#811  
Old 09-21-2020, 05:18 PM
autocrosscrx autocrosscrx is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: May 2020
Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 3
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 278
Niced 215 Times in 109 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphilso1 View Post
My condolences. I feel the same way about the single Lucid-X that I picked up. Those LX Judges came out with the great shape of a Classic/Blend/Prime Judge but with super premium durability. But alas, I'm afraid to throw a disc that I don't have a like-for-like backup for.
Yeah. I was putting Judges and throwing Deputies when I bought it, but then I moved to grid Aviars for putting duties. Then I started turning over Deputies and in searching for a premium Deputy, I discovered that my seasoned Judges fly like Deputies, but with more HSS.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #812  
Old 09-21-2020, 11:51 PM
jmdaire27's Avatar
jmdaire27 jmdaire27 is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Duluth
Years Playing: 13.7
Courses Played: 51
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,086
Niced 481 Times in 296 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphilso1 View Post
I currently bag a couple Judges: one for in the circle putting (Prime or Classic Blend, depending on season) and one that's beat in for workable/understable throws and long putts (Prime). I was throwing a Lucid-X Judge for stable drives for a hot minute, but pulled it out of the bag in large part due to my reticence to throw limited run discs. I'd like to try throwing a Judge that will:
-stay stable longer than Prime,
-have a firmer feel than Classic Blend, and
-be easier to find backups for than Lucid-X

The obvious answer is to grab a stock Lucid or Fuzion, however, the massive dome in those plastics really bothers me. So from what I can tell, my options are to try Classic Judges (I'm leery of their durability as a stable thrower), or try to flatten the dome on a Lucid (I've never done that before, which makes me nervous), or just keep throwing a different mold for that slot. Anyone had the same conundrum? Thoughts?

I know a similar question was asked a couple years ago, but I'd like to get feedback from people who currently use Judges as their workhorse putter mold.
Never got my hands on a LX Judge. Kinda sad I didnt. But, is what it is. Ive been in your boat. I also bag a fresh and beat Prime Judge for putting in and out of circle, respectively.

Youre right, though. Premium Judges are not the same. I have a couple lucid, and both are domey, resulting in me not throwing them (poor hand feel). Classic would have a trade off; not as durable, but cheaper (but probably not cheap enough). My experience is Classic and Prime are not too different in terms of durability.

Anywho, my result was to try out different thrower molds. There are a million options, though... I have settled on the Reko; its a little shallower than other putters and has a flat top, so its comfy. Its HSS and has a little fade until its beat in. I also tried the tomb, but its a little more OS (a la Envy). The Maiden isnt bad. In premium its domey as expected, but its shallow so it is still comfortable. They are glidey though! And, honestly, requires some hyzer to fly straight (they got some turn: I tried 3 dif VIP).

Doesnt hurt to try something until ya find a good fit! Ill say, I like the Reko, but I still find myself hunting for something else.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #813  
Old 09-22-2020, 10:09 AM
aphilso1's Avatar
aphilso1 aphilso1 is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Utah
Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 41
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,248
Niced 803 Times in 489 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdaire27 View Post
Never got my hands on a LX Judge. Kinda sad I didn’t. But, is what it is. I’ve been in your boat. I also bag a fresh and beat Prime Judge for putting in and out of circle, respectively.

You’re right, though. Premium Judges are not the same. I have a couple lucid, and both are domey, resulting in me not throwing them (poor hand feel). Classic would have a trade off; not as durable, but cheaper (but probably not cheap enough). My experience is Classic and Prime are not too different in terms of durability.

Anywho, my result was to try out different thrower molds. There are a million options, though... I have settled on the Reko; it’s a little shallower than other putters and has a flat top, so it’s comfy. It’s HSS and has a little fade until it’s beat in. I also tried the tomb, but it’s a little more OS (a la Envy). The Maiden isn’t bad. In premium it’s domey as expected, but it’s shallow so it is still comfortable. They are glidey though! And, honestly, requires some hyzer to fly straight (they got some turn: I tried 3 dif VIP).

Doesn’t hurt to try something until ya find a good fit! I’ll say, I like the Reko, but I still find myself hunting for something else.
That's a bummer, but not unexpected. The Lucid-X Judge is exactly what I'm looking for, but I have a tendency to lose my driving putters faster than any other slot in my bag (about one every 6 months). Really wish I had grabbed backups when I had the chance.

I guess I will just keep throwing a different mold for my main driving putter (Proxy), and maybe try to tinker with the hot water method on a Lucid or Fuzion Judge the next time DD runs a batch of cheap misprints.
Reply With Quote
  #814  
Old 09-25-2020, 11:57 AM
aphilso1's Avatar
aphilso1 aphilso1 is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Utah
Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 41
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,248
Niced 803 Times in 489 Posts
Default

Changed my mind (big surprise, haha). Decided to take the Lucid-X Judge out of storage and I was rewarded with a near ace on its second throw. I think I'll bag it through the end of the season and just switch back to one of my Proxies when the snow hits. And hopefully DD will have some misprint Lucid Judges available sometime this winter so I can try to flatten them via the hot water method.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #815  
Old 09-25-2020, 01:22 PM
oldmandiscer oldmandiscer is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 719
Niced 137 Times in 97 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphilso1 View Post
Changed my mind (big surprise, haha). Decided to take the Lucid-X Judge out of storage and I was rewarded with a near ace on its second throw. I think I'll bag it through the end of the season and just switch back to one of my Proxies when the snow hits. And hopefully DD will have some misprint Lucid Judges available sometime this winter so I can try to flatten them via the hot water method.
The premium Judges I had were already flatter, maybe not board flat. I guess I am surprised that they are domier now.
Reply With Quote
  #816  
Old 09-25-2020, 01:47 PM
aphilso1's Avatar
aphilso1 aphilso1 is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Utah
Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 41
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,248
Niced 803 Times in 489 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmandiscer View Post
The premium Judges I had were already flatter, maybe not board flat. I guess I am surprised that they are domier now.
Interesting. How long ago did you buy those? I've only been bagging Judges for a year, but looking back through this thread it seems that most people feel they've been domey for a while. I love the shape of baseline plastic Judges and the Lucid-X run came out really close to that, but that's the only premium plastic Judge I've ever seen that resembles the baseline shape.
Reply With Quote
  #817  
Old 09-25-2020, 02:45 PM
jmdaire27's Avatar
jmdaire27 jmdaire27 is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Duluth
Years Playing: 13.7
Courses Played: 51
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,086
Niced 481 Times in 296 Posts
Default

I’ve had a few Lucids, and they’ve all been domey. Even have a 2018 USMP moonshine Lucid that is domey. Flies like a normal Lucid, to my disappointment.

I could see Paige S choosing the LX Judge as her tour series disc, possibly... but that’s a gamble.
Reply With Quote
  #818  
Old 09-25-2020, 02:51 PM
oldmandiscer oldmandiscer is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 719
Niced 137 Times in 97 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphilso1 View Post
Interesting. How long ago did you buy those? I've only been bagging Judges for a year, but looking back through this thread it seems that most people feel they've been domey for a while. I love the shape of baseline plastic Judges and the Lucid-X run came out really close to that, but that's the only premium plastic Judge I've ever seen that resembles the baseline shape.
These are from 3-4 years ago or so.
Reply With Quote
  #819  
Old 09-25-2020, 03:52 PM
etdefender19's Avatar
etdefender19 etdefender19 is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Elk Grove, CA
Years Playing: 4.9
Courses Played: 30
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 761
Niced 458 Times in 232 Posts
Default

Does anyone have any of these with the "Judgment Day" stamp they'd be willing to part with?
Reply With Quote
 

  #820  
Old 09-26-2020, 04:10 PM
7ontheline's Avatar
7ontheline 7ontheline is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Midtown Memphis, TN
Years Playing: 10.1
Courses Played: 67
Posts: 1,256
Niced 162 Times in 96 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphilso1 View Post
I currently bag a couple Judges: one for in the circle putting (Prime or Classic Blend, depending on season) and one that's beat in for workable/understable throws and long putts (Prime). I was throwing a Lucid-X Judge for stable drives for a hot minute, but pulled it out of the bag in large part due to my reticence to throw limited run discs. I'd like to try throwing a Judge that will:
-stay stable longer than Prime,
-have a firmer feel than Classic Blend, and
-be easier to find backups for than Lucid-X

The obvious answer is to grab a stock Lucid or Fuzion, however, the massive dome in those plastics really bothers me. So from what I can tell, my options are to try Classic Judges (I'm leery of their durability as a stable thrower), or try to flatten the dome on a Lucid (I've never done that before, which makes me nervous), or just keep throwing a different mold for that slot. Anyone had the same conundrum? Thoughts?

I know a similar question was asked a couple years ago, but I'd like to get feedback from people who currently use Judges as their workhorse putter mold.
I've been on Judges since they first came out. I did move my putting duties <60' and short runs to Daggers when Feldberg/Lat64 first released them, but I digress.

I still bag a beat Classic for hyzer flips, turnovers, and shorter technical shots where I don't want to risk banging my main putter(Dagger) into a tree.

I also bag a seasoned to straight Classic for straight lower power shots or windy approach. At 250' and a flat release in no wind, it does what Judges do best... lazer beam. At more power or in the wind, I move up to a Fusion Judge or Tourney Harp depending how much wind and how much room I have for hyzer.

The Fusion is an Emac hybrid Fusion. I liked it so much, back in the day, I got three more. They were cool until I got a Lucid.

The yellow Lucid currently in rotation, for windier days, had a bit more dome but Hey!! I putt Daggers so nothing is that domey... Anyway, I was set on Lucid as my go to power throwing mold so I got this bad ass Jeff Ash dye Lucid Judge. It like the yellow Lucid were a beast for fade when they first made the bag. Over a year and a half later, about a month ago, I spaced it/lost.

Now I'm back to my original slightly seasoned Emac Fusion and it flies the same as my sweetly dyed precious Jeff Ash Judge that I lost.

TLDR; get a Lucid. In a month, you'll forget all about the Lucid-X you lost and will love the new one for it's amazing well recognized Judge go straight and far. NOTE: If you buy backups for all the discs you like you will end up like me with hundreds of frisbees that don't get to fly
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help with the Judge! Sonormcneal Discs 31 08-18-2017 04:33 PM
[H]Lucid Judge 9.5/10 [W]Fuzion Judge scarywoody The Marketplace 1 05-08-2016 04:51 PM
Moonshine Judge FluidMoonshine Judge scarywoody The Marketplace 2 05-08-2016 03:04 PM
[H]Lucid Judge 9.5/10 [W]Fuzion Judge scarywoody The Marketplace 0 05-04-2016 08:30 PM
Fuzion Judge vs Lucid Judge driving putter AceALot Discs 7 12-14-2014 12:55 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.