would have bought it if the bag had a decent seat on it.

I want a seat on my bag, if I carry a seat more then likely it is going to get lost/left on the Disc Golf course or left at home etc when I need it most on the course having to sit and wait. I just do not want to pay well over $200 for a seated disc golf backpack that should not cost that much to make if using foreign factories.

Niced: (1)

Last edited by Casey 1988; 09-22-2020 at 01:30 AM.
Old 09-22-2020, 01:51 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.5
Courses Played: 525
Niced 1,543 Times in 736 Posts

Took me about 5 minutes to do. Worth it for that gift card that I won't win.

Wait, I mean it took 35 minutes and was very complicated to do. I wouldn't bother everyone else. 😁

Old 09-22-2020, 09:06 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 37.4
Courses Played: 250
Niced 4,070 Times in 1,430 Posts

The apparel section was difficult to fill out. I do indeed wear a lot of disc golf related apparel. I have bought NONE. I get it all from tournaments. No option for that.

Old 09-22-2020, 09:36 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 20.3
Courses Played: 101
Niced 845 Times in 407 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by doth_savek View Post
I have been talking with a company that is looking to bring a new disc golf bag to market...
If you're involved with bringing a bag to market, I'd would definitely want to check it out.

Thanks for all of your YouTube videos.

Old 09-24-2020, 08:09 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 3
Niced 199 Times in 102 Posts

Done, not too bad of a job.
Old 09-24-2020, 08:54 PM

Niced 5 Times in 3 Posts

The small $10 duffel from Amazon that I wear over my shoulder doesn't feel threatened yet. If I win the card it's probably going to get me discs instead.

Old 09-24-2020, 09:15 PM
* Ace No More *

Years Playing: 16.4
Courses Played: 331
Niced 4,615 Times in 2,023 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4por View Post
The apparel section was difficult to fill out. I do indeed wear a lot of disc golf related apparel. I have bought NONE. I get it all from tournaments. No option for that.
This. Plus pretty much the only shirts I actually pay money for are for really great private courses. I like to have them as a momento, plus it's a way to throw a few extra bucks the owner's way.

I've got over 30 DG shirts and mebbe 5 hats.
Not a single one was purchased online or from brick and mortar. All from league, tourney, player packs, flymart/funny money, CTP's, or bought directly from the course owner if they have them.

Niced: (2)